Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:25:57 AM EDT
My Hokies are looking like a bunch of thugs out there.  I hope Marcus Vick gets hurt for the shit he just did.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My Hokies are looking like a bunch of thugs out there.  I hope Marcus Vick gets hurt for the shit he just did.

Someone just saw that dickhead  step on that guy calf when he was getting up.

ETA:(I didn't actually see which player stepped on him.)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone just saw that dickhead  step on that guy calf when he was getting up.

ETA:(I didn't actually see which player stepped on him.)

Vick the prick  Jimmy Williams was ejected from the game for getting a little to close to the face of a ref as well.

ETA just looked at the reply, Jimmy Williams's altercation was unintentional, was walking backwards and bumped into the ref accident
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
professional sports
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#4]
By the thread title I thought you were sorry for the Wolf Sucks thread last month.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
By the thread title I thought you were sorry for the Wolf Sucks thread last month.

Danny

I wish that was what I was posting about it.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#6]
They just replayed the stomping on the calf/back of knee. I hope they do break him. what a POS.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They just replayed the stomping on the calf/back of knee. I hope they do break him. what a POS.

I would rather have a team that goes 6-6 with good guys than a team that goes 11-2 with ass-hole thugs.  I can't pull for my school's football team if it is dominated by dipshits.  I hope Beamer takes a look at the film and sets Vick on the bus while someone more deserving hits the field.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Marcus Vick will have the same career is Maurice Clarret.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would rather have a team that goes 6-6 with good guys than a team that goes 11-2 with ass-hole thugs.  I can't pull for my school's football team if it is dominated by dipshits.  I hope Beamer takes a look at the film and sets Vick on the bus while someone more deserving hits the field.

that would be justice, poor sport spoiled prima donna..
I'd still rather see the guy he stepped on get a nice legal clean shot and put him on the bench.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a little happier now.  Still angry with Vick but I can' not root for the other guys.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am a little happier now.  Still angry with Vick but I can' not root for the other guys.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

35-24
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

35-24

is it over? sattelite went out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

35-24

is it over? sattelite went out.

Yep
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]
it's over 35-24 HOKIES!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
it's over 35-24 HOKIES!

Vick is still a dick for that cheap shot.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#17]
congrats on the win HOKIESHOOTER
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Thanks!  That Florida game was somthing else as well. I thought it was all but wraped up at half.  Good win for y'all as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!  That Florida game was somthing else as well. I thought it was all but wraped up at half.  Good win for y'all as well.

it was never in doubt
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like the season if over for Notre Dame.  They lost, what a shame.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I didn't see it, but I've read enough about it.

Combine that with everything else Vick has done in his years in Blacksburg and Beamer should send him packing to Hampton Roads.

It seemed as if Beamer had stopped recruiting thugs after the Drunkenmiller years, but it seems he's got a new crop of them in Blacksburg now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Looks like the season if over for Notre Dame.  They lost, what a shame.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I didn't see it, but I've read enough about it.

Combine that with everything else Vick has done in his years in Blacksburg and Beamer should send him packing to Hampton Roads.

It seemed as if Beamer had stopped recruiting thugs after the Drunkenmiller years, but it seems he's got a new crop of them in Blacksburg now.

Here is an artcle with quotes from the VT quarterbacks coach:
www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13535406.htm
BY DAVID TEEL
Newport News Daily Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Kevin Rogers took a stand. Question is, will someone in authority at Virginia Tech follow suit?

Rogers, the Hokies' quarterbacks coach, refused to bask in Monday's 35-24 victory over Louisville in the Gator Bowl. Instead, he tackled the afternoon's indelible moment: The inexcusable cheap shot Tech quarterback Marcus Vick took on a prone Louisville defender, All-America end Elvis Dumervil.

"Flagrant" and worthy of ejection, according to Rogers. "Embarrassing" to Vick and the program, he added.

Rogers couldn't be more right.

Head coach Frank Beamer wouldn't go that far. He rarely does. But Beamer, or if necessary his superiors, need to discipline Vick.

Harshly.

Publicly.

ASAP.

Yes, the season is over. But the images of Vick standing over the fallen Dumervil and driving his right cleat into the back of Dumervil's left knee late in the second quarter will not soon fade and should not go unpunished.

Wind sprints `til he pukes? Banishment from spring practice or the team training table?

Sorry, not good enough. At the very least, Tech ought to suspend Vick for the 2006 season-opener.

Cue the Vick apologists: The media picks on him because of his last name; football is a violent game; he was reacting to previous plays.

Pure, unadulterated nonsense. The younger brother of Pro Bowl quarterback and former Tech All-American Michael Vick is not a first-time offender who deserves a pass. He is a fine football player see the tape of Monday's second half for the latest evidence who has been a problem child since he departed Warwick High in Newport News, Va., for Blacksburg.

Liquor, marijuana, under-aged girls, flipping off fans at West Virginia.

"A no-character individual," Dumervil said as he left the stadium.

Too harsh, but can you blame the guy? He's the national defensive player of the year who's headed to the NFL after this, his final college game. Vick's stunt could have wrecked Dumervil's knee and cost him millions.

Odds are you've seen the play: Late in the second quarter, Dumervil tackles Vick cleanly after a 9-yard scramble. Vick pops up, pauses, and, with Dumervil flat on his stomach, stomps the back of his knee.

Inexplicably, the Big 12 officiating crew missed it. No flag. But Rogers saw it.

"I sure as hell did," he said. "There's no place for that in the game. It's embarrassing, and I think it misrepresents who he really is."

Maybe Rogers is right. Maybe Vick is good-hearted and reflective. But Vick is also maddeningly inconsistent. Indeed, after the game he was contrite, defiant and apparently dishonest.

"Sometimes out there on the field some things happen and, unfortunately, sometimes I don't know how to carry myself," the contrite Vick said. "That's all about coming back (for his senior season) being polished and becoming a better person."

The defiant Vick said, "It was an accidental play. Football is football."

And the apparently dishonest Vick said Dumervil "definitely" accepted his apology.

But Dumervil and Louisville officials said the players never spoke after the game. Tech officials then said Vick waited outside the Cardinals' locker room to no avail.

Regardless, Vick's contention that Dumervil accepted his apology speaks to a troubling notion: Vick still doesn't get it. He still believes he's above the rules.

Someone needs to cure him of that notion. Now.

"I hate like hell to be talking about this after we won the game," Rogers said.

Understood. Tech overcame an 11-point, fourth-quarter deficit with three late touchdowns. The 12th-ranked Hokies became the third team in program history to win 11 games (11-2) and made a compelling case for inclusion in the final top 10.

Individually, seniors such as tight end Jeff King, tailback Cedric Humes, center Will Montgomery, linebacker James Anderson and defensive end Darryl Tapp concluded sterling Tech careers with gold-plated performances. Offensive tackle Brandon Frye was outstanding in relief of injured Jimmy Martin; ditto cornerback Brandon Flowers after Jimmy Williams' first-quarter ejection for bumping an official (a sad conclusion to his All-American career).

And Marcus Vick completed six of eight second-half passes, many in the how'd-he-do-that? category, for 110 yards and a touchdown. Alas, the other side of Marcus emerged.

"It hurts him, it hurts our program," Rogers said.

Does it taint a benchmark victory?

"For me," Rogers said, "it does."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top