Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:35:18 PM EDT
this for less?? new springfields list for around 1300.

nice original one

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42150814
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
And why would someone buy that off gunbroker when they could get a 1940s M1 with a 1950s overhaul for $400?

ETA: from the CMP
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]

I don't understand why anyone buys garands anywhere other than the CMP - unless they are unable to (like poor me )

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't understand why anyone buys garands anywhere other than the CMP - unless they are unable to (like poor me )

me too, i wish i had the money to buy one from cmp but im broke also...............
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know why anybody would buy a new Springfield Armory anything.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

here is a nice ww2 vet for less

good luck with your auction, AROKIE
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, I'm glad that SA is making M1 Garand.
As a consumer, it is an another path or opportunity.  

I'm collecting CMP required documents to purchasing M1 and I plan to visit CMP store to buy a M1 & a receiver for future build.
I do not know how long SA will continue to make'em but I hope to get one someday as a brand new condition.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Cartouche looks too good.

I'm a skeptic, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

sorry, but in America, wooden shoes are not legal tender
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be the first to offer 87 dollars.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

All three of mine were acquired from local private sellers. They turn up in the local paper all the time. As far as CMP goes, yeah I'd like to one day go through the CMP process and actually buy one from them, but, for now, it's just too easy to get them locally.

Arokie, that is a nice M1 over at Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't know why anybody would buy a new Springfield Armory anything.

+1

They need to drop the M1 copies and concentrate on making the M1A with decent parts.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#12]
All three of mine were acquired from local private sellers. They turn up in the local paper all the time. As far as CMP goes, yeah I'd like to one day go through the CMP process and actually buy one from them, but, for now, it's just too easy to get them locally.

It is easy to get them locally. For +/- $700 bucks. There is usually at least one in every Lowcountry Trader. Heres the catch. I have $620 in a CMP Springfield (Greek) and 480 rounds of ammo. The ammo was vacum sealed and looks brand new. It came in clips and bandoliers. The initial CMP paperwork is a PITA, but I got a Garand and 480 rounds of ammo for $100 less than buying locally. For me, thats more than worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is a nice ww2 vet for less

good luck with your auction, AROKIE

uhhh that isnt mine....................i have never sold anything on gunbroker, i just like to go there and see guns..
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It is easy to get them locally. For +/- $700 bucks. There is usually at least one in every Lowcountry Trader. Heres the catch. I have $620 in a CMP Springfield (Greek) and 480 rounds of ammo. The ammo was vacum sealed and looks brand new. It came in clips and bandoliers. The initial CMP paperwork is a PITA, but I got a Garand and 480 rounds of ammo for $100 less than buying locally. For me, thats more than worth the hassle.

I picked up one of my Springfields for $300, the other for $400. They have the usual wear you typically find on WWII Garands but they are not "beat up."

I gave $600 for a pristine International Harvester.

No catch to it; they are all are great shooters.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry, but in America, wooden shoes are not legal tender

So that was what that cab driver was so upset about!!

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I picked up one of my Springfields for $300, the other for $400. They have the usual wear you typically find on WWII Garands but they are not "beat up."

Note to self - start reading local paper.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have less than $300 into this one, and that includes the new wilson .308 barrel...

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
+1 on the CMP.  I've bought two from them so far and they are the way to go get the "real thing".
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#19]
$350 at a gun show.

Winchester receiver (Oct 1943 build date)
SA internals
New barrel
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys got to the party too late. I never paid more than $250 for any of my Garands. The last one was untouched, with all correct WW2 parts-even an uncut op rod!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
$350 at a gun show.

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album13/M1_Garand_2.sized.jpg

Winchester receiver (Oct 1943 build date)
SA internals
New barrel

Nice try, but everyone knows if you didn't get it directly from the CMP it's a POS.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You guys got to the party too late. I never paid more than $250 for any of my Garands. The last one was untouched, with all correct WW2 parts-even an uncut op rod!

You must be talking about the 1960s.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#23]
That rifle is no WW2 vet. It is a post war according to the serial number.

I don't trust those cartouches either. The stock is obviously heavily sanded (look at the trigger group in relation to the stock) and the cartouches are too crisp.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You hadnt wasted so much money on a mustang you would have plenty of money!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Good deal Panzersgt. I must not be looking in the right place. I hereby shut my mouth.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That rifle is no WW2 vet. It is a post war according to the serial number.

I don't trust those cartouches either. The stock is obviously heavily sanded (look at the trigger group in relation to the stock) and the cartouches are too crisp.

you are right it isnt one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Good deal Panzersgt. I must not be looking in the right place. I hereby shut my mouth.

The thing is, I wasn't looking for a Garand when I bought any of these guns; they just sort of came along and I snatched them up.

The CMP is a great organization. I just about have my paper work put together to buy a gun from them. I just need to get off my cartouche and get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#28]
new guy here, could someone clue me in on what CPM is ??????
thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#29]
CMP= Civilian Marksmanship Program....Check out www.odcmp.com they sell various grades of M1's and '03 Springfields, a few things needed to buy from them, but that's explained on their site, once you get hooked up you can but up 8 M1's a year..they ship direct to your door...I've bought several M1's a pretty decent '03 and a fresh rebuilt '03A3 from them. These rifles are worth every penny spent!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Panzersgt: No, I'm talking about the early 90's. At every gun show around here M1s were $250,and carbines were $150. The good ole' days...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You hadnt wasted so much money on a mustang you would have plenty of money!

its all part of his master economic plan.

1. old mustang

2. ??????

3. profit  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top