Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 3:54:02 PM EDT

For those of you that missed it when it was posted here on AR15.com, here it is. This thing really got around the web.

Liberian Gangsta Marksmanship Photo Essay

Practically an urban legend now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
and no mention of the source..

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah - he claims copyright on the text, which is bullshit.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't really mind - I didn't take the pics (obviously) Just added the captions.

He can have the words if he want to keep it alive, lol. I really didn't want credit, was just a passing joke.

But I thought it was funny, this thing keeps popping up everywhere on the web.

The internet is a strange enough place.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Ernies House of Whopass...

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
That is some of the funniest crap I have ever scene
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That is some of the funniest crap I have ever scene

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#7]
hmmm....an American flag proundly displayed in one of the pics
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't really mind - I didn't take the pics (obviously) Just added the captions.

He can have the words if he want to keep it alive, lol. I really didn't want credit, was just a passing joke.

But I thought it was funny, this thing keeps popping up everywhere on the web.

The internet is a strange enough place.

Also shows what a really small world we live in...!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
_DR,

I greatly enjoyed that thread.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
tag for the vid

the ARfcom one that a member did.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

it's not like we credited the photographers....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Access to the requested URL has been denied by SurfControl
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This guy did the same thing to OLD_PAINLESS's box of truth. He only attributed it properly when he was called out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
tag for the vid

the ARfcom one that a member did.

From this thread
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=423360

Quoted:

Give you one guess.

That's the crap WMV version. The .MPG version is better, but is a longer download.

home.comcast.net/~bfd750/monrovianzombies.mpg

Back-up link...

www.angelfire.com/planet/monrovia

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#15]
A few of the guys were like that in Rwanda as well...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

All original material ©1997-2005 EHOWA.COM/ERNIESHOUSEOFWHOOPASS.COM - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Just like Ebaulms. That asshole steals so much from LWS and SA.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I wrote the fucker .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This guy did the same thing to OLD_PAINLESS's box of truth. He only attributed it properly when he was called out.

Consider him called.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wrote the fucker .

No because he added this, pretty much covers everything.

"All other materials are property of their respective owners"

I don't have a problem with it. Nothing I wrote was copyrighted. Should just let him be.

Besides, I don't want to be attributed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Say no more .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

read your history book boy... Liberia was started by the U.S.   They loooooooooove the United States over there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

read your history book boy... Liberia was started by the U.S.   They loooooooooove the United States over there.

Repatriated African slaves.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry for the hijack, but  check this out www.ehowa.com/features/ballistics.shtml
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sorry for the hijack, but  check this out www.ehowa.com/features/ballistics.shtml

He really shouldn't post that without permission.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Someone should definately send a email with a link to that professor who had nasty things to say about the looty pictures.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted: This guy did the same thing to OLD_PAINLESS's box of truth. He only attributed it properly when he was called out.
How do we get in touch with the guy(s) running that website and call him on the Liberia page?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Is that an Ear Piece Mike?

I like the shooting stance and how the AK is tilted Sideways and down (must be shooting at Mosquitos) Note the empty shell flying over his back.

I think the Life Jacket earmarks him as a Liberian Special Boat Service Operator.

Also note the advanced sling technique...definately Hollywood Material.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a response !

Howdy guys!

I'm writing back to both of you because you both wrote in regarding the Liberian Marksmanship that I posted, which I'm guessing did come from ar15.com like you said.  If I know the original source, I *always* I always give the author/photographer credit for their work -- these came into me with about 100 FWD;FWD:FWD's on them, so I don't know who's who.

The same thing happened witht he Level III Body armor, which I later came to find out was the work of the "Boxoftruth.com" -- check it out...
http://www.ehowa.com/features/ballistics.shtml

So my question is... do either of you have a link that I can use to refer people to the original thread on ar15.com, so I can, as you say, give credit to "_DR"? As an unregistered user, I can't perform a search without creating an account. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Ernie

At 09:59 PM 1/1/2006, XXXXXXXmsn.com wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

You fail to give credit to the originator of this material:   _DR on ar15.com originally posted this in the General Discussion Forum on that website a while back.  If you would do some research you could, at the very least, give credit where it is due.

BXX SXXXX

At 09:12 PM 1/1/2006, xxxxxx.net wrote:

Hello You are using Photos that you did not take or put captions to . That was put together last week on AR15.com . I realize you know it's not yours to copyright but a lot of folks at AR15.com know it too .

If you care to know who DID put that together I can get you the name.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#30]
How come every time I see this thread I think, 'libertarian gangster'?

PS: Having gone through the original set of photos before the highlights were culled out, the one guy who was jumping on the bridge with the expended RPG was doing that in celebration of a succesful hit- at a good distance too. From the photos where he kept showing up, he looked pretty capable.

Look at their bodies- muscle, no body fat. These people lead a very hard existance with constant war day in, day out. They might do stupid things like just spraying ammo, but give me twenty of those guys (who aren't totally crazy / antisocial / stupid) and I could make a team of fighters that would be fucking unstoppable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
For those of you that missed it when it was posted here on AR15.com, here it is. This thing really got around the web.

Liberian Gangsta Marksmanship Photo Essay

Practically an urban legend now.

I missed it the first time around, but that guy wearing the cape....That's just too stupid for words.

No, I take it back.

The guy wearing a BRIGHT ORANGE FLOATATION VEST is too stupid for words.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Go easy on Ernie guys.

He's the one who organizes a huge thing every year to get enlisted servicemen home who can't afford to do so.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
_DR,

I greatly enjoyed that thread.

I did too, bro

I remember the day it launched, and the kind of laughing out loud that literally hurts.

A true ARFCOM Classic!

Great job

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Although he's taken artistic license with the Liberian firefighters, he does have some good stuff on his site that I have seen on the web over time.

But this is new............

A "Lootie" Halloween costume

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I got a response !

Howdy guys!

I'm writing back to both of you because you both wrote in regarding the Liberian Marksmanship that I posted, which I'm guessing did come from ar15.com like you said.  If I know the original source, I *always* I always give the author/photographer credit for their work -- these came into me with about 100 FWD;FWD:FWD's on them, so I don't know who's who.

The same thing happened witht he Level III Body armor, which I later came to find out was the work of the "Boxoftruth.com" -- check it out...
http://www.ehowa.com/features/ballistics.shtml

So my question is... do either of you have a link that I can use to refer people to the original thread on ar15.com, so I can, as you say, give credit to "_DR"? As an unregistered user, I can't perform a search without creating an account. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Ernie

At 09:59 PM 1/1/2006, XXXXXXXmsn.com wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

You fail to give credit to the originator of this material:   _DR on ar15.com originally posted this in the General Discussion Forum on that website a while back.  If you would do some research you could, at the very least, give credit where it is due.

BXX SXXXX

At 09:12 PM 1/1/2006, xxxxxx.net wrote:

Hello You are using Photos that you did not take or put captions to . That was put together last week on AR15.com . I realize you know it's not yours to copyright but a lot of folks at AR15.com know it too .

If you care to know who DID put that together I can get you the name.

NO, I Do NOT want credit nor do I desire it associated with my name on someone else's website, thanks.
I don't care if anyone uses the humorous captions, they are now public domain, and the pictures are not mine. I do not desire any credit whatsoever, please convey that.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Go easy on Ernie guys.

He's the one who organizes a huge thing every year to get enlisted servicemen home who can't afford to do so.

He's done that several times.

And he's much better at attributing work than most websites (that I won't name). When he posted some of my stuff that was without my website address, he either pulled it down or replaced it with a proper one quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top