Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:37:50 PM EDT
Well, let's just get this out in the open.  

HH

Dec. 31, 2005 19:33 | Updated Jan. 1, 2006 6:38

'US planning strike against Iran'
By JPOST.COM STAFF          

The United States government reportedly began coordinating with NATO its plans for a possible military attack against Iran.

The German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel collected various reports from the German media indicating that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization are examining the prospects of such a strike.

According to the report, CIA Director Porter Goss, in his last visit to Turkey on December 12, requested Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to provide military bases to the United States in 2006 from where they would be able to launch an assault.

The German news agency DDP also noted that countries neighboring Iran, such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman, and Pakistan were also updated regarding the supposed plan. American sources sent to those countries apparently mentioned an aerial attack as a possibility, but did not provide a time frame for the operation.

Although Der Spiegel could not say that these plans were concrete, they did note that according to a January 2005 New Yorker report American forces had entered Iran in 2005 in order to mark possible targets for an aerial assault.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]

And I'd be surprized...why?

You know it's coming...just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I would certainly hope that they're at least planning one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This isn't a dupe?   It's been on drudge since this morning...

I imagine most world powers have these types of plans...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

Its stupid to think they wouldn't have a plan.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This isn't a dupe?   It's been on drudge since this morning...

I imagine most world powers have these types of plans...

I went back 7 pages looking for it...

HH
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we would just let Isreal do it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Having a plan and getting actually ready for a strike are two different animals. If we are coordinating, it's coming.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm thinking Israel's going to need our help...bigtime.  Russia, China and the entire Mid-East have an interest in Iran.

HH
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm up for it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#11]
well i hope they do it soon
im sick of going to work everyday
once russia, china, and their buddies get involved
all this going to work everyday stuff will come to a quick end
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#12]
We had damn well better.

Right now Europe is being forced to chose between becoming slaves to Gazprom or the Islamic Revolution.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
well i hope they do it soon
im sick of going to work everyday
once russia, china, and their buddies get involved
all this going to work everyday stuff will come to a quick end

I have a feeling you may be right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well, let's just get this out in the open.  

HH

Dec. 31, 2005 19:33 | Updated Jan. 1, 2006 6:38

'US planning to let Israel strike against Iran'
By JPOST.COM STAFF          

The United States government reportedly began coordinating with NATO its plans for a possible military attack against Iran.

The German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel collected various reports from the German media indicating that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization are examining the prospects of such a strike.

According to the report, CIA Director Porter Goss, in his last visit to Turkey on December 12, requested Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to provide military bases to the United States in 2006 from where they would be able to launch an assault.

The German news agency DDP also noted that countries neighboring Iran, such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman, and Pakistan were also updated regarding the supposed plan. American sources sent to those countries apparently mentioned an aerial attack as a possibility, but did not provide a time frame for the operation.

Although Der Spiegel could not say that these plans were concrete, they did note that according to a January 2005 New Yorker report American Israeli Defense forces had entered Iran in 2005 in order to mark possible targets for an aerial assault.

fixed it
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking Israel's going to need our help...bigtime.  Russia, China and the entire Mid-East have an interest in Iran.

HH

Everyone had interest in Iraq too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Dumb. Idea.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
And I'd be surprized...why?

You know it's coming...just a matter of time.

I certainly hope you're right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not sure that there is going to be anything left of Iran once Israel gets done with them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#19]
And what exactly is Israal going to do to Iran?

Drop a piddly few bombs?

We have been over this before.  The Iranians have learned from 1979.  They now have SIXTEEN nuclear facilities, some as far inland as the shores of the Caspian Sea.

The only thing that will solve the problem is a invasion and a removial of the goverment.

The Iranian people will be supportive of this.  But they will not do the job for us after seeing what happened in Iraq in 1991.

The Iraqi people hate the mullahs but will not comit suicide, they will not do anything without a large US Army planted firmly in the country.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran

All at the same time?

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Drop a piddly few bombs?

Maybe drop a non-piddly few nukes?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The US DOD has a plan to invade every country in the world.
Including itself.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drop a piddly few bombs?

Can some people stop wanking about fantasies of Israel going around nuking Iran?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drop a piddly few bombs?

Can some people stop wanking about fantasies of Israel going around nuking Iran?

You can't be naive enough to believe that Israel wouldn't use nukes on Iran if they thought there was a real possibility of Iran nuking them or giving nukes to a group that would use them on Israel.  Can you?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drop a piddly few bombs?

Well we can let Japan nuke Iran.
That'd be cool!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran

All at the same time?

I doubt it.

We needed Iraq and Afganistan in order to invade Iran successfully.

If you invade from the sea only, either the Persian Gulf or the Indian Ocean, they would just retreat into the mountains while your supply lines got longer.

Now we could attack them from THREE sides at once- no place to retreat to.

And our troops are increasingly NOT needed in Iraq and Afganistan.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drop a piddly few bombs?

Well we can let Japan nuke Iran.
That'd be cool!

That it would, that it would.

Let me give you guys the standard breakdown:

The iranian president does NOT have "the button". He is in no control of the military, and those in the control of the military keep telling him to STFU.

It will never be a joint US-Israeli operation. The collective radical muslim world would shit a brick.

Israel isn't going to nuke a country over a figurehead basically blowing hard.

The citizens of Iran are going to kick Mullah ass. Invading will result in what has been building up being directed on us and the chances of a genuine democracy arising without having to be pushed through it being tossed directly out the window.

I will eat my own face on live webcam if we invade them by land, ever, except to support a revolution that has been successful.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#28]

The citizens of Iran are going to kick Mullah ass. Invading will result in what has been building up being directed on us and the chances of a genuine democracy arising without having to be pushed through it being tossed directly out the window.

I will eat my own face on live webcam if we invade them by land, ever, except to support a revolution that has been successful.

Start buying ketchup.

There will be no revolution in Iran with out a US Invasion FIRST and the majority of Iranians will not fight the US any more than the majority of Iraqis did.

Anyone who beleves otherwise is a stooge for the mainstream media.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Start buying ketchup.

There will be no revolution in Iran with out a US Invasion FIRST and the majority of Iranians will not fight the US any more than the majority of Iraqis did.

I'd like to see all the people who wank about starting another land war in asia be the first to sign up and volunteer for that location. Then I'll accept their statements and wishes as something more than keyboard commandoing.

And, you probably still believe the Iranian president has the authority to send out nukes, and whatnot. Never mind anything I said.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Start buying ketchup.

I'd like to see all the people who wank about starting another land war in asia be the first to sign up and volunteer for that location. Then I'll accept their statements and wishes as something more than keyboard commandoing.

And, you probably still believe the Iranian president has the authority to send out nukes, and whatnot. Never mind anything I said.

Who cares what the Iranian president says.  If you really think that the Supreme Revolutionary council doesnt want to nuke a American City, even if they dont talk about it, then you are really foolish.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#31]
THEERE WOULD be a Draft for sure. mannnnnnnnnnn i know it might seem far fetched but WW3 proper is comming soon which sucks but hey Im a born again Christian so dying is just like going on a really long awesome vacation but yea it will be bad but wot the heck hopefully it will happen after i lose my virginity
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'd like to see...individuals...who use the term "wanking" for anyone who disagrees with them and who call people keyboard commandos if they support military action without currently being active military beat their computers into their component pieces so they could stop polluting the internet with their arrogant ignorance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to see...individuals...who use the term "wanking" for anyone who disagrees with them and who call people keyboard commandos if they support military action without currently being active military beat their computers into their component pieces so they could stop polluting the internet with their arrogant ignorance.

Don't get bent out of shape, man, we're all friendly here. Just because I rejected the MSM and educated myself on how things are in Iran doesn't mean other people can't.

I'll be happy to see us roll into Iran to support a revolution there. It's coming. But being the first strike? It will not happen. If anything, we'll start hitting targets from the air.

And we or Israel will not use a single nuclear weapon. Period. :P
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get bent out of shape, man, we're all friendly here.

You think so?  I don't agree.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get bent out of shape, man, we're all friendly here.

You think so?  I don't agree.

Ok, so you have a problem with anyone who isn't a gung ho rah rah let's invade this country next chanter. That is absolutely cool because there is nothing wrong with that. It just isn't my style. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to what things are worth American blood and what is actually a threat and not hyped up gunboard stuff.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
THEERE WOULD be a Draft for sure. mannnnnnnnnnn i know it might seem far fetched but WW3 proper is comming soon which sucks but hey Im a born again Christian so dying is just like going on a really long awesome vacation but yea it will be bad but wot the heck hopefully it will happen after i lose my virginity

well you could always join up and try to get some hot iranian tail before it happens....

i really hope we do another "regime change" in iran, those bastards have had it coming for quite some time.   i hope i can be a part of it as well.

we have them completely surrounded.  iran and afghanistan on the east and west land borders, we have bases in saudi and turkey, ships all on the iranian gulf coast. we also have handfulls of bases in all the little breakaway 'stans to the north.  

i say we do it now before the situation changes.  war is inevitable, might as well do it when we have a serious land advantage.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Ok, so you have a problem with anyone who isn't a gung ho rah rah let's invade this country next chanter. That is absolutely cool because there is nothing wrong with that. It just isn't my style. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to what things are worth American blood and what is actually a threat and not hyped up gunboard stuff.

I have no problem with anyone who doesn't want to invade Iran, what I have a problem with is someone who assumes that anyone who DOES think that Iran is a huge threat that needs to be neutralized is a "wanker" and a chickenhawk.  That doesn't meet my definition of us all being "friendly."  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no problem with anyone who doesn't want to invade Iran, what I have a problem with is someone who assumes that anyone who DOES think that Iran is a huge threat that needs to be neutralized is a "wanker" and a chickenhawk.  That doesn't meet my definition of us all being "friendly."  

Becuase the only way to deal with a threat is a massive land invasion instead of doing something that requires finesse, like, say, sending in special forces to work on the overthrow and hanging in the streets of the mullahs. Who's to say they aren't there already training the future resistance?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Becuase the only way to deal with a threat is a massive land invasion instead of doing something that requires finesse, like, say, sending in special forces to work on the overthrow and hanging in the streets of the mullahs. Who's to say they aren't there already training the future resistance?

I don't believe there are really any assets in Iran that can be used in that manner.  IMHO, the much-ballyhooed pro-US faction in Iran is an overblown hoax that the Iranian government has been using to keep the West engaged.  The only instance I recall of your scheme working is Afghanistan and THAT was only because the opposition was well armed, organized (to some extent, at least as organized as ANYTHING ever is in that part of the world) and had considerable combat experience.  In the end, to ensure that you replace the government you help topple with one worth having, you have to have a presence on the ground.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I don't believe there are really any assets in Iran that can be used in that manner.  IMHO, the much-ballyhooed pro-US faction in Iran is an overblown hoax that the Iranian government has been using to keep the West engaged.  The only instance I recall of your scheme working is Afghanistan and

Sorry, I stop discussions when people unveil tinfoil hat tendencies or a willful ignorance of the history of a region.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#41]
rememeber, the iraqi people would rise up and take arms by our side against saddam.....

screw the locals.   dont even factor them into the equation.  for how fast an overthrow would be, a couple armored divisions will work way better than a partisan resistance.

as long as the locals dont overwhelmingly oppose us, were ok.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#42]
The Islamic world does not run the same as either Europe or Asia.

Conditions that would lead to revolutions in Europe or Asia are ignored in the Islamic world.

There is no history of revolutions against native goverments in the Islamic world.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I am sure the US and NATO have plans on file for just about any military situation even the most starry-eyed nut could dream up.  I would certainly HOPE they have several dozen solid plans and op orders typed up for action against Iran of all places.

I also think the US would go out of its way to STOP Israel from getting involved militarily in any conflict with an Arab country.  They did it in both gulf wars, to the extent that Israel never even retailiated for Scud attacks in 91...

I don't think anyone would use nukes unless there was a credible threat that the other side was planning to use them.  At least the US and Israel wouldn't.  You can bet your butt that any president who ordered nukes would be impeached immediately unless he had concrete evidence he could take on TV and prove his case to the American people the minute the smoke cleared.

I'm also wondering/hoping we do something about North Korea.  Both of these goddamned countries are owed a LOT of payback for a LOT of shit.  Of course I also detest that we trade with China and Vietnam, no matter how profitable it is for Wal-Mart...

EDIT:  And I would GLADLY volunteer to go fight over there if I could get into the service.  Not much call for diabetic 37 year olds with heart problems though...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Not gonna happen unless something concrete is discovered - like a letter shows up at CNN stating Iran's direct intentions to nuke Israel and the US simultaneously.

There is no way our sissypants fairycake media would go for it otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Not gonna happen unless something concrete is discovered - like a letter shows up at CNN stating Iran's direct intentions to nuke Israel and the US simultaneously.

There is no way our sissypants fairycake media would go for it otherwise.

They are a problem, and they wont like it.  But it can be done.  And if it does happen, it will be the end of the news medias power.

That would be worth the cost of the invasion itself.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I highly doubt we're going to invade a third country now.

Drop a few bombs? Maybe....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Why?  

There really is no reason not to.  And every reason to do so

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#48]
take a look at a map of iran. its 3 times the size of iraq. very mountainous in parts. and lots more people. unless we use nukes we will required at least 500,000 troups. troups or nukes gonna make the ruskies and the chinese real upset. thats a major buildup in their part of the world, way past iraq+afghanistan. then you gotta have a draft to get that many soldiers. don't think the american public will stand for that either. if we do a land invasion, dont expect the local populace to be happy. they may hate the mullahs but they hate us too and whiping their face in the their cultural and military short-commings isn't gonna sit well with these folks ala iraq. i know these guys are persians and the iraqis are arabs but the share some common bad traits like the inability to admit they're defeated even if your gun is in their mouth.

israel might do something but it will be a real big risk. they will have to use some very sophisitcated nukes (tactical) to have any hope of taking all the sites out. then you're left with some very upset iranians who just might be able to scrape up a few pounds of plutonium which you might find sprinked over tel-aviv, new york, washington and vegas to provide fun times and lifelong careers for hordes of hazmat crews not to mention widespread panic over much of the western world for the remainder of the century....

the momentum and 'capital' has been spent in iraq. best let the iranians know they start something they're gonna have to speak to a few dozen mirvs if they get outa hand and hope that holds them off until their mullahs go off to paradise.

the story posted on various news agencies is just to keep the pot stirred and put pressure on hoping the locals will handle the situation somehow...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  

There really is no reason not to.  And every reason to do so

We don't have the logistics or the capability to occupy Afghanistan and Iraq...and invade Iran.

It just isn't going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe there are really any assets in Iran that can be used in that manner.  IMHO, the much-ballyhooed pro-US faction in Iran is an overblown hoax that the Iranian government has been using to keep the West engaged.  The only instance I recall of your scheme working is Afghanistan and

Sorry, I stop discussions when people unveil tinfoil hat tendencies or a willful ignorance of the history of a region.

Then you should stop making your own posts, because each one of them shows just that willful ignorance.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top