BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/1/2006 10:09:23 AM EDT

Link is not safe for work.  

Video link.

This guy is about as fast as anyone I've ever seen.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#1]
pretty fast, looks like a form of Kenpo
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty fast, but if he had to put some force into it that would really slow him down!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty fast, but lets see him fight my .45
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Fast hands

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Speed is power but so is size, ever fight a guy weighing 300 pounds that rushes you and puts you on the ground like a pro-football linebacker ?

I have, i am only 200lbs, but when the guy landed on me, it felt more like 3000 pounds than it did 350, fancy fighting doesnt always work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
in a street fight, this guy would

1.  be shot
2.  be sprayed (OC, CN)
3.  be stabbed
4.  throw one punch before being taken to the ground and pummeled/submitted/broke/choked out
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think it's Wing Chun style.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#8]
his outfit does look like a kung fu style

the technique reminds me of 5 swords/7 swords
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#9]
That'a a very neat very coriograghed sequence of hand gestures. Slightly entertaining to watch.   Other than that uterly useless and not very impressive.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Everybody Wing Chun tonight! Yeah, we're gonna have fun tonight!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I bet that guy can wack off in about 3 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#15]

"Boards don't hit back."
~ Bruce Lee.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Chuck Liddel would knock his ass out.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Impressive, but if he can't put power behind them, they aren't going to do much damage.  Although I don't think you'd need much if you punched the guy in the throat.  But who holds their chin up like that in a close fight?  It's instinctive to keep your chin low.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
"Boards don't hit back."
~ Bruce Lee.

+1, and what would CHUCK do?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, real cute.  What is that, patty cake?

I would take him out with about a 3/8 power shot.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like the No Gun style, to me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like the No Gun style, to me.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Chuck Norris would roundhouse his ass.

+10  BTW...the video has been manipulated, it's fake.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]
You tell that boy to make you a salad and he'd only be gone 3 seconds!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#26]
that is wing chun kung fu. and no, the video isnt fake or speeded up. they are practicing sticky hands.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#27]
It reminds me of the scene from Raiders of the Lost Arc where Indiana confronts the sword twirling muslim guy.
He lets him go through his whole routine then BANG.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everybody Wing Chun tonight! Yeah, we're gonna have fun tonight!

HA HA, Dance Hall Days...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I bet that guy can wack off in about 3 seconds.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Pretty fast, but if he had to put some force into it that would really slow you down!

Fixed it for you! I'd say a couple of those chops to the side of the neck would put you down. That guy is impressive. The big BIG difference  with him and street fighting is that he is very controlled and I have no doubt he would do very well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on Wing Chun. He is making the striking moves and blocks that are practiced on a Wing Chun dummy stand.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#32]
That is Wing Chun.
They are practicing chi sao with punches.
Chi sao develops coordination and sensitivity for what your
opponent will do so you can intercept his strikes and
counter them.
The weakness with Wing Chun is that is mostly linear.
It doesn't hold up too well against a kick boxer.
Still, Bruce Lee used Wing Chun as a platform to develop from
for Jeet Kune Do.
JKD is more simple, straightforward, and flexible.
JKD does not endlessly trade blows.
It is one or two strikes and the fight is over.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Bet Squatdog could take him!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#34]
JKD is a conglomerate of multiple styles and disciplines, perhaps the origin of the MMA concept. Still, as said it is vulnerable to skilled boxers and wrestlers, as they engage at fighting distances for which the style is unaccustomed to.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Who was fighting who ?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
JKD is a conglomerate of multiple styles and disciplines, perhaps the origin of the MMA concept. Still, as said it is vulnerable to skilled boxers and wrestlers, as they engage at fighting distances for which the style is unaccustomed to.

The modern JKD student trains in at least Wing Chun, Muay Thai kickboxing, Indonesian silat, Philipino empty hand and weapon martial arts, Graeco-Roman wrestling, and even Gracie Ju Jitsu wrestling, among others.
So how is JKD unaccustomed to skilled boxers and wrestlers?
Since my brother happens to be an associate JKD instructor under
Sifu Dwight Woods (South Florida), he'd like to know as well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The modern JKD student trains in at least Wing Chun, Muay Thai kickboxing, Indonesian silat, Philipino empty hand and weapon martial arts, Graeco-Roman wrestling, and even Gracie Ju Jitsu wrestling, among others.

sounds like MMA not JKD unless you are considering JKD the way of no way
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds like MMA not JKD unless you are considering JKD the way of no way

JKD IS the way of no way.
MMA is just that, MMA.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#39]
problem with that style is that only 2.5 people in the world are fast enough to train an actually use it...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
All those cool techniques go right out the window once you make actual contact in a real fight.

+1

I'll stick to western boxing, BJJ and wrestling.

Seriously, western boxing is the best hand striking art there is bar none.  Some guy with 3 months of boxing would probably wipe the floor with that guy.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#41]
I can only say that he is damn fast.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
All those cool techniques go right out the window once you make actual contact in a real fight.

Yep, many over confident black belts have taken an ass whoopin for a good ole boy because they were used to sparring with other people that would stick to the style and had NO CLUE what to do when they were rushed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

- I think it depends on the lineage of your instructor as to what you actually train in. Look to people like Matt Thorton and Burton Richardson and you'll see a total lack of Wing Chun, Silat, and to a degree Filipino influence.  The people who are heavily into the Filipino influenced JKD, are people that can trace their instructor's training back to Dan Inosanto.

Also, its Brazilian JiuJitsu, not Gracie JiuJitsu
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, many over confident black belts have taken an ass whoopin for a good ole boy because they were used to sparring with other people that would stick to the style and had NO CLUE what to do when they were rushed.

Of course there are a lot of "black belts" out there who earned the belt not so much by learning all the techniques it is supposed to cover, but by putting in time and money.  There are no objective standards for what a black belt should be, etc.  Each style makes it's own standards and upholds them or not.

The next critical point is that first degree black belt only means that you are a serious student who is well grounded in the basic techniques of the art.  Most systems won't let a student in on the Oku level stuff until they have at least a second degree or higher and there is plenty of stuff they won't touch until they are fifth dan or better.   Like it or not, you aren't a "master" until godan in a traditional Japanese Art.

I've seen Bruce Juchnik, Hanshi move not quite as fast as in that movie and strike his Uke with pulled blows hard enough that uke was getting knocked around quite a bit.  And his locks and manipulations are so subtle you can't really see what he's doing...but damned sure you can feel it...it's like getting rolled by a very large wave...there ain't a damned thing you can do about it.   Of course Juchnik Hanshi has been actively studying martial arts since the 1960's and is just plain scary.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Impressive, but if he can't put power behind them, they aren't going to do much damage.  Although I don't think you'd need much if you punched the guy in the throat.  But who holds their chin up like that in a close fight?  It's instinctive to keep your chin low.

well, I was in a fight at a bar 10 or so years ago. guy just wouldn't leave me alone. poked me in the chest (finally laid hands on me) I hit him square in the eye/cheekbone. picked up my beer and walked away, someone said "that guy"

we were barred for 30 days or some such.
outside he decided we would finish this "later"  WRONG.
I simply dropped my left to my waiteline, he in turn dropped both hands in my lefts direction and tilted his head up, good night. last I saw him he was asleep behind a pick up truck.

if it was instinct, this guy sure didn't have it. he looked like this for a week and a half

quite litterally the last fight I was in now that I think about it.

I ain't no street fighter by any stretch, but the chin lift made me think about it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

true it is. my black belt cousin took a serious beating for that exact mistake. we good ole boys is mean
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#47]
His hand speed is impressive. The problem is that even if a person has their chin that far up they aren't going to keep it up for him like that.  He's also got to get in too close for that attack with nothing protecting himself. He does bring his shoulders up some for protection, but that's not much. Granted there are dummies out there that will let you stand on their foot and bash their head while trying to free their foot, but not a lot. With a little power behind it that'd be a real buzzkill for the average barroom drunk.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#48]
You guys talk a lot of shit for seeing a guy practiceing for all of 1 minute.

Of course this could go the other way and he could cry like a baby when punched in the nose
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You guys talk a lot of shit for seeing a guy practiceing for all of 1 minute.

Of course this could go the other way and he could cry like a baby when punched in the nose

"Quick peter curl up into an ass ball or something"... morty from the family guy
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#50]
tag
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top