Anyone know whereto purchase bulk .22 birdshot cheap
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
google is your friend...  a link from the first listing that popped up:

www.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?pid=1011050&ret_id=373508

i would stick to the CCI.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
What is that stiff good for anyway? I shot it at a pigeon, and all it did was piss it off.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#3]
And I can only use it in my bolt action.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I use it to kill grasshoppers when I'm bored.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I use it to kill grasshoppers when I'm bored.

And that is about all it is useful for.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is that stiff good for anyway? I shot it at a pigeon, and all it did was piss it off.

Best mouse killer of all time.....

SRM
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Use it for shooting small clay birds on a slow thrower (Pistols)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The .22 rimfire shotshells don't work right in guns that are rifled.
You need a smoothbore to see how well they really work. I don't know who sells one now, Marlin I think was the last major US company that did, they used to sell a "garden gun" that was a smoothbore 22LR rifle intended just for shotshells.

In the old days you'd just have a gunsmith ream out the rifling of a cheap revolver, but that ain't legal no more I thinks.  
~
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

ah .. no.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

ah .. no.
www.manbir-online.com/grafics2/cobra.1.jpg

FUK NO that sum bitch is getting a 12ga not a .22lr birdshot round..
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

at what range? i don't think it even dented the pigeon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
10-25 feet
SRM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

Even better;

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]

CCI Stinger

i used some rat shot that was brass all the way and crimped at the end that stuff was neat.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The .22 rimfire shotshells don't work right in guns that are rifled.
You need a smoothbore to see how well they really work. I don't know who sells one now, Marlin I think was the last major US company that did, they used to sell a "garden gun" that was a smoothbore 22LR rifle intended just for shotshells.

In the old days you'd just have a gunsmith ream out the rifling of a cheap revolver, but that ain't legal no more I thinks.  
~

Daisy made a .22 LR smoothbore rifle, a .22 LR, and a rifle chambered in .22 Short about ten years ago. They were all pretty cheaply made with plastic stocks and potmetal barrels with a steel liner.

edit: I forgot to add that they also developed a .50 BMG single shot for the military.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

i used some rat shot that was brass all the way and crimped at the end that stuff was neat.

they jam in every gun i've used them in.  when the crimping opens up, it holds the shell inside the chamber, and a rod is needed to get it out.  the CCI rounds are way better.

on a side note, i got much better results removing the "bullet" from the CCI birdshot round and firing it out of a .22 benjamin sheridan air rifle.  the CCI rounds aren't loaded very hot, and have almost no power.  the pattern out of the sheridan was tighter and the shot did a much better job of pentrating.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:04:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

Even better;

that is a classic! one would expect a pink stain if you blasted a mouse with that
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#18]
104 Pigeons over three nights in our barn
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#19]

bad pic but hey...

CCI out of a High Standard Double Nine .22lr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top