Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:05:31 AM EDT
Is that TV show DOG:bounty hunter the real deal or is he considered a poser in the 'business'?

Sometimes it seems real cheesy IMO

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
He could track a fish through water. He is the ninja master of bounty hunting, ask him or his fat wife they will tell you the same thing.  I think all bounty hunters are "cheesy" pretty much. I've met some around here that were more of a scum bag than the guys they were trying to catch
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Im not "in the business", but I remember reading a couple things online about his inflated credentials and accompliahments.

For what its worth, the guys where I work think he's some super tough guy or something.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I consider him the Vanilla Ice of his industry.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#4]
BTW: He is a convicted felon. That is why he only uses the ginormus pepper spray. I have only watched the show once, and as far as I am concerned that was too much.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought he seemed much tougher before I knew anything about him. When he was arrested in Mexico for showing up the FBI, I still thought he was cool. Now that I've seen his show, he's just another asshat on TV.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm hoping he storms the wrong house and gets shot to death on television.

I'd even go as far as to set that sort of thing up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#7]
You should watch HBO's "Family Bonds". It is a more realistic look at the business (IMO). In Family Bonds, the guy drives a beat up ford econoline van that is like 20 years old. They don't wear camo and they don't drive 50K automobiles.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a bounty for him.....

Why doesn't he go find Osama?  $25 Million bounty?  Guess it's kinda hard to spend if your dead though eh?

+1 one to whoever said he looks like more of a scumbag than the guys he's after!

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#9]
good question

i always found them to be rather  funny
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#10]
One of my classmates a few years ago was a PI/bounty hunter. Mostly all he did was surveillance and he was professional about it; called the cops ahead of time to let them know what he was doing and where, etc. When he needed to make an arrest, he called the police department ahead of time and they put a squad car in the area and didn't go anywhere until he called them in for the arrest.

He had some funny stories, but he didn't do anything overly exciting. That was just the way he liked it; "better alive than excited".
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I got a bounty for him.....

Why doesn't he go find Osama?  $25 Million bounty?  Guess it's kinda hard to spend if your dead though eh?

Spray Osama with pepper spray, then make him stomp his own krinkov, then say a prayer together.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

LOL...Thats what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#13]
He reminds me of the drunk thugs I used to haul to jail.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm hoping he storms the wrong house and gets shot to death on television.

I'd even go as far as to set that sort of thing up.

While I don't wish him any harm, I would watch that episode.  I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Better idea..

We should've kept Tookie alive and let them hunt each other on a deserted island. Give them helmet cams on pay-per-view for $5.99.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

High
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Better idea..

We should've kept Tookie alive and let them hunt each other on a deserted island. Give them helmet cams on pay-per-view for $5.99.

hainsawkill.gif
That would be worth it!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't for the life of me figure out how that guy keeps from getting his ass shot!   That show has got to be fake.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I can't for the life of me figure out how that guy keeps from getting his ass shot!   That show has got to be fake.  

Good point , He's in Hawaii correct? Is Hawaii a carry state?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hawaii is really hard on guns AFAIK.  Difficult to own at all and no carry.  I might be wrong but that's my understanding.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hawaii is really hard on guns AFAIK.  Difficult to own at all and no carry.  I might be wrong but that's my understanding.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway. It must be like Chicago/crook county (only the criminals have the guns). We need a DOG gets shot countdown timer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess it doesn't matter anyway. It must be like Chicago/crook county (only the criminals have the guns). We need a DOG gets shot countdown timer.

Sure or it could be really gnarly and gruesome with someone using a crossbow, a speargun or a bangstick.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I made the mistake of watching that show once

the guy acts like a complete tool and I'm honestly surprised he has survived this long
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Poser.

Convicted felon, can't own guns.

Somewhere I have a link to a good article exposing him and his clan... I'll see if I can dig it up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Well then, obviously it must be a utopia devoid of crime, like the UK.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well then, obviously it must be a utopia devoid of crime, like the UK.

No doubt.  Safe as can be.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#27]
someone in the forum from HI lives just down the street from him. He had a story to tell about Dog and his family a year or so ago.

If you have access to the archives to search, I think the thread was in GD.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
someone in the forum from HI lives just down the street from him. He had a story to tell about Dog and his family a year or so ago.

exactly a year ago archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=309973
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly a year ago archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=309973

For those of us who aren't team members, can I get the cliffs notes of the story?

Also, I watch the show. I like it, but I view it as entertainment, not real-life. Who's entertained more by real-life than TV shows and movies?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
He could track a fish through water. He is the ninja master of bounty hunting, ask him or his fat wife they will tell you the same thing.  I think all bounty hunters are "cheesy" pretty much. I've met some around here that were more of a scum bag than the guys they were trying to catch

I think he studied under Chuck Norris
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

For those of us who aren't team members, can I get the cliffs notes of the story?

Also, I watch the show. I like it, but I view it as entertainment, not real-life. Who's entertained more by real-life than TV shows and movies?

heres the post

Originally Posted By darealickt :Dog Chapman is nothing more than a glorified bail bondsman. He owns a company here in Honolulu called "Da Kind Bail Bonds". When criminals he has bonded skip their court dates, he and his crew go and find them.

Oahu is NOT a big island. Criminals CAN NOT run far. Unless they have a boat or a plane, they aren't leaving an island that is not even thirty miles wide at its widest. Being a "Bounty Hunter" on the island of Oahu is almost certainly the easiest place in the county to have such an occupation. Ever notice how just about every one of his "bounties" is a drug offender? Never violent offenders, are they?

I live just down the block from Dog's house. I can tell you, after living on this island for all of my 29 years, that he and his family are the only white trash here. Oh yes, we have countless numbers of brown trash and yellow trash, but not white trash. Do you think his fat bitch of a wife only behaves that way in front of the cameras? WRONG! She is constantly that way, be it when I see her in the supermarket, or even when I see her and Dog at a nearby restaurant.

Ever notice that Dog seems proud of the fact that he doesn't and never will carry a gun, and never stops bragging about it? First, it is illegal for convicted felons to own, let alone posess, any firearm. Well, our friendly neighborhood Dog happens to be a felon convicted of a violent crime. Second, it is illegal for anyone, including "Bounty Hunters" in the State of Hawaii to carry openly or consceled.

I feel very strongly that Dog Chapman will have a bad day on the streets sometime very soon, and hopefully the A&E camera will be there do witness the wippin' of the Dog.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By darealickt :Dog Chapman is nothing more than a glorified bail bondsman. He owns a company here in Honolulu called "Da Kind Bail Bonds". When criminals he has bonded skip their court dates, he and his crew go and find them.

Oahu is NOT a big island. Criminals CAN NOT run far. Unless they have a boat or a plane, they aren't leaving an island that is not even thirty miles wide at its widest. Being a "Bounty Hunter" on the island of Oahu is almost certainly the easiest place in the county to have such an occupation. Ever notice how just about every one of his "bounties" is a drug offender? Never violent offenders, are they?

I live just down the block from Dog's house. I can tell you, after living on this island for all of my 29 years, that he and his family are the only white trash here. Oh yes, we have countless numbers of brown trash and yellow trash, but not white trash. Do you think his fat bitch of a wife only behaves that way in front of the cameras? WRONG! She is constantly that way, be it when I see her in the supermarket, or even when I see her and Dog at a nearby restaurant.

Ever notice that Dog seems proud of the fact that he doesn't and never will carry a gun, and never stops bragging about it? First, it is illegal for convicted felons to own, let alone posess, any firearm. Well, our friendly neighborhood Dog happens to be a felon convicted of a violent crime. Second, it is illegal for anyone, including "Bounty Hunters" in the State of Hawaii to carry openly or consceled.

I feel very strongly that Dog Chapman will have a bad day on the streets sometime very soon, and hopefully the A&E camera will be there do witness the wippin' of the Dog.

HAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah Dog sucks, but his wife is a Hottie
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I like the show.
I think he is a TOTAL cheese ball.
I think he could probably kick your ass if he needed.
I think its an example of someone who was a worthless POS who turned his life around.
I think they add drama and BS lines for the TV show. Same with the "look".
I think that he does give back to the community and he seems to help some of them out who can turn their lives around. Ice is bad in Hawaii and he does help with school programs etc.

As for the whole "lack of guns" thing, hes an ex-felon, so he cant even own a gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Poser or not, he just signed a $1.5 million extension for next season.
He's laughing all the way to the bank and doesn't care whether you like him or not.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I thought he seemed much tougher before I knew anything about him. When he was arrested in Mexico for showing up the FBI, I still thought he was cool. Now that I've seen his show, he's just another asshat on TV.

If it's on TV (like all those chopper, etc. shows) it more than likely BS.

Quoted:
One of my classmates a few years ago was a PI/bounty hunter. Mostly all he did was surveillance and he was professional about it; called the cops ahead of time to let them know what he was doing and where, etc. When he needed to make an arrest, he called the police department ahead of time and they put a squad car in the area and didn't go anywhere until he called them in for the arrest.

He had some funny stories, but he didn't do anything overly exciting. That was just the way he liked it; "better alive than excited".

I think I'd go into it for the chase, not the glory/postering.  Think they're doing okay by keeping some off the street?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#39]
'Dog' Chapman is as far removed from reality as all the rest of the reality shows on the boobtube.

No, he is NOT representative of the majority of B.E.A.'s who quietly and professionally go about the business of rounding up fugitives from justice (at no cost to the taxpayers) on a daily basis.

Yes, he's a real 'bounty hunter'.  He and his crew often do put bail jumpers back in jail.

No...I wouldn't hire him or any one that looks and acts the way he does to chase a skip of mine.

Yes, his show is the highest rated show ever aired by A&E.

Yes, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

No, he doesn't care what any of us (in or outside of the industry) think of him.

Regards,
Bailagent100
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I like the show.
I think he is a TOTAL cheese ball.
I think he could probably kick your ass if he needed.
I think its an example of someone who was a worthless POS who turned his life around.
I think they add drama and BS lines for the TV show. Same with the "look".
I think that he does give back to the community and he seems to help some of them out who can turn their lives around. Ice is bad in Hawaii and he does help with school programs etc.

As for the whole "lack of guns" thing, hes an ex-felon, so he cant even own a gun.

+1 give him a break guys, he is a good person
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Dr Phil could probably whoop his butt though!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Mister44
Has it right IMHO
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard that about Hawaii also, but they do have their own version of the 2A in their state constitution, if I recall correctly....it is sad they are so anti-gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#45]
So if the guy is an ex-felon and can't own a gun, then how the fuck does he enforce????

It seems to me like someone would have blasted his ass by now.........

Not to mention that guy is about the trashiest scumbag I've ever seen, damnit he could at least cut his fucking mop...it's not like he can't afford a haircut
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top