Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 7:01:32 AM EDT
Worst New Years ever last night. On the drive down from Buffalo to my friend's party I hit some ice and went for a ride through a ditch, across the side of a hill through brush, then back into the ditch. Champagne bottle broke so now the car stinks inside. No apparent damage other than the bumper hanging slightly down on one side. Get to the party. Kind of boring, then my one friend's GF and her friend decide they want to go to this shitty bar down the street so they can dance. So my friend gets dragged off with them.
I go to leave at a little after 1am. Car won't start, battery must be too low. I had had to get a jump from the tow truck after he got me out of the ditch but figured the driving I did after that should have been enough to recharge it since it wasn't too dead for the lights to work when I got pulled out.
At this point everyone left at the party is people I don't know except for my one friend who's house we're at, and they all decide to go to a bar that's open until 4am.
I wasn't able to get a jump start until about 4:15am
So now I'm at my parents' house and they are in SC and turned the heat down to 50 and turned off the water. I'm going to give my brother a little more time to sleep then call him to have him give me another jump so I can get the car into the garage (I couldn't park in it last night due to not having a way to get it open without going inside the house first, which reguired my keys and I was too tired to mess around with taking the house key off the keychain so i could leave the car running) and hopefully get a battery charger on it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#1]
i was breaking down a pallet of canned food at 12:00am...  my new years rocked!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I was at work kissing a drunk customer chick.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at home didnt really do anything, kinda sucked but thats typical
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was at home didnt really do anything, kinda sucked but thats typical

+1.

Watched Battlestar Galactica with the commentary on, then the second half with it off.

Woo-hoo!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I was holding back my girlfriend's hair as she puked out the bad food she ate.

Beat that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Was kissing the little mrs. and getting moist smooches from my yellow lab sonny.

It seemed like sonny boy was enjoying giving ''daddy'' sugar much more than ''mama'' did.

I guess whiskey breath is ok with some and awsome to others.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got off a 28 hours shift.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I've noticed that usually New Years' parties suck.  More often than not it's a bunch of people who don't party much but feel that they have to be at a party, doing something, ANYTHING other than being at home. There's a real forced, artificial feel to NY parties.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If anybody ever tells you that Freemasons know how to party, you will know, right then and there, that person is a goddamn liar.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I was hanging out with cute girls watching Dick Clark's shriveled mug, mine was great
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Well sharky, there is a good chance the new year will get better for you from here on.

I would hope so.

Oh, yeah, I spent the evening with several people I have known for 40 years. Not very exciting but very comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, not to make anyone jealous but I was at a party and got to see a 19 year old hottie in a bikini kissing my wife in a hot tub....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Gotta love rookie night!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#14]
mine was OK but i wasn't really looking to party, 365 days of the year that I can party, no need to fight the crowds and the million of cops, plus I had to work last night...

Well I made money and didn't get in any fights so thats always good!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Got lost on the way to a buddies party b/c nissan navigation sucks.  Plus, the 12 mpg I was getting didn't help matter b/c i was low on gas.  Made it with 22 minutes to spare...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#16]
My car was stolen. At least the car thieves had the decency to leave my daughter's car seat. That trumps everything listed here so far.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#17]
If you didnt have batt problems before the ditch the trip throught it could have shorted the battery plates.

Id look at it this way the night could have been alot worse. You could have flipped the car in the ditch got busted for DUI just because the Champane was all over the car and spent the next 24 hours trying to get a blood test because the system was so backed up you had to wait. So Id say the night wasnt half bad the way it turned out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#18]
yeah, it definitely could have been worse

I'm back in buffalo now. Started up this morning without needing a jump. Looked it over, appears to just have some very minor cosmetic damage to the bumper, mainly that it popped off its holder thing.
I got under it and nothing looked damaged but I still plan on calling the dealer tomorrow to set up an appointment to have them go over everything and fix the bumper and tire
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top