Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 1:02:19 PM EDT
pilot is lit, main burner pan is lit, only getting lukewarm water.  

anyone?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
are you bonded and licensed?

no?

hire someone who is
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Check and see what you have the temperature set at
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
might also be a leak some where in the hot line so the water never gets to sit long enough to heat up
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
10,000 comedians out of work, and you wanna be one.

Temperature gauge, pardon if I sound bitter, but come on, Scotty says "SHes giving us all shes got, Captain!"
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the main burner shutting off before the water is fully heated?  If so, turn up the thermostat or perhaps the thermostat is bad.

Are you waiting long enough for the water to fully heat?

Water heaters aren't rocket science.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
i think its the thermostat.  everything else seems t be firing on 8 cylinders.  there is no visible increase or decrease in the size of the burner flame when the thermostat is turned.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i think its the thermostat.  everything else seems t be firing on 8 cylinders.  there is no visible increase or decrease in the size of the burner flame when the thermostat is turned.  

There isn't supposed to be. T/ stat only cycles flame on and off.

Roy
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#8]
How old is the water heater? There may be a thick layer of deposits on the bottom of the tank that is acting like an insulating blanket, or the dip tube has corroded off (This tube must go down to the bottom to pick up the heated water-not the just-added cold water at the top of the tank)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#9]
arrr.... I have that wrong. The dip tube introduces cold water to the BOTTOM of the water heater,so it doesn't mix with the already heated water at the TOP of the tank. A lot of them are plastic, and they get brittle and break off in the heater. A very good chance this is your problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top