Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 4:49:08 PM EDT
With OSU spanking ND, and Texas beating OSU, and ND, except for shitty luck, beating USC = TEXAS spanking USC?

What do y'all think?

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me, and WVU vs UGA - WVU wins
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Texass, USC, OSU nor ND played a decent team all year. ND's claim to fame is beating Michigan which will be lucky to be in top 25 and losing to USC.

Who did USC play? Fresno State, ASU and UCLA were shown to be jokes. Texass beat OSU when OSU did not have Smith and nobody else all year.

The Big 12 has made the BSC championship the last 2 years and has proven the conference is a creation of the media only. Remember how OK was the "greatest college team ever" and LSU beat 'em?

If USC played a team with a defense, they would go down. They are a creation of ESPN and ABC
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
USC loses to the Teasips.

SG
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
TEXAS spanking USC?

Mark it down, Texas will have their way with USC.

You'll be hearing the O-VER-RATED chant in the third quarter.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Texass, USC, OSU nor ND played a decent team all year. ND's claim to fame is beating Michigan which will be lucky to be in top 25 and losing to USC.

Who did USC play? Fresno State, ASU and UCLA were shown to be jokes. Texass beat OSU when OSU did not have Smith and nobody else all year.

The Big 12 has made the BSC championship the last 2 years and has proven the conference is a creation of the media only. Remember how OK was the "greatest college team ever" and LSU beat 'em?

If USC played a team with a defense, they would go down. They are a creation of ESPN and ABC

ok......who do you think should be in the Rose Bowl???

Alabama??
LSU??
Fla???

Do you honestly think Texas and USC are not the best teams in the country this year?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TEXAS spanking USC?

Mark it down, Texas will have their way with USC.

You'll be hearing the O-VER-RATED chant in the third quarter.

Hehe.....I hope so.

I hope it is 72 to 3.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WVU vs UGA - WVU wins

21-0 WVU.......1st quarter
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WVU vs UGA - WVU wins

Oh hells yes
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
How was UCLA shown to be a joke?

I hate the Bruins, but they did win their bowl game.

As for the Rose Bowl, I'm hoping for a meteor strike in Pasedena on Wednesday night.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WVU vs UGA - WVU wins

Oh hells yes

GO NEERS!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
With OSU spanking ND, and Texas beating OSU, and ND, except for shitty luck, beating USC = TEXAS spanking USC?

What do y'all think?

I think Texas is lucky they played OSU early in the season when Smith was still cold or else they wouldn't be playing for the NC Wed.

Having said that. I did pick TX to win in my pool I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Texas and USC are the best teams.  Going to be a good game.  USC wins 45-38
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WVU vs UGA - WVU wins

Oh hells yes

GO NEERS!!!!

Slaton over 100 yards and 2 TDs, with 14min left in the 2nd

28-0
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

...so do you yell "War Eagle" (nice loss to Wisconsin) or "Roll Tide" (nice squeaking by of Texas Tech, a BIG TWELVE team that Texas demolished 52-17).  Your SEC is deep, but has no elite team this year.

Go Horns.  I wasn't alive in 1970...let's get one under the belt.  Go Horns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Texas wins by 4..........
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...so do you yell "War Eagle" (nice loss to Wisconsin) or "Roll Tide" (nice squeaking by of Texas Tech, a BIG TWELVE team that Texas demolished 52-17).  Your SEC is deep, but has no elite team this year.

Go Horns.  I wasn't alive in 1970...let's get one under the belt.  Go Horns.

Ya know, some of us in Alabama were  hoping Texas wins, although your smartass bullshit kinda makes me want to see your little Teasips get their asses handed to them.

I thinka a Meteor strike sounds good...

And if you win, BTW, you STILL got to win 8 more to catch the Tide.

(Smartass Teasips...)

SG

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WVU vs UGA - WVU wins

Oh hells yes

GO NEERS!!!!

Slaton over 100 yards and 2 TDs, with 14min left in the 2nd

28-0

Dem Dawgs are 'bout to show up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ya know, some of us in Alabama were  hoping Texas wins, although your smartass bullshit kinda makes me want to see your little Teasips get their asses handed to them.

I thinka a Meteor strike sounds good...

And if you win, BTW, you STILL got to win 8 more to catch the Tide.

(Smartass Teasips...)

SG

Ha!  Fair enough, and yes, Bear Bryant gave you a heck of a history to fall back on.

Root against Texas all you want, but rooting FOR the pretty-boy private schoolers in Los Angeles would reveal a lot more about somebody.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What do y'all think?

I've said all along:  UT 38   USC 23

I don't see SC stopping VY, and they can't score if they don't have the ball.  

HH
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]
All I know is, the Big Ten is taking a beating this year

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

HH

You're right.  Smashmouth football = Texas' best chance to win.  Jamaal Charles is going to be key in this one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

You're right.  Smashmouth football = Texas' best chance to win.  Jamaal Charles is going to be key in this one.

You heard it here first.......we stop Lendale White, we win. ( a few teams have been able to run up the middle on us early in games)

Our defense speed matches up to stop Bush.

I don't think they can stop our offense.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#23]
...and all that emphasis on slowing down White & Bush.

I will be hugging a pillow hoping Huff and Griffin don't bite on a well-executed play-action fake.  

My official prediction, and of course I'm biased

Texas: 37
USC: 30
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#24]
All I know is that the SEC and Big 10 people were talking alot of noise at the beginning of the season.  We are not impressed.

USC 28
Whorns 17

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
All I know is that the SEC and Big 10 people were talking alot of noise at the beginning of the season.  We are not impressed.

USC 28
Whorns 17

So you think that Texas will lose their offensive starters, huh?

That's the only way that SC could hold Texas to 17 points.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell, I just hope it's a good game. No 50-0 blow out on either side. The fans deserve a close game regardless of the whiner. Eh, I mean winner!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#27]
W00T, mvp, Slaton, 204 yards on 20 carries and 3 tds.

And what a fake!

38-35 WVU wins!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#28]
SC by 12 at least.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Using my method for predicting scores near the end of the season that several friends have made a lot of money on the past 20 years, my math predicts:

Texas 36.1
USC   32.3

I might regret this post, but last year it showed if teams were going to make the spread about 60% of the time.  My gut tells me the score is going to be closer to 50 points.z
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
My math says USC wins a 3rd 2nd straight national championship Wednesday night.

LSU won the 2003 National Title.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My math says USC wins a 3rd 2nd straight national championship Wednesday night.

LSU won the 2003 National Title.

Exactly.  Why do so many idiots on TV get that wrong?z
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My math says USC wins a 3rd straight national championship Wednesday night.

You look GOOD in burnt orange!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Buckeye here.

USC has played NOBODY in UT's league.

Everyone says Ginn and Holmes are fast.  UT had no problem keeping them in check the whole game.

I think if UT and OSU played now, the outcome would be different.  

I also think UT is gonna whip USC's ass.

USC squeeked by way too many opponants.

Gonna be a fun one to watch, but I predict it will be like the Miami v Bama game in the early 90's  Everyone said Miami was gonna crush the tide.  The canes had their asses handed to them.

Congrats UT, on a well played season.

Now, please keep Mack Brown from fucking up this next game.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Buckeye here.

Everyone says Ginn and Holmes are fast.  UT had no problem keeping them in check the whole game.

Gonna be a fun one to watch, but I predict it will be like the Miami v Bama game in the early 90's  Everyone said Miami was gonna crush the tide.  The canes had their asses handed to them.

TXL

Yeah.....we would beat y'all worse.

j/k

Texas played terribly and still beat a quality team on the road. It is debatable whether OSU just made Texas play bad or not.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Buckeye here.

TXL

Yeah.....we would beat y'all worse.

j/k

Texas played terribly and still beat a quality team on the road. It is debatable whether OSU just made Texas play bad or not.

What position do you play?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

j/k

Got a case of "selective reading" do ya???
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My math says USC wins a 3rd straight national championship Wednesday night.

You look GOOD in burnt orange!

Why thank you my friend.

And you'll look good wearing this:

tinypic.com/jl5u2w.jpg

We'll see.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#41]
You woofers crack me up!  I heard the same stuff last year at this time.

"OU played REAL teams...while USC played nothing but west coast pussies!  OU will kick their surfer asses!"

"USC is a bunch of pansies!"  "They had trouble with UCLA for God's sake...they have NO chance against a TOUGH OU DEFENSE!"

"OU's running game will EAT UP USC's bunch of defensive sissies."

Yea...the same refrain was heard across the ARFCOM land the day or two before the BIG contest.  Except it wasn't much of a contest.

This will likely be a very good game.

I made this prediction last year and I make it again:  IF the SC offensive line can protect Leinart, and open just small seams for Bush & Company, it is going to be a very long day for the Teasippers.

I said exactly the same thing last year.  The SC lines went out and beat up OU on both sides of the ball...and as some of the more awake of you might just remember, Leinart sliced and diced the OU defensive backs while Bush and his RB brethren ran over and around the vaunted OU defensive eleven.

HERE is the basic key to an SC blowout:  IF the SC defensive team can bottle up Texas' superb QB, Mr. DO-IT-ALL Vince Young, easy victory for SC.  IF on the other hand, Young runs free, then SC will have a DOG FIGHT on their hands, and just may lose if the game is close.  Young is a superstar headed for greatness on Sundays...(but NOT necessary at the QB position.)

Wake up Girls...it ain't over til its over!  Don't make the mistake of thinking that SC had an easy schedule.  They did not.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

You heard it here first.......we stop Lendale White, we win. ( a few teams have been able to run up the middle on us early in games)

Our defense speed matches up to stop Bush.

I don't think they can stop our offense.

Obviously you too missed last year's game!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Given what I saw yesterday, I wouldn't have a clue. Past games don't seem to matter.

Pulling for Texas, but

All I know is...........

Bama won (ok, so it was ugly).

Auburn lost.

And TENNESSEE didn't get invited to the dance!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

j/k

Nope.  You said "we" and I was just wondering what position you play.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Obviously you too missed last year's game!  

I did.

When did Texas-USC play???

What was the score???

Are you trying to compare this years Texas team to last years Oklahoma team.........are you really???

You do know that Texas scores almost 12 points a game more than Ok did last year right?

Even though the defenses are almost identical in points a lot of Texas' points scored on them came because of the huge leads they have late in the game.

Oklahoma beat Texas last year 12-0 in a game Texas should have won.

This years Texas team is A LOT (understatement) better than last years Texas team.

So, how does last years OU game compute into this years game???
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

j/k

Nope.  You said "we" and I was just wondering what position you play.

Couch warmer/beer drinker/Big Bear wagerer
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... And if you win, BTW, you STILL got to win 8 more to catch the Tide.

Ha!  Fair enough, and yes, Bear Bryant gave you a heck of a history to fall back on...

Just for the record, Coach Bryant was only at the helm for 6 of the 12 uncontested 'Bama National Championships (as well as 4 of the 5 shared/contested ones).

As for me and my house, we'll be pulling for Texas all the way (I have a lot more ties to and love for Texas than I ever will California... ).

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
... And if you win, BTW, you STILL got to win 8 more to catch the Tide.

Ha!  Fair enough, and yes, Bear Bryant gave you a heck of a history to fall back on...

Just for the record, Coach Bryant was only at the helm for 6 of the 12 uncontested 'Bama National Championships (as well as 4 of the 5 shared/contested ones).

As for me and my house, we'll be pulling for Texas all the way (I have a lot more ties to and love for Texas than I ever will California... ).

Don't forget it was SC that kicked Bear's butt when showing him blacks could play college football.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
<-----

That look's funny.....but damn it feels GOOD!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top