Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 5:29:47 PM EDT
They guy that first reported the 1985 GLOCK "Plastic Pistol" story died about 3 weeks ago.  Excuse me if I don't weep.

from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLOCK#Plastic_pistol_myths
Contrary to early reports, GLOCK pistols do set off metal detectors and can indeed be detected by X-ray machines, due to their metal barrels and slides. The claim that they could not was first made in an article published in the Washington Post on January 13, 1985, entitled, "Quaddafi Buying Austrian Plastic Pistol." In this article, vocal gun control advocate Jack Anderson made the allegations, which were then reported without fact-checking by the Associated Press and further reported by many United States television news stations and newspapers. It has since become an urban legend that to this day continues to appear in news reports and movies, and has even been a topic of debate in the United States Congress.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I know gun owning people  that still beleive that shit.  One of them owns a glock!!!,  I guess he has never taken it apart to clean it.  Hmm I wonder what kind of plasic this barrel is made of?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Good riddance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I recall reading his columns all the time growing up.I am surprised that his passing didn't make bigger news when he died.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess H&K usp's, walther p99's, sigpros etc. are also undetectable an metal detectors.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Was he shot with a Glock...on an airplane?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Stupid fool, everyone knows Glocks are made of ceramic and it costs more than you make in a year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
well they do explode when you shoot them
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I guess H&K usp's, walther p99's, sigpros etc. are also undetectable an metal detectors.

Oh, meeh God! Congress should do something about these sneaky weapons of mass destruction immediately!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn it!  That is the only reason I bought a damn Glock!  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
reminds me of what happened when the press/congress discovered BWS's Homeboy Night Sights
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
the proper way to shoot a glock is by holding it sideways and yelling "yee-uh!" after each shot.

better axe someone foo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top