Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 11:40:57 PM EDT
Do you have a mouthwash cup or a toothbrush in your bathroom exposed to the air?  Then the answer is simple.  Seat down, lid down, and flush.  If you have all your tactical gear stowed in an airtight container, then do as you please.

Lid down, and THEN flush.

This is the final and difinitive word on toilet seat placement.  Either comply, or deal with fecal matter on your toothbrush.

That is all.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Do you have a mouthwash cup or a toothbrush in your bathroom exposed to the air?  Then the answer is simple.  Seat down, lid down, and flush.  If you have all your tactical gear stowed in an airtight container, then do as you please.

Lid down, and THEN flush.

This is the final and difinitive word on toilet seat placement.  Either comply, or deal with fecal matter on your toothbrush.

That is all.

I'm pretty sure Mythbusters busted the hell out of that myth.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, I am eating...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
IF there is shit in the air, it was not put there by the toilet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw a segment on like 20/20 or some other show like that once that had some doctor type person go through someones house. They wiped down various parts of the house, (i.e. bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc...) and then tested the wipes to see what was on them. IIRC the bathroom was one of the cleanest and the area around your computer is one of the dirtiest, (as far as germs go). That sounded a bit strange to me but then again I'm not a doctor type person either!

ETA: Scratch that. I remember now. It was an upscale hotel that they did the test in. They found shit on the phone and in the bed. All kinds of bacteria and other nasties all over the damn room. Makes you think twice about staying in one. I think they were saying that the cleaning people were wiping down the bathroom and toilet with a rag and then using that same rag to wipe down the phone and other areas of the room spreading the bacteria all over the damn place.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
scuttlebutt designed by feminazi's to con us into lowering the toliet seat, hence submitting to their control.  

You have lost man points and you're voted off the island.  Hang your head in shame......
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ETA: Scratch that. I remember now. It was an upscale hotel that they did the test in. .

I usually bring my own pillows and comforter when I stay in hotels...and LOTS of anti bacterial hand wash.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:25:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: Scratch that. I remember now. It was an upscale hotel that they did the test in. .

I usually bring my own pillows and comforter when I stay in hotels...and LOTS of anti bacterial hand wash.

Eh, I am pretty sure that I'll leave more germs than take with me in a hotel.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That is all.

You better zip that bubble up tight. That shit is everywhere including your kitchen. Speaking of the kitchen, you DO realize you probably consume a certain amount of poo and roaches and nasy shit like rat feet, right? Your biggest worry is definitely NOT your tooothbrush wether you keep the lid up or down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top