Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 5:05:12 PM EDT
I was looking to join and on their website they offer a $10 membership without their magazine. Has anyone joined this way? I'm not too interested in getting the magazine anyway.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to use the mags as tools to emplace in doctors offices and such. Everytime I went to the auto shop or dentist. I would make sure to bring an American Rifleman with me to leave there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I used to use the mags as tools to emplace in doctors offices and such. Everytime I went to the auto shop or dentist. I would make sure to bring an American Rifleman with me to leave there.

Nice work! I usually read it when I go to the barbershop, which is every couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I choose to get the magazine with my membership as it is the only thing I get in the mail every month that isn't a bill.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Are there any less benefits as far as membership if you don't get the mag?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are there any less benefits as far as membership if you don't get the mag?

well, it's a pretty good magazine, as gun mags go.

I had no idea you couold join for $10 a year.

That's basically a free membership.  Nobody has an excuse for not joining now.

Except of course the brilliant, clear thinking "kill the NRA" guys.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a Life and Endowment Member.

We all should be Life Members.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
i went that route too, $10 for a year of $1000 of gun insurance is all i care about
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I go the same route because the ranges here require NRA membership .

Personally I don't need the mags .
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#9]
They sent me a video, unsolicited, then demanded that I pay money to return it.

Since then I dropped support for a group that uses scammy tactics like that. I agree that they have done many many positive things, and also bent over and spread the asscheeks over others.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:45:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I choose to get the magazine with my membership as it is the only thing I get in the mail every month that isn't a bill.

+1 to that.  Only love I get in the mail is my copy of American Rifleman.  They've had a couple of pieces on ARs recently and the most recent magazine has a story on the Kahr .45s and another on Springfield's SOCOM II.  Neither would qualify as hard boiled investigative journalism but they're plenty good for a pooper read.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I am an NRA Recruiter. I can sell the 1 yr membership with magazine for $25.00. I can only do this by phone or mail in since they will not give me a hotlink into the online membership without a website dedicated to NRA recruiting.

I am certified Instructor and signed onto the recruiting and it is a pretty good program.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am a Life and Endowment Member.

We all should be Life Members.

+1

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:37:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to subscribe to the magazines, and in fact have gotten all of them over the years.  Today I am a member with the $10/year membership b/c none of the magazines really interested me.

Not only are the benefits the same, but I don't get nearly as many begging letters with the $10/year membership as I did with the regular memberships either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top