BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 4:17:14 PM EDT

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw it, I love that show
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet it barely makes the tip of the barrel swell a little bit on one of the tries
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bet it barely makes the tip of the barrel swell a little bit on one of the tries

jackass........
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Mother of god have they not made another episode????? Play a new one !!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
That was a decent one..    The one where the shoot the 50 into the swimming pool was on earlier.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Mud in a 12 ga barrel will mimic the Elmer Fudd type barrel failure--------- I know ----- also makes a funny sound BOOOOMMMPPPPPP!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering they didn't do a CORRECT squib load...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pounding the bullet at the end of the barrel woun't do jack and it didn't. What a surprise.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I missed it.  So NOONE lost a finger??
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pounding the bullet at the end of the barrel woun't do jack and it didn't. What a surprise.

was thinking that the first time i watched
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#12]
If anybody has the pic of the .50 BMG with the barrel split down the fluting, they should email it to them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Mud in a 12 ga barrel will mimic the Elmer Fudd type barrel failure--------- I know ----- also makes a funny sound BOOOOMMMPPPPPP!!!!!

They tried that one too, with less than satisfying results.

I've personally seen a shot gun that banana'ed that way though. It was fired while the muzzle was still in the ground though. Guy was walking through the woods and was going over a downed tree, fell, stuck the barrel in the ground and it went off. Split in three strips a good 8 inches back. Swears his finger was not on the trigger and it was on safe.

Anyone else notice how they kept calling it a rifle? Annoyed me anyway. They also left the choke in, if you're trying to split the barrel it would make sense to take it out. May not be much but it would add some strength, not to mention another layer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anyone else notice how they kept calling it a rifle? Annoyed me anyway. They also left the choke in, if you're trying to split the barrel it would make sense to take it out. May not be much but it would add some strength, not to mention another layer.

Being that the build team is a geeky little Asian guy and a hippie vegetarian chick, both from the Bay area, they did a lot better with this than I had expected initially.

I read a recent interview with Adam and Jamie, and they said that they soon plan on finding out if a bullet fired straight up can kill on the way down.  I'm waiting patiently for that one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#15]
My brother slid in some mud while chasing a covey of quail barrel went about 6 inches into the mud, he ran a stick from the muzzel end down and knocked out a few chunks and called it good a few moments later another covey of quail flushed up and he fired.  After the Boomp sound I looked over to see the barrel swollen and split into for seperate pieces just behind the choke running about 4-5 inches back towards the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#16]

I read a recent interview with Adam and Jamie, and they said that they soon plan on finding out if a bullet fired straight up can kill on the way down. I'm waiting patiently for that one.

Probably include a recap of the penny from a skyscraper thing. I would think that after the velocity from the powder was gone and it began falling again it wouldn't have enough terminal velocity based on mass to kill. Probably ring your bell pretty good if it hit you in the head. Maybe a .50BMG would have enough weight to do some damage.

I was going to email them about firing underwater and the effect on the gun and your hand. A guy here in my unit swears the gun will explode and your hand liquify from shooting underwater. Found the underwater bumpfiring thread though and showed him the pictures. He was half right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Last year, we loaned a .270 Weatherby Mark 5 to some Indians that were hunting with us in Kentucky. On the second day of the hunt on the way into the stands on the 4 wheeler, one of the indians managed to poke the end of the barrel into some red mud about 1-1/2" into the tip of the barrel. About 10:00 o'clock, along came a doe. Indian fired a shot and thought it was the end of the world. It split the barrel 4 ways down the lands and grooves of the rifling. You could stand the rifle up like a lamp post or something. No one was hurt.
Ruined the barrel though. Looked like the classic Elmer Fudd-KABOOM, with lots of smoke.
TS
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being that the build team is a geeky little Asian guy and a hippie vegetarian chick, both from the Bay area, they did a lot better with this than I had expected initially.

I read a recent interview with Adam and Jamie, and they said that they soon plan on finding out if a bullet fired straight up can kill on the way down.  I'm waiting patiently for that one.

They already did that one.  It was tied in with dropping the penny off the building episode I think.  The result was that it wouldn't if the shot angle was mostly straight upward.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Watching that Asian guy shooting the shotgun was hilarious.  Absofuckinglutely hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#20]
They made the comment at the end that they figured they were going to get email on that issue.

Someone must have pictures of a rifle or shotgun "banana peeled".
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They tried that one too, with less than satisfying results.

I've personally seen a shot gun that banana'ed that way though. It was fired while the muzzle was still in the ground though. Guy was walking through the woods and was going over a downed tree, fell, stuck the barrel in the ground and it went off. Split in three strips a good 8 inches back. Swears his finger was not on the trigger and it was on safe.

I was shot in both hands from a fall I took while chuckar hunting in very rocky terrain. My shotgun was still on SAFE when we picked it up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#22]
animaton was the best part
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn that girl is hot.  I'd like to feed her a little of Burley Farm's summer sausage.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top