Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 7:42:12 AM EDT
I love our congressman!!!

Just heard J.D. talking about this on a local talk show.

LINK

"Title: Arizona Rep. J.D. Hayworth(R.-AZ) to Fox: 'Shut Up'
Source: humaneventsonline.com
URL Source: http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php? print=yes&id=10894
Published: Dec 15, 2005
Author: Robert Bluey
Post Date: 2005-12-15 19:21:16 by Tombstone Stranger
8 Comments

GOP Congressman to Fox: 'Shut Up'

by Robert B. Bluey Posted Dec 15, 2005

U.S. Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R.-Ariz.) said Thursday that Mexican President Vicente Fox should “shut up” about his opposition to a proposed U.S.-Mexico border fence.

Fox on Wednesday called the idea of a fence “disgraceful and shameful.”

“I’m going to step away from diplomatic rules and offer President Fox some straight talk: President Fox should shut up,” Hayworth told HUMAN EVENTS. “He should shut up about all of this because he is only fanning the flames of poor relations between our two nations. He needs to cease and desist.”

Hayworth continued: “What’s disgraceful is President Fox presuming to lecture the United States on how best to protect itself against an invasion -- an invasion that has his wholehearted advocacy. . . . He needs to stop his advocacy of an invasion of his countrymen into our nation. What’s shameful is that, as the president of the Republic of Mexico, he does nothing to stem this invasion. He actively endorses it.”

Speaking Wednesday in the Tamaulipas state bordering Texas, Fox said: “The disgraceful and shameful construction of walls, the increasing enforcement of security systems and increasing violation of human rights and labor rights will not protect the economy of the United States.”

The House of Representatives, as early as today, will consider an amendment to the fast-moving Republican immigration reform bill. Sponsored by Armed Services Chairman Duncan Hunter (R.-Calif.), the amendment mandates the construction of a fence along the U.S.-Mexico border and requires a study of possible physical barriers along the U.S.-Canada border.

Colin Hanna, president of WeNeedAFence.com, said Fox’s comments could ultimately backfire.

“President Fox’s belligerent statements are not helpful, and are certainly not the remarks of a statesman, never mind an American ally,” Hanna said. “We hear reports that the Mexican military and government officials are actually helping illegal aliens cross the border. If President Fox really wanted to help, he would turn his attention toward ways to stop the official and unofficial fostering of the massive tide of illegal immigration.” "

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally, somebody said it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#3]
More politicians should follow his lead
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've always said that Mexico's greatest export to the USA is unemployment.  

The more unemployed Mexicans that cross the border, the fewer Mexico has.  

Should be good for their economy, why shouldn't President Fox be in favor of that?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#5]
You think he would run for president? Hell on that statement alone I would vote for him.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Why can't we just shoot illegal immigrants?
hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been screaming at Vicente Fox to STFU whenever he is on TV for a long time.  I guess my TV does not transmit very well.   Maybe an upgrade is in order.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You think he would run for president? Hell on that statement alone I would vote for him.

Damn right, he's got my vote!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As an elected official of a state directly affected by this invasion, he can make these statements. As President, he would have to toe a different line.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#10]
You gotta love 'ol JD Hayworth.

He's part of the legislative team that cancels out the negative influence of our "butch" governer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#11]
President Bush promptly offered an official apology for Representative Hayworth's statements, and promised it would never happen again.

I dont know what Fox has on Bush, but it must be something pretty bad.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It would cause an overpopulation of turkey vultures!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#13]
man needs to run for president.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
man needs to run for president.

First he need to clone himself.  One run for McCain's seat  t uproot him,  Then a clone for pres.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
President Bush promptly offered an official apology for Representative Hayworth's statements, and promised it would never happen again.

I sure hope this was a joke...

If not can you post a link?  It might be time to call the WhiteHouse tommrow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#16]
He is a good man.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I've met him a couple times in person, he really is a nice guy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

S&M pics of Bush, Hitlery, and the ghost of Eleanor Roosevelt?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sure hope this was a joke...

If not can you post a link?  It might be time to call the WhiteHouse tommrow.

WTF???

If that shit is true, Bush needs to pull his head out of his ass!!  Goddamnit I'm sick of these ass kissing politicians......I'd like to take the whole lot of them and just.........well let your imagination go to work!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#21]
When is someone going to ask Vicente Fox why, if it is bad for the US to restrict illegal immigration on the US southern border, Mexico uses its army on the Mexican/Guatemalan border?

I would love to see him answer that question.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
More politicians should follow his lead

And follow with worthless talk ... I want action! The time for talking was 20 years and TEN MILLION illegal aliens ago and countless Al Quida cells. I can't wait for the other 46 states' politicians to get their collective heads out of their behinds and walk up and smell the invasion.

Colorado's Tom Tancredo is a welcome addition to the ranks.

Sounds like J.D. is backing up his talk with the bills he is introducing, just not getting the votes.  How do we find out what his bills are/were?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As an elected official of a state directly affected by this invasion, he can make these statements. As President, he would have to toe a different line.

I think every state's directly affected.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Me too!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Fox want us to take all the willing workers in his country so they can send cash home...and have the medical care in the USA

Seems like he has the best interests of his Nation at heart...

Maybe we should elect him presidente.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I still think we should shoot them before they make it across the border into the US.  Id like to make  personal rifle range with Mexico as a backstop.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I met the Congressman at an NRCC event a few years ago, he seemed like a hell of a nice guy.

He shoots straight on every issue, not just the border control deal.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Well well well... How long until the PC Police have a talk with him and have him make an apology saying that "It was taken out of context" or "It didnt come out the way I meant it"

Ahhhhnold has fallen victim to that... Says what is on his mind and made to apologize a day later.

I HATE THAT CRAP!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I love our congressman!!!

Just heard J.D. talking about this on a local talk show.

LINK

"Title: Arizona Rep. J.D. Hayworth(R.-AZ) to Fox: 'Shut Up'
Source: humaneventsonline.com
URL Source: http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php? print=yes&id=10894
Published: Dec 15, 2005
Author: Robert Bluey
Post Date: 2005-12-15 19:21:16 by Tombstone Stranger
8 Comments

GOP Congressman to Fox: 'Shut Up'

by Robert B. Bluey Posted Dec 15, 2005

U.S. Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R.-Ariz.) said Thursday that Mexican President Vicente Fox should “shut up” about his opposition to a proposed U.S.-Mexico border fence.

Fox on Wednesday called the idea of a fence “disgraceful and shameful.”

“I’m going to step away from diplomatic rules and offer President Fox some straight talk: President Fox should shut up,” Hayworth told HUMAN EVENTS. “He should shut up about all of this because he is only fanning the flames of poor relations between our two nations. He needs to cease and desist.”

Hayworth continued: “What’s disgraceful is President Fox presuming to lecture the United States on how best to protect itself against an invasion -- an invasion that has his wholehearted advocacy. . . . He needs to stop his advocacy of an invasion of his countrymen into our nation. What’s shameful is that, as the president of the Republic of Mexico, he does nothing to stem this invasion. He actively endorses it.”

Speaking Wednesday in the Tamaulipas state bordering Texas, Fox said: “The disgraceful and shameful construction of walls, the increasing enforcement of security systems and increasing violation of human rights and labor rights will not protect the economy of the United States.”

The House of Representatives, as early as today, will consider an amendment to the fast-moving Republican immigration reform bill. Sponsored by Armed Services Chairman Duncan Hunter (R.-Calif.), the amendment mandates the construction of a fence along the U.S.-Mexico border and requires a study of possible physical barriers along the U.S.-Canada border.

Colin Hanna, president of WeNeedAFence.com, said Fox’s comments could ultimately backfire.

“President Fox’s belligerent statements are not helpful, and are certainly not the remarks of a statesman, never mind an American ally,” Hanna said. “We hear reports that the Mexican military and government officials are actually helping illegal aliens cross the border. If President Fox really wanted to help, he would turn his attention toward ways to stop the official and unofficial fostering of the massive tide of illegal immigration.” "

As I relay this "incident" this to my yet unborn grand child when we talk at some point in the future...

"...and that grandson is how the war between the United States and Mexico began.  They were all driven back to the Panama Canal, and Mexico eventually became the Fifty-first state and the official language of the USA became English.  The US found it was much easier to control illegal immigration when they had to cross the Panama Canal to enter the new US territory after the war!"
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#31]
My sentiments exactly!

"Hey Vincente.......SHUT THE FUCK UP AND KEEP YOURS ON YOUR SIDE!!"
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn a politician that talks straight. I like it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Fox want us to take all the willing workers in his country so they can send cash home...and have the medical care in the USA

Seems like he has the best interests of his Nation at heart...

Maybe we should elect him presidente.

Unfortunately, I fear we already have.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Darn it, no! Vote me for president! I've been telling Fox to STFU for years AND I'd use executive orders to get all our gun rights back! On the fourth of July, I'll try to get legislation for free guns and half-off all ammo. Celebrate your independence with a belt-fed!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#35]
And as they said at the battle of the Alamo "Where in the hell did all these landscapers come from?"
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Never heard of him!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#38]
<tin foil hat on>

I wonder if the whole One World Government(or what ever it was called) that Bush SR wanted is being slowly put into place.  They say Bush SR, Bush JR, and John Kerry all we Skull & Bones Members.  Maybe Fox is a member as well?

<tin foil hat off>
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#39]
The only difference between Mexico and the former German Democratic Republic is that Mexico does not shoot the folks fleeing the corruption/oppression they live under. Not much to be proud of Vincente. I can't wait till we do to Fox what we did to Marcos/Hussein/Noriega/etc.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Somebody should ask El Presidente Fox about how he handles his own southern border with Guatemala...I understand that it is pretty shameful.

Just Google a search on Mexico's southern border.  Talk about living in a glass house...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I met the Congressman at an NRCC event a few years ago, he seemed like a hell of a nice guy.

... He is a nice guy

... He's actually a friend of mine too
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The problem is that no matter what we do to prevent future illegal immigration, the ones that are already here are having children at a much faster pace than the rest of the population.  These kids will be voting in the near future.  Who do you think they'll vote for if we don't choose our words very carefully?

I don't like it any more than you guys, but it's the reality of the situation.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Somebody should ask El Presidente Fox about how he handles his own southern border with Guatemala...I understand that it is pretty shameful.

Just Google a search on Mexico's southern border.  Talk about living in a glass house...

Did the Google, found this...

link

Very intresting to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#44]
You know, slowly but surely, the Illegal Immigration issue is bubbling its way to the top of the issue list.

Let's do OUR part in seeing that this trend continues.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#45]
What a crying shame he didn't add "the fuck" to his statement!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#46]
He'll probably be kicked out of the R party.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

It's called Cantarell.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's called Cantarell.

Yeah, Bush is letting Fox bend him over the table and roger him incessantly, all for a quickly dying field.  KMZ would have been a better answer, and even that's "iffy," at best.

Try again.  It's gotta be something else.

FWIW, I'd be more inclined to believe an earlier poster's Skull & Bones suggestion than this -- if Fox had indeed graduated college (which he didn't, or even *attended* Yale, which he didn't).  I guess that still doesn't rule out his father or other family members, however.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Now there is a Congressman with some balls!
Kudos Mr. Hayworth. Lets bring it to pass now.
Hayworth 08'
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... He is a nice guy

... He's actually a friend of mine too

Former news sportscaster too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top