Quoted:
SWEET!!!!!

S W E E T       SWEET!

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Watchin Scrabble on ESPN is sweet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember that tard that tried to spell duenna about 8 years ago?

She would say a letter.....pause thoughtfully and scrunch her face up and say another letter.

I think she lost!

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SWEET!!!!!

S W E E T       SWEET!

What is the language of origin please?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SWEET!!!!!

S W E E T       SWEET!

Can I get that in a Sentence?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
you'd have thought they would have put that on the Ocho.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Remember that tard that tried to spell duenna about 8 years ago?

She would say a letter.....pause thoughtfully and scrunch her face up and say another letter.

I think she lost!

Is that the girl who always covers her mouth between letters like she's saying it to herself first?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SWEET!!!!!

S W E E T       SWEET!

Can I get that in a Sentence?

Main Entry: 1sweet
Pronunciation: 'swEt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English swete, from Old English swEte; akin to Old High German suozi sweet, Latin suadEre to urge, suavis sweet, Greek hEdys
1 a (1) : pleasing to the taste (2) : being or inducing the one of the four basic taste sensations that is typically induced by disaccharides and is mediated especially by receptors in taste buds at the front of the tongue -- compare BITTER, SALT, SOUR b (1) of a beverage : containing a sweetening ingredient : not dry (2) of wine : retaining a portion of natural sugar
2 a : pleasing to the mind or feelings : AGREEABLE, GRATIFYING -- often used as a generalized term of approval <how sweet it is> b : marked by gentle good humor or kindliness c : FRAGRANT d (1) : delicately pleasing to the ear or eye (2) : played in a straightforward melodic style <sweet jazz> e : SACCHARINE, CLOYING
3 : much loved : DEAR
4 a : not sour, rancid, decaying, or stale : WHOLESOME <sweet milk> b : not salt or salted : FRESH <sweet butter> c of land : free from excessive acidity d : free from noxious gases and odors e : free from excess of acid, sulfur, or corrosive salts <sweet crude oil>
5 : SKILLFUL, PROFICIENT <a sweet golf swing>
6 -- used as an intensive <take your own sweet time>
- sweet·ly adverb
- sweet·ness noun
- sweet on : having a crush on
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
They leave it on ESPN art work, no matter whats on
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I love spelling bees, and often used to win them when I was a kid. Most people who poke fun at them were probably bad spellers as kids.....

My own kids don't have them in school. Official reason: no time, since the curriculum is so jam-packed, but teachers tell me that pols and administration don't want to make kids look bad. My take: they don't want to make themselves look bad, since a lot of my former colleagues back when I was a teacher couldn't have spelled their way out of a paper bag...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is it full contact?

Ummm....I think you're talking about a poetry slam.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top