Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 10:30:23 PM EDT
I just got back from seeing the movie.  My GF had read the book and insisted on seeing it.  I thought it was a great movie.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 great movie I saw with my fiance.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew it would have sluts in it, the pumpkin chick turned out great, we need more like her.  The bitchy geisha from the geisha house when they were young reminds me of my sister to the T, evilest bitch Ive ever known.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the book several years ago.I recommend it to anyone who likes a good historical novel don't let the title turn you off this isn't a trash book.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Any nudity?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Any nudity?

+1
Max
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll see it if theirs Tits and Ass..........
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any nudity?

+1
Max

brief nudity.  nothing major.  it's not about sex.  it's about art.  Most geisha NEED to use their sex as art, but don't truly qualify according to the deep rooted spiritual meaning of geisha.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
How long was the book?

Is their a chance the book was derived from a short story or novellete?

I ask because I remember reading a 40 - 60 page story a long time ago that the commercials for this movie remind me of.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I am told by some who I saw the movie with and read the book that the movie was an excellent representation of the book.  Naturally, there are many details left out that cant be achieved in a 1 to 2 hour film, but all in all, it was reproduced for film well.  The movie leaves out more of the child's upbringing before being sold into slavery, and also leaves out much more of the hostility she dealt with from her competeing geishas.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
"memoirs of a Geisha" or "how I pussy whipped men using the power of chooch-fu"
I dunno sounds like one of those Oprah Men are sex pigs stories.
Is this one of those "evils of prostitution" stories or what?
MAybe all those 3rd world prostitutes would be better off if they picked garbage for a living.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I went with my girlfriend to see it yesterday. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. I really didn't find it to be overly "chick-flick". I thought it was a fairly good historical movie focused on a non traditional (in the Western world) art style.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
reminds me of my sister to the T, evilest bitch Ive ever known.

WWOP

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
reminds me of my sister to the T, evilest bitch Ive ever known.

WWOP

WWCHD?

What would Chuck Norris do?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top