Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2001 5:12:33 PM EDT
What is the FFL price of a Bushmaster stripped lower?  An ASA lower?  An Oly lower?  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Preban or postban?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Post Ban
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummm, I hate to be the one to do this to you, but unless you're an FFL, that is supposed to be confidential dealer information.

For this reason, very few manufacturers will post dealer prices in "regular" catalogs anymore.  They generally have seperate catalogs or price sheets for their dealers.

I will tell you however, that the margin is very, very low.  Most of us are in this business because we love doing it... it's definately not for the money!
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Come on, guys, don't be dicks.  This forum is set up so we can exchange information and help one another out.  FFL prices are listed in SGN all the time I just cant seem to locate the price of stripped lowers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I was told flat out by the gun shop that I deal with that Bushmaster doesn't give him a discount.  He pays the same price that I do.  He would order me a lower and I would pay his price plus a transfer fee.  He does get a discount from ArmaLite though.  He is cutting me a deal on a AR180B when they are finially shipped.  

If you know how to read the Brownells catalog[;)], you know what the their wholesale price is on the lowers that they offer.  

Anyway, why does the wholesale price matter, I only care about what a part will cost me.  

OSA
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to buy a stripped lower.  I don't want to call my FFL yet and ask him prices because then he will call me every day until I go buy it.  I need to save some money for a couple of days so I don't want any high pressure bull shit.  I just want to know how much I need to save.  He charges 10%.  Just tell me please so I will know how much to save.  Prices would be appreciated on:
Eagle Arms
DPMS
Bushmaster especially
Rock River
ASA
OLY Arms
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You know that there is a group purchase for RRA lowers going on in this forum, check it out, you may be able to still get into the fourth group.  [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=33381&page=6[/url] So this answers the question of what it will cost for a RRA lower.

I have been buying Olympic lowers for $99.00

Bushmasters are mostlikely in the $150 range??

OSA

Link Posted: 8/5/2001 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Tim - the ffl that I have worked part time for also gets no price break from BM or Armalite - don't know about the others.  His advice to people is to order themselves and then he charges a $20-25 transfer fee - that's it.  FYI - the RRA lowers are sweet as ai the entire legp rifle.  This ffl is in Plano, Tx.

Tate
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#9]
anybody else know?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#10]
If he charges you 10%,then it's 10% less than what he charges you. I'm not trying to be a dick but the guy has a right to make a living.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Is everyone on this fucking site too stupid to realize I don't want to call him until I have the money because then he will hound me until I go and buy the fucking receiver.  Please just list a price.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
         ?   WOW !  Now people will really want to help you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#13]
The prices are....oh what the hell...Im too fucking stupid
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Do you want a cast, forged, or SS receiver? The prices are significanly different.

Bushhamster give the dealer 10% off MSRP, then charges for shipping.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#15]
EagleArmsHBAR:
Is everyone on this fucking site too stupid....  
View Quote

No.

Everyone just realizes that you seem to know your way around this site, & that
[u]you must already know what a lower will cost[/u].

Even if you find an Oly for $89.99, no matter how you figure it - by the time you add the transfer fee (& tax),you're going to pay [red][b]$120[/b][/red].
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry for losing my temper, guys.  I just got fustrated that nobody was posting prices.  You are right about my FFL dealer, he is kinda screwed up but he is the only person in town that will do transfers for 10%, all others want 25%.  I guess I save up about $160 and go see him.  Thanks for setting me stright on my stupidness.  Once again, I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't worry about it EagleArms - it looked to me like everyone was being pretty obtuse.  I think I would have gotten frustrated myself.  Don't know why no one would just post the damn prices.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top