Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 7:46:09 PM EDT
Needing to replace clothes, is the 5.11 stuff worth the cost or not really in your opinion
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my 5.11 pants.  They are worth every cent.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I was issued a bunch of it with BW in Lousiannna. It is good gear. On par with say Columbia river outfitters, but angled for shooters.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, but there is another line of that style of clothing/gear coming out from Woolrich, I think it is Woolrich Elite

ETA LINK: www.woolrichelite.com/Index.htm
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont want them to be like those one pants I ordered, somehow those pants could be tight in the crotch and fall off your ass at the same time
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Needing to replace clothes, is the 5.11 stuff worth the cost or not really in your opinion

I've only bought the pants.  They really are slick.  Cotton in the summer and nylon in cooler weather.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Pants are nice

Shirts are crap - specific complaint - they don't hold up

Barry
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the pants a lot, my only complaint is that they run a bit snug in  the thighs!  If they "relaxed" the fit some, I would own nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
the polo shirts are pretty nice also
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quess Im mainly looking at pants, a few pair of mine have holes and packets are wearing out
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Taxman,

The cotton are okay, but I prefer the nylon pants. They do not wrinkle as severely as the cotton and do not fade as quickly.

I would go nylon, they are more comfortable also, not as stiff as the heavy cotton.

Matter of fact, I did just that : )

I wear them all the time for work and casual. Good stuff.

Complaints: The velcro on the leg pockets can crap out. Should have used buttons or some such.

And I know you wont like the cost of the pants either, as you always speak of holding a tight budget.

You can get fully functional pants by wearing Propper brand BDU type pants. They wear like iron and last a good long time and dont cost so much. Just get the blended fabric, not all cotton.

Dram out

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the pants, haven't tried the new nylon  or redesigned style though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And I know you wont like the cost of the pants either, as you always speak of holding a tight budget.

You can get fully functional pants by wearing Propper brand BDU type pants. They wear like iron and last a good long time and dont cost so much. Just get the blended fabric, not all cotton.

Dram out

Yea Im pretty cheap.  My Propper ones have worn through, I got them in 2000 and wore every week since.  They got some stains on them that wont go away and are getting holes so Im going to replace.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I dont want them to be like those one pants I ordered, somehow those pants could be tight in the crotch and fall off your ass at the same time

Sounds like they'd be perfect for that "Special" Bar across town....

So how about "mil-spec" BDUs ?
inexpensive- all colors and sizes.

www.bdu.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BDUPANTS
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yes, but there is another line of that style of clothing/gear coming out from Woolrich, I think it is Woolrich Elite

ETA LINK: www.woolrichelite.com/Index.htm

ROFL

"Tactical Trio" is the title of this picture from that website.

EWWWWW AHHHHHH I WANT ME SOME OF THOSE PANTS TO BE TACTICAL TOO!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn't wear that stuff because it screams mall ninja or gun shop commando.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I like lots of pockets to hold stuff.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

- Funny I see them as  pants that give the appearance of casual clothing but permit me to carry my CCW gear in a more comfortable manner.

If you think they are for mall ninjas, great.  Just means I wont have an issue with them being on backorder next time I order a few pairs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I like regular BDU pants. For the work I do, they are really nice, and they wear better than anything else.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Funny I see them as  pants that give the appearance of casual clothing but permit me to carry my CCW gear in a more comfortable manner.

If you think they are for mall ninjas, great.  Just means I wont have an issue with them being on backorder next time I order a few pairs.

+1 I also like them because they can be considered acceptable attire for a business casual work enviroment when pressed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the 3 in 1 jacket - love it.  Would buy another in a heartbeat.  Just mad that I bought it when it first came out cause now the fleece liner also has removable sleeves - that's a great idea.  If I had those I would need any other jackets.  With fleece liner and outer shell it is too hot for even cold weather here.  I was outside last winter in -25 (w/o wind) for 1.5 hours and stayed warm.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I also like them because they can be considered acceptable attire for a business casual work enviroment when pressed.

??

Where do you work?

I would be sent home wearing anything with more then two front pockets and two back pockets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top