Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 2:47:26 PM EDT
A few years back I was in a accident that caused one of my front teeth and a k-9 to become chipped.  At the time I didnt think too much about it as it wasnt painful...but now I  noticed that when I eat sour stuff...like a lemon or lime my chipped teeth start to hurt.  So I really want to get them fixed before it gets bad.

The only problem is that im afraid of what the dentists answere will be.  Im afriad hell say he cant help me and that I should have come to him right after the accident.

So...before I go...let me know the good or bad news....can chipped teeth generally be fixed?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I just had 4 teeth capped, its not cheap but they will last forever. before they were capped the front two were bonded, much cheaper but it chipped several times.

to get the four capped was 3500 bucks with no dental insurance, bonding cost about half of that with no insurance. now before you all think i had 3500 bucks to spend my parents paid for it, for a wedding present... strange gift, but i will not complain
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Citrus and cold sensativity is from exposed dentin.  Have a DDS look at the bondings.  If they have good margins (closed up) a $4 tube of sensodyne tooth paste will fix you up.   Worry when they throb on  their own enough to wake you from sleep.

Take care,

Bob RN, Dental hygienist, 1st sx asst
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Citrus and cold sensativity is from exposed dentin.  Have a DDS look at the bondings.  If they have good margins (closed up) a $4 tube of sensodyne tooth paste will fix you up.   Worry when they throb on  their own enough to wake you from sleep.

Take care,

Bob RN, Dental hygienist, 1st sx asst

Do you know anything about a laser procedure for sensitive teeth? Its supposed  to seal the the "pores" in the teeth that cause the sensitivity.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I chipped my front tooth and also waited a while a to go in. They (from what i can tell) smoothed the cracked area used some really strong glue and put in a little replacement. The only pain throught he whole procedure was the sanding part whichc was a tickling type feeling. Ive never had anyproblems with the chip since then. and on xrays it shows up as bright white which looks cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top