Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 8:51:04 PM EDT
anyone else share the same sentiment over this years holidays?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, I posted a christmas one but it got locked.  I was gonna post another but after the last one....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
No. Go cry in your beer by yourself, gloomy Gus.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Atleast Im not the only one.  Now it will be normal until that valentines thing
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Just that much closer to the grave.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Atleast Im not the only one.  Now it will be normal until that valentines thing

Wait, we still have Robert E. Lees birthday to celebrate here in GA.

Robert E. Lee was Born on:

January 19, 1807

Robert E. Lee Day

Robert E. Lee day is an unofficial Southern holiday observed on January 19 of each year.  The day is a day of remembrance and celebration.  Remembrance of a man who gave his utmost for a cause, and put duty, faith, and service above all else.  Robert E. Lee day is a day that all Southerners say, "Thank you, General, for all you did." January 19 was Robert E. Lee's Birthday.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, this is the first Christmas in 4 years that I had to work and it's a retail job. As usual, my house insurance on two houses, car insurance on two cars, and propane bill came due at the same time, a month before Christmas. I actually overdrew on my checking account, but luckily, I have overdraft protection. It's the first time in 4 years that I've used a credit card. I cashed in some of my IRA with a 30% penalty to get us through December. My property taxes are due in early February, so I'll need that money.

My ex-wife and I modified her visitation schedule so I have the kids on more weekends, but the job took care of that. My wife got to see my kids more than my ex-wife, though.

My great-aunt died on Thursday before Christmas, her funeral was on Christmas Eve.

My wife's grandmother died last Friday night, her funeral was on the day after Christmas. My employer doesn't give bereavement pay and I didn't have any personal/sick/vacation time built up so I lost a day's wages. Luckily, I still got paid for Christmas. We got ripped off on our hotel room and my mother-in-law tore my suit  jacket and shirt on our trunk latch while we were loading up for the trip home.

My wife had to go to Kentucky from Tuesday to last night for her work, my kids were with their mom for visitation, but I had a babysitter stay with my two step-daughters while I was at work.

I was going to get my SUV fixed Monday, but the trip for the funeral delayed it. I had to borrow my Dad's Dodge D-2500, leaving him stranded at home while I was at work or I would have been stranded at work.

My wife found out today that her great-uncle, her recently deceased grandmother's brother-in-law, just died of cancer. He's going to receive a military burial in Houston, TX, but we won't be able to go.

And I thought the year 2000 sucked, at least all that crap was spread out through the year, not in one month.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
a- ok this year

I kicked a few "habits" a couple years back and it's been smooth sailing.

Merry Fuckin NEW YEAR ARFCOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
+Tenty thousand
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top