Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 1:41:03 AM EDT
Damn, people. It came to this. I never thought it would. Read on, but only if you hate information that sucks.

Click this.

With 2006, I'm prepared to start letting people see what I've been working on. Right now, it's just at the cosmetic details and plugging in the billing system + support desk, and a few pages are incomplete. (still going to have a pro go over it and bind the look of my heavily modified template with the main muzzleflash.biz theme, and 100% of the individual page design was my own work)

What I would like input on is the ammunition related images that stand for the related size. I was going through stock photos of piles of linked ammo for the end, but none of mine fit. I love the first one in ammo loops, that's a definite keeper. The rest, up in the air, and I'd like something a leetle better than the beta mag.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
All looks good...

Those the set prices? If so, seems kinda high for hosting sites now-a-days. Dont mean anything by it, just saying.

I like the look of it all though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. I have a few comments on that... the one you'll like most is those are both site AND local (my town) prices where I can charge more than a business they could never meet face to face would. I decided not to maintain a seperate list of prices to give to local and internet people, and since the RKBA community is fairly well defined within a network of forums and websites, I can give substantial discounts to them with a click of a button and type of a forum post (and a coupon entered into modernbill).  ;)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah. I have a few comments on that... the one you'll like most is those are both site AND local (my town) prices where I can charge more than a business they could never meet face to face would. I decided not to maintain a seperate list of prices to give to local and internet people, and since the RKBA community is fairly well defined within a network of forums and websites, I can give substantial discounts to them with a click of a button and type of a forum post (and a coupon entered into modernbill).  ;)

If you can bet my current hosting place, we can talk when you go full online.

Im with powweb now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not going to try to 'sell' anyone for a while yet, much less beat people's hosting based soley on price for now. One thing that I am going to use to great effect will be both the political leanings and donations (if any) of almost every single major webhost. It will be impressive.

You might notice that I'm a bunch of things. Graphic designer ISN'T one of them, and that's why the header is only trivially changed (I GPL released my own modifications as a site template in their own right) to match a radically rewired module system. I will of course be seeking someone in that field eventually, hopefully one will be here. ;)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not going to try to 'sell' anyone for a while yet, much less beat people's hosting based soley on price for now. One thing that I am going to use to great effect will be both the political leanings and donations (if any) of almost every single major webhost. It will be impressive.

You might notice that I'm a bunch of things. Graphic designer ISN'T one of them, and that's why the header is only trivially changed (I GPL released my own modifications as a site template in their own right) to match a radically rewired module system. I will of course be seeking someone in that field eventually, hopefully one will be here. ;)

Ill be keeping an eye out then.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm also open to suggestions on copy and especially the legal text. There'll also be a dedicated technical forum for gunnies.. plan on getting most of the smart people from all the different sites hanging out there from time to time on that common ground.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#7]
HELLO, day crew!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#8]
hm. maybe the night crew will actually have some suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top