Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 12:35:18 PM EDT
Okay, im late, but whats up with the Pink Ribbons I see on the Avatars? breast Cancer?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, one of the members here.
ETA: I think we were supposed to remove them around Christmas, though.
I've just been too lazy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, sorry to hear about that! Cancer sucks, BUT can be beaten!! prayers go out!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
In the case of avatars, a bunch of fair-weather socialite wannabes trying to show support like they show support for gun rights...with a merely symbolic gesture.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In the case of avatars, a bunch of fair-weather socialite wannabes trying to show support like they show support for gun rights...with a merely symbolic gesture.

Why don't you ask Patty if it made her feel better every time she saw one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why don't you ask Patty if it made her feel better every time she saw one.

No need.  

Quoted:
Having a bad day, PE?

Actually, it's a nice day, went for a walk, went shopping, now home to see the fun on arfcom.  Then out to a movie and dinner.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're a woman, people on a predominantly male board will do anything for your approval.

Where are the ribbons for that guy who posted who got a testical cancer diagnosis?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Where are the ribbons for that guy who posted who got a testical cancer diagnosis?

A) There's no ribbons for ball cancer.

B) Patty is a pretty nice lady, this was minimal work to perk her up a bit.

C) This is not her first brush with cancer, IIRC?

D) Men are expected to suck it up & be tough, no?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you're a woman, people on a predominantly male board will do anything for your approval.

If you'd been around longer you'd understand.

It has been well explained.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, cool. I'm resolved to my fate of being a second-class citizen until I've been here for 2 years, have 1000+ posts, and a pink ribbon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ok, cool. I'm resolved to my fate of being a second-class citizen until I've been here for 2 years, have 1000+ posts, and a pink ribbon.

You're getting warm.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread needs to go to the pit...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close but not quite there. Sadly some will never figure it out. Time and post count have almost nothing to do with it.

On an unrelated note,
If I get ball cancer I'm getting them cut out, and then I will give them to my ex.
Until then I keep them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No shit.

I get somewhat tired with a lot of the crap here.

A group of people will try and send moral support to someone and there's always some pimplebrained twisted little son of a concubined half witted nasty little fuck that should have been a blowjob followed by a swallow that'll ruin something good for everybody else.

Granted, pink ribbons are a symbolic gesture, but helping the afflicted keep their spirits up is a part of recovery from a lot of disease.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Coming from a board member with 8500 posts who won't cough up twenty bucks to support the site.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Whether you approve, or disaprrove  of the pink ribbons, you know that is the primary motivator.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
BillC, your avatar is creepy.

photos.ar15.com/Galleries/Avatars/25180.jpg

ETA:  Reeeeally creepy.  

I think you should take that as a compliment.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

A group of people will try and send moral support to someone and there's always some pimplebrained twisted little son of a concubined half witted nasty little fuck that should have been a blowjob followed by a swallow that'll ruin something good for everybody else.

Granted, pink ribbons are a symbolic gesture, but helping the afflicted keep their spirits up is a part of recovery from a lot of disease.

I was trying to make a joke about the thread that ran in the pit on this very subject, and led to the pit being closed...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

C) This is not her first brush with cancer, IIRC?

Yes Bob you're correct.  In her post in team she said her cancer is "back."
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#22]
You mean it's NOT a bunch of members coming out of the closet?

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

I was trying to make a joke about the thread that ran in the pit on this very subject, and led to the pit being closed...

Hey! That was my thread.  It didn't directly lead to the pit being closed...but that's another story for another day my friends.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BillC, your avatar is creepy.

photos.ar15.com/Galleries/Avatars/25180.jpg

ETA:  Reeeeally creepy.  

I think you should take that as a compliment.

Take it however you want.  It's creepy.  

If you think a Bear walking is creepy, you ought to see the one im trying to upload , for some reason I cant seem to upload a new avatar, double checked the size and the title, but no luck uploading new avatar.  But I will try again, but until then the creepy Bear stays!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You'll never last that long.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

you know what they say... "Let no good deed go unpunished"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top