Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 2:27:48 PM EDT
Fairly often my TVs will POP loudly at night when I'm sleeping.  They've done this for a long time and only seem to do so when turned off.  My computer monitor will crack and pop when it's turned on every now and again.

Sort of sounds like something falls inside of them.  Anyone know why this is?  Monitor just did that and I almost hit the deck for cover.  In true ARFCOM form, Should I draw down and dare it to pop again?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
feedback from the listening devices
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Its fine, its just little pieces heating and cooling inside.  It will just explode, and shoot a column of flame and glass shards out from the monitor when you wake it up some morning.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop using CRTs and it'll stop happening.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a wire tap...like a phone.  The guberment sees all you see on your monitor..and they can see through it to see what you are doing.

So stop wacking to the bra models on Wal-Mart's website!

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Send them to me, I will evaluate them for a couple of years. If there are ghosts are grimlins in there I will let you know
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
static discharge

poor ground in the house or extream lack of humidity in the air.

If you live in Denver, you get use to it.  The humidity in the winters inside our homes is at times in the single digits what with the dry air outside and the furnace drying it out even more while heating.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
static discharge

poor ground in the house or extream lack of humidity in the air.

Yup
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
grounding can do it

also get a humidifier, it will help with dry noses, general static issues, etc. you can do one on the furnace for a few hundred or go get a cool mist one from wally world, you will just have to fill it once or twice a day.

i personally use a 55 gallon fish tank, the fishes are pertty ( spelled on purpose ) and it needs 5 gallons a week in the winter, but it keeps the house more comfortable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top