Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 4:33:34 PM EDT
I was at my GF's yesterday and tried this "Monster" energy drink that was there.  

I didn't get the sugar high I was expecting.  Maybe I should have bought some Red Bull then?

It tasted interesting, like apple flavored Mountain Dew, if there ever was such a thing.  

Does anyone hear drink energy drinks?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Zip fizz sometimes or Diet Redbull sometimes
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There's a Diet Red Bull?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I had those...  I like RedBull alot more..  

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a Diet Red Bull?

yup.. light blue can
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a Diet Red Bull?

sugarfree
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Red bull an jagermiester  

AKA  jager bombs
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Red bull an jagermiester  

AKA  jager bombs

That's what jager bombs are then...I see "jager bombs" written on billboards of bars here...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I buy and drink alot of energy drinks.  The best buzz is the monster low carb in the blue can.  That drink really works wonders.  They got this one energy drink thats double size for 99 cents, it has the pledge of allegiance on it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
You have a girlfriend ?

The "high" isn't coming from the sugar,it's the ginseng and caffiene.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You have a girlfriend ?

Yes.  Gone out with her for 6 years.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the rock star.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You have a girlfriend ?

Cool!Do you ask her all those "What if ","Why are" and "What is" questions as much as you ask us here ?

You have been going out with her since you were 12 years old ?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the sobe adrinaline.  Good stuff when you work nights.  Taste the best too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I like the sobe adrinaline.  Good stuff when you work nights.  Taste the best too.

have you drank Von dutch? It tastes really good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You have a girlfriend ?

Cool!Do you ask her all those "What if ","Why are" and "What is" questions as much as you ask us here ?

You have been going out with her since you were 12 years old ?

Yes.
13 actually.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

One cup of drip coffee has more caffeine that one of those...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but can you chug 4 cups of coffee in under 2 minutes.  T-Ray go faaaaaaaast!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah, but can you chug 4 cups of coffee in under 2 minutes.  T-Ray go faaaaaaaast!!!!!!

Holy shit!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I can! I've done it! I drank 3 McD's XL cups (2 cups? each?) in under 5 minutes...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1 for Sobe Adrenaline but I like the sugar free version better. Tastes like raspberry.

I also like the sugarfree RedBull.

I have a Monster in the fridge I'll have to try.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Energy drinks do nothing for me. Same for the energy pills like Stacker2/3.....Sucks sometimes, cause I could use the boost.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#22]
[hijack] Time for my warning about Red Bull and other caffeine drinks.

Each can of Red Bull has the equivalent of 4 pots of coffee.  In excess they can cause serious heart trouble.  My husband is a prime example of someone who drank red bulls and had the joy of spending the summer in the hospital highlighted by open heart surgery.  

All things in moderation. [/hijack]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]
CL-ONE.

Just like Red Bull, but half the price.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I swear by diet Rock Star.  If there's something better, I want to know about it.    
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been drinking this energy drink overseas that tastes similar to Red Bull, has the same stuff in it plus one more ingredient: nicotinamide.  Anybody familiar with this ingredient?  The drink is called Power Gold.  It's made in Singapore for some Japanese company, and it runs about .50 per can instead of the $1.65 for Red Bull.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a Red Bull while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew...Usually within 90 seconds of my eyes opening....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Each can of Red Bull has the equivalent of 4 pots of coffee.  In excess they can cause serious heart trouble.  My husband is a prime example of someone who drank red bulls and had the joy of spending the summer in the hospital highlighted by open heart surgery.  

Actually, Redbull has 80mg. A cup of drip coffee will have 115-175mgs.  So its like having a weak cup of coffee.  What the NHL players do is take a handfull of Sudafed.  The jolt from the pesudoephendrine is like a 100 cups of coffee and will wire you.  A lot of the heart problems that hockey players have makes me wonder if these two things are related.  

Sorry to counteract your hijack Patty.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Energy drinks do nothing for me. Same for the energy pills like Stacker2/3.....Sucks sometimes, cause I could use the boost.

probly just really high levels of caffiene tolerence.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Caffiene is an interesting substance.  It does make you physically and mentally more alert.  The problem is too much and it will counteract any beneficial effects.

Also its a diuretic so it will make you piss like a race horse.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I prefer "Full Throttle" or "Amp"... Red Bull is decent too. I get weird looks at the gym because I mix it with gatorade.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, Redbull has 80mg. A cup of drip coffee will have 115-175mgs.  So its like having a weak cup of coffee.  What the NHL players do is take a handfull of Sudafed.  The jolt from the pesudoephendrine is like a 100 cups of coffee and will wire you.  A lot of the heart problems that hockey players have makes me wonder if these two things are related.  

That's fine.  In the words of Harry S Truman "God Damn an eye witness, always screws up a good story!"  this info was what my husband's heart surgeon told him and I took him for face value.  The number of pots could change dramatically depending on how tired I am.  I think he said it was 4 pots.  Anyway, IT can be very dangerous.  My husband isn't the first to have problems with it and he won't be the last.  All things in moderation is a good recommendation that even a cat doctor can agree.

Patty
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#32]
full throttle and omega for me.

redbull tastes like shit
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Also its a diuretic so it will make you piss like a race horse.

A big +1 for me. I can drink a soda with caffieine on an empty stomach, and I'm pissing every 20-40 minutes. I had to go to the bathroom 3 times at the theater yesterday because I hadn't eaten anything beforehand. I've been making it a habit to cut down on caffieine for the most part.

ETA: I like regular Red Bull when I really do need something to pick me up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Full Throttle for me.  I drink them even when I am not tired..they taste good.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was prescibed Entex once when I had bronchitis. 120mg of Pseudophedrine. I stopped taking it after the first one. I didnt sleep that night.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Monster low carb, you can buy it at Sam's by the case and the stuff is so addictive I do
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Never did nothing for me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#39]
My favorite:
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Red bull an jagermiester  

AKA  jager bombs

There ya go!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top