Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 5:18:10 PM EDT
You know how you think you know someone, and then they go and do something completely whacky that you never thought they'd do? Well I got this e-mail from a liberal chick I figured was pro abortion, but heck no! Quite the opposite in fact. Here it is:
(sorry if this has been posted before)

Month 1
Mommy, I am only 8 inches long, but I have all my organs. I love the sound of your voice. Every time I hear it, I wave my arms and legs. The sound of your heart beat is my favorite lullaby.

Month 2
Mommy, today I learned how to suck my thumb. If you could see me, you could definitely tell that I am a baby. I'm not big enough to survive outside my home though. It is so nice and warm in here.

Month 3
You know what Mommy, I'm a girl!! I hope that makes you happy. I always want you to be happy. I don't like it when you cry. You sound so sad. It makes me sad too, and I cry with you even though you can't hear me.

Month 4
Mommy, my hair is starting to grow. It is very short and fine, but I will have a lot of it. I spend a lot of my time exercising. I can turn my head and curl my fingers and toes, and stretch my arms and legs. I am becoming quite good at it too.

Month 5
You went to the doctor today. Mommy, he lied to you. He said that I'm not a baby. I am a baby Mommy, your baby. I think and feel. Mommy, what's abortion?

Month 6
I can hear that doctor again. I don't like him. He seems cold and heartless. Something is intruding my home. The doctor called it a needle. Mommy what is it? It burns! Please make him stop! I can't get away from it! Mommy!! HELP me!!

Month 7
Mommy, I am okay. I am in Jesus's arms. he is holding me. He told me about abortion. Why didn't you want me, Mommy?

Every Abortion Is Just . . .
One more heart that was stopped. Two more eyes that will never see. Two more hands that will never touch. Two more legs that will never run. One more mouth that will never speak
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
And?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And?

She was the last person I thought would send me anything remotely related, or as "touching" on the subject as that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess that's what happens when people throw the term "liberal" around and assume that everyone who has a liberal view on one issue has liberal views on all others.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I guess that's what happens when people throw the term "liberal" around and assume that everyone who has a liberal view on one issue has liberal views on all others.

It's hard to be "liberal" on some issues, and not be a total whacko that digests all the left's BS, and is afraid to think for one's self.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Conservative too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And?

She was the last person I thought would send me anything remotely related, or as "touching" on the subject as that.

So you were just posting for informational purposes?  I just didn't see what the need was in posting the whole thing.

Woody
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't sound like she accepts everything the liberals support, or maybe she is not as liberal as you think she is.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
A vast majority of abortions do NOT take place when the fetus is 8 inches long and has fully developed organs, heartbeat. In fact, that's probably at the end of the 2nd trimester and most would consider it too late.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know how you think you know someone, and then they go and do something completely whacky that you never thought they'd do? Well I got this e-mail from a liberal chick I figured was pro abortion, but heck no! Quite the opposite in fact. Here it is:

Month 1
Mommy, I am only 8 inches long, but I have all my organs. I love the sound of your voice. Every time I hear it, I wave my arms and legs. The sound of your heart beat is my favorite lullaby.

Month 2
Mommy, today I learned how to suck my thumb. If you could see me, you could definitely tell that I am a baby. I'm not big enough to survive outside my home though. It is so nice and warm in here.

Month 3
You know what Mommy, I'm a girl!! I hope that makes you happy. I always want you to be happy. I don't like it when you cry. You sound so sad. It makes me sad too, and I cry with you even though you can't hear me.

Month 4
Mommy, my hair is starting to grow. It is very short and fine, but I will have a lot of it. I spend a lot of my time exercising. I can turn my head and curl my fingers and toes, and stretch my arms and legs. I am becoming quite good at it too.

Month 5
You went to the doctor today. Mommy, he lied to you. He said that I'm not a baby. I am a baby Mommy, your baby. I think and feel. Mommy, what's abortion?

Month 6
I can hear that doctor again. I don't like him. He seems cold and heartless. Something is intruding my home. The doctor called it a needle. Mommy what is it? It burns! Please make him stop! I can't get away from it! Mommy!! HELP me!!

Month 7
Mommy, I am okay. I am in Jesus's arms. he is holding me. He told me about abortion. Why didn't you want me, Mommy?

One more heart that was stopped. Two more eyes that will never see. Two more hands that will never touch. Two more legs that will never run. One more mouth that will never speak

Get some help for yourself.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So you were just posting for informational purposes?  I just didn't see what the need was in posting the whole thing.

Woody

Yes, and I thought it was an interesting story as well. Thats why I posted all of it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Get some help for yourself.

I'm sure thats an insult, but it sounds so retarded that I'm confused. (yeah, it happens easily)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped reading after the first month.  I call BS (wish I had one of those little flags)

At one month a baby is about the size of a kidney bean.  It would take about 20 of those to make 8 inches.

Regardless of where you come down on the issue all this BS that both sides puts out just hurts the discussion.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I stopped reading after the first month.  I call BS (wish I had one of those little flags)

At one month a baby is about the size of a kidney bean.  It would take about 20 of those to make 8 inches.

Regardless of where you come down on the issue all this BS that both sides puts out just hurts the discussion.

You're mis interperating this.  Yeah, a baby isn't 8" long at the beginning, and neither do they know what sex they are until well after they're born. This isn't to prove that fetuses know they can't survive outside the whomb in the first tri-mester, the whole message is that human life in the beginning is valuable and innocent.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
WRT to a "liberal" being anti-abortion, you have to understand the difference between a classic liberal and a leftist.  There are a lot of people (women, mostly) that are very sympathetic to "the downtrodden".  This means the poor, the hungry, the sick, the old, put-upon ethnic minorities, etc etc etc...  The thing is, a lot of them are conflicted about who to sympathize with more - the poor woman that doesn't want a kid or the kid.   The honest ones often sympathize with the child, while the self-serving ones sympathize with the woman (oftentimes because they want to reserve the right for themselves if need be).   Liberals want to save the world, and using the government to do so is one tool  in the toolbox.  

I think classic liberals can be good, if incredibly misguided and naive, people.

The leftist position (not liberal) is focused on the government doing more, rather than fixing the problem.  WRT abortion, the leftist position sympathizes entirely with the woman because it sees her as a weak, "proletarian" type of individual.  She is crucial because her support along with the other miserable proletarians of the world in solidarity can overcome the powerful and turn everything on its head, switching the have-nots and the haves, which is the ultimate goal of leftists of all stripes, no matter the label they give themselves.  The baby is fairly useless in this equation, if they can support the woman's "right" they can win her political support.

I think commies should be shot in the streets like the vermin they are.

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell who is who, and that's deliberate, as the leftists often enlist the unknowing support of decent but easily manipulated liberals.  Example would be the ANSWER protests, organized by hard-line Stalinists and populated by mostly stupid but well-meaning hippies.  The hippies themselves don't mean any harm, but the fact that they line up to be useful idiots for the commies makes things difficult.

I guess if the great revolution ever comes, a lot of fairly innocent hippie blood will be shed.  Oh well, that's the price they pay for being stupid.

ETA: It should be noted that Leftists HATE the government if they don't control it and LOVE the government if the do.   Leftists only advocate more government control IF they're the ones pulling the levers of power.  That's why a lot of them take civil-liberties-based positions against the Bush Administration.  If they were in power, they would have no problem with going twice as far, because when they do it, it's for the good of the people.

Basically, the only thing they're interested in is having the power to control everything the way they think it should all be done.  All positions are means to that end.  All contradictions are irrelevant in their platforms, because their only ideology is that of destroying the establishment and controlling society the way they see fit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's hard to be "liberal" on some issues, and not be a total whacko that digests all the left's BS, and is afraid to think for one's self.

Just like the majority of this board that regurgitates the GOP's daily talking points almost verbatim?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like the majority of this board that regurgitates the GOP's daily talking points almost verbatim?

Who's that?

I've seen more "Bush is an asshole catering to Mexicans" lately around here.

I know you like being the opposition and all, but at least accurately describe the situation.  The mood of the board has been almost as anti-GOP as it has been anti-Democrat as of recently....

Don't confuse "the GOP" with "conservatives" or "gun owners" for that matter.  I'm far more libertarian, but you can bet your ass I'll pull the lever for some GOP asshole as long as borderline commies continue to hold the reigns of power in the Democratic party.  I think that's a pretty representative opinion of a lot of people here...  true conservatives are having a hard time with the GOP recently, and some of them are holding their noses, and some of them are saying "screw it".

The threat of Hillary will probably bring 'em back in line, though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

[shudder]I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. [/shudder]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[shudder]I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. [/shudder]

That's the way it goes when you play 2-card monte
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#19]
She's a classical liberal. Modern leftists have corrupted the term. I describe myself as a Liberal because DAMMIT, I'm taking back the term for people who believe in LIBERTY and JUSTICE. Liberty for unborn children. Justice for the victims of murderers.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

............... The threat of Hillary will probably bring 'em back in line, though.

Or not.
"Screw it."
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Whatever...

I know a lot of people that are pro-life but I've never met anyone who is pro-abortion.  Pro-Choice yes.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Month 1

Month 2

Month 3

Month 4

Month 5

Month 6

Month 7

wow... and I always thought humans never learned to speak or type until much later in life    Oh shit... I think I hear the load I just blew un some chicks chest talking to me...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Hi mom... it's one month since the guy you buy crack from down the street shot his sticking load into you.  I'm so happy that the reason I'm going to be alive is due to the fact you needed to get high.

Hey mom... 2 months now, thanks so much for the 5 cartons of cigarettes you have smoked since I was conceived, the bottle of Colt 45 you drink every night is really keeping me drunk in here too

Hey mom... 3 months now and you still haven't gone to see an OBGYN, when will you realize I'm in here.

Hey mom... 4 months now and I can't believe I haven't fallen asleep yet, well... I guess that's what happens when you smoke meth every 6 hours.

Hey mom... 5 months now and you are still having sex with random people just to get high, you really know how to have a good time!!

Hey mom... 6 months you must have just realized you were pregnant because your pimp keep kicking you in the stomach. Tell him those new Nikes are sweet!!!

Hey mom... 7 months in here, when am I going to get the fuck out so I can start my life of crime!!

ABORTION... A GREAT CHOICE FOR MANY!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#25]
You know what, if you are a Christian or a Catholic and you don't want your wife or daughter to get an abortion.  FINE!

If your daughter gets pregnant at 13 or your wife cheats on you and gets pregnant and in your view the life of the child is sacred, knock yourself the fuck out.  Have the baby and hold your head up high at church on Sunday.  Every sperm is sacred.  

I'm sure you will be rewarded for your un-compromissing devotion.

Asside from that, it's none of your fucking business what anyone else decides to do in response to the same or a similar cituation.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hi mom... it's one month since the guy you buy crack from down the street shot his sticking load into you.  I'm so happy that the reason I'm going to be alive is due to the fact you needed to get high.

Hey mom... 2 months now, thanks so much for the 5 cartons of cigarettes you have smoked since I was conceived, the bottle of Colt 45 you drink every night is really keeping me drunk in here too

Hey mom... 3 months now and you still haven't gone to see an OBGYN, when will you realize I'm in here.

Hey mom... 4 months now and I can't believe I haven't fallen asleep yet, well... I guess that's what happens when you smoke meth every 6 hours.

Hey mom... 5 months now and you are still having sex with random people just to get high, you really know how to have a good time!!

Hey mom... 6 months you must have just realized you were pregnant because your pimp keep kicking you in the stomach. Tell him those new Nikes are sweet!!!

Hey mom... 7 months in here, when am I going to get the fuck out so I can start my life of crime!!

ABORTION... A GREAT CHICE FOR MANY!!!!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You know what, if you are a Christian or a Catholic and you don't want your wife or daughter to get an abortion.  FINE!

If your daughter gets pregnant at 13 or your wife cheats on you and gets pregnant and in your view the life of the child is sacred, knock yourself the fuck out.  Have the baby and hold your head up high at church on Sunday.  Every sperm is sacred.  

I'm sure you will be rewarded for your un-compromissing devotion.

Asside from that, it's none of your fucking business what anyone else decides to do in response to the same or a similar cituation.

I agree with you 100%.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#29]
AMAZING! A guy posts an "Observation" about a friend and it gets turned into a Pro-Life/Pro-Choice fiasco. some of you people just dont see the forest through the trees.

His post had NOTHING to do with the issue of abortion, it was about inconsistantcy of one's political outlook... thats all.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
AMAZING! A guy posts an "Observation" about a friend and it gets turned into a Pro-Life/Pro-Choice fiasco. some of you people just dont see the forest through the trees.

His post had NOTHING to do with the issue of abortion, it was about inconsistantcy of one's political outlook... thats all.

You will be one busy dude if you posted this same thing for every applicable topic in these boards...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ABORTION... A GREAT CHICE FOR MANY!!!!

aAHAHHAHAHA YES!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will be one busy dude if you posted this same thing for every applicable topic in these boards... face it, you are pro-life and wanted to get in the last word  

Ha shows you what you know. I am pro choice. What people do with their own body is NONE  of my business... that is between them and their belief system. My wife and I dont believe in abortion but that is OUR decision to do what we will.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad each side only sees the inconsistency in the other side. It cannot get out of the stage of each side screaming "hypocrite!" at the other.

Yeah thats why I dont get in the arguments about it. I have witnessed women that use abortion as birth control... know one personally that has had as many as 8 and doesnt phase her one bit and have heard women going through depression because they had ONE and wont forgive themselves.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will be one busy dude if you posted this same thing for every applicable topic in these boards... face it, you are pro-life and wanted to get in the last word  

Ha shows you what you know. I am pro choice. What people do with their own body is NONE  of my business... that is between them and their belief system. My wife and I dont believe in abortion but that is OUR decision to do what we will.

glad to hear...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I heard HUNTER S. THOMPSON aborted himself...retroactively.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I heard HUNTER S. THOMPSON aborted himself...retroactively.

ohhhh snap!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I was just going to click off on this thread but I have one thing to say about it. Reading all of this shit only confirms to me that the Republic is doomed and Planet Earth is inhabited by monkeys.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Oh Really?  His post had nothing to do with the issue of abortion?  

I suppose it had nothing to do with Christianity either.

Month 7

Well let me be the first to apologize for hi-jacking GNJ's thread.

Do you religious people ever get tired of guilt trips?

Don't worry about me!  Save yourself!

As a religious person, it's not your job to save the world.  Emerse yourself in your religion, debase yourslef in front of your deity beg for forgiveness and leave the rest of the the fuck alone already.

Let us rot in hell!  We deserve it.  Get off our backs.

If you are so dead set on going to heaven, GO!, buy all means fucking GO! Do whatever it is you feel you need to do.  Just leave the rest of us out of it.

Mind your own fucking business.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I was just going to click off on this thread but I have one thing to say about it. Reading all of this shit only confirms to me that the Republic is doomed and Planet Earth is inhabited by monkeys.

wow... you are a Dr. and you just realized this?  I guess they aren't as smart as they say they are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top