Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 12:15:53 PM EDT
I think chain stores get screwed with by NICS. I buy several guns, just bought 2 last weekend in 2 different states with no problem at all. Today I go into Academy sports to buy a little youth 243 and get delayed, same thing happened at wal-mart a few months ago.Anybody else have trouble at the chains? Never had any problems at gun shows, local stores, etc.... It just pisses me off
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be something in what you say. Could be that chain is "flagged" by NICS die to sloppy paperwork in the past, could be the clerk didn't know what he/she was doing & the NICS clerk was as bad. Could be NICS is slow for the holidays due to vacations, etc.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could be something in what you say. Could be that chain is "flagged" by NICS die to sloppy paperwork in the past, could be the clerk didn't know what he/she was doing & the NICS clerk was as bad. Could be NICS is slow for the holidays due to vacations, etc.

Couldn't be that you share the name of a fugitive/criminal,could it Mr bin Laden?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't buy guns at chain stores.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Same thing happened to me at WalMart on Memorial Day.  I think that it's a holiday and it's due to staffing shortages in the NICS call center - they just delay everyone.  I got a call the next morning to come and pick up the rifle.  First (and only) time that has ever happened to me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
did you use your soc sec #?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
i get a delay every time i buy a firearm, at least the last 4 anyway, i've come to the assumption i share the same name or something with a bad guy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I made sure the clerk used ss#, but he was probably only 18 and not the best versed, but that should'nt affect NICS-- stress should'nt, but who knows how those operators can be.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i get a delay every time i buy a firearm, at least the last 4 anyway, i've come to the assumption i share the same name or something with a bad guy.

That could definitely be it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I get delayed every time, too.

You can file a form to get it straightened out, but personally, I haven't had the time.

NICS Resolution Info

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't be that you share the name of a fugitive/criminal,could it Mr bin Laden?

A more confusing post I cannot recall.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I get dalayed every single gun.  Store.  Show.  Chain.  Whatever.

Every.  Single.  F'ing.  Time.

I have been delayed every single purchase for the last 12 guns.

I am sorry for your inconvenience.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a CHL, I just pay and walk out in Texas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top