BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2005 9:21:37 PM EDT
Oh, for the love of....  

www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-12-30-peta-staffer_x.htm?POE=LIFISVA

PETA staffer legally changes name to KentuckyFriedCruelty.com

NEW YORK (AP) — A 19-year-old PETA staffer has legally changed his name to KentuckyFriedCruelty.com.

Chris Garnett, youth outreach coordinator for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said he changed his name in support of the group's anti-KFC campaign.

"People don't believe me at first when I tell them my name, but it never fails to spark a discussion," Garnett, er, KentuckyFriendCruelty.com, said in a statement. "Many vow to boycott KFC after I explain the company's indifference to cruelty to animals."

Norfolk, Va.-based PETA's complaints against KFC stem from video footage shot last year recording alleged mistreatment of birds at a Pilgrim's Pride Corp. plant in Moorefield, W.Va. The plant is a KFC supplier.

Yum! Brands, the parent company of KFC, has disputed the claims of mistreatment. In June, a grand jury refused to indict former workers at the West Virginia chicken plant.

Stacked star Pamela Anderson, who has narrated a PETA video showing the alleged abuse, supports Garnett's name change.

"I'm sure Chris can't wait 'till KFC stops torturing chickens so he can change his name back," the actress said in a statement, adding that the chicken abuse "is awful and has to stop."
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.

Hope he likes it...

And when he finds a equally stupid PETA woman to marry him, I hope for her sake shes a hyphen chick.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yet more proof that these people are absolutely, positively, without any doubt whatsoever batshit crazy AND stupid to boot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The amount of stupid people in this world never ceases to amaze me.

Rule to live by:  90% of the people you come across are colosally, irreparably stupid.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
A guy like that needs a kick in the ass. I can't even imagine meeting a guy like that
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

and
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather have a KFC breast the pammys skanky hepC ridden one. I eat a KFC meal right in front of ol kruwl chicken boy, MMMMMMMM all the way.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'll go to KFC tomorrow.  I'll Say Hi to the Colonel.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#12]
[Cartman] "Dude, your name, umm, it's weird.. Ummm, yer a dork, we're going to kick your ass because you're weird, oh yeah, we're also going to make chili out of your parents and a fuzzy lil deer"! [/Cartman]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#13]
He is finaly going to learn one of lifes little lessons:   Life is tough, it's tougher when you are stupid.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in Evansville, IN about a year ago, when I passed the local KY Fry, and noticed a group of  shaggy haired college age kids with signs out in front.  Being curious, I drove back around to see what was up, and lo and behold PETA protestors!  Being that it was around lunchtime, and these kids looked hungry, I did what every sensitive citizen would do, I went in and bought a bucket and took it to them!  (Actually I bought 1/2 a bucket as the store manager thought it was funny and donated the other half)  The leader of the group looked as if he was going to vomit as I handed it to him while munching on an extra crispy drumstick!  (I'm willing to bet that as soon as the signs came down, them hippies had a picnic!)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#15]

"I'm sure Chris can't wait 'till KFC stops torturing chickens so he can change his name back," the actress said in a statement, adding that the chicken abuse "is awful and has to stop."

And all this time I thought KFC sold chickens as food, now I find out that they are just torture chambers for the poor little winged political prisoners.

Maybe next time I go into one I'll look for the secret chamber where they conduct Japanese Water Torture and push bamboo slivers under the chickens' fingernails......
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it's a great idea, and should be mandatory for all PETA people.  That way when I meet someone and they tell me their name is Burgerdeath Furismurder Nutjob.org, then I'll know right away what I'm talking to.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think it's a great idea, and should be mandatory for all PETA people.  That way when I meet someone and they tell me their name is Burgerdeath Furismurder Nutjob.org, then I'll know right away what I'm talking to.  

+87
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Kinda makes me want some chicken. Mmmmm.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder who they voted for........

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and

And all that is left is.....

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#22]
STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BREED
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I watched the videos on the peta website and that is definetly the wrong way to raise chickens, cows, pigs, turkeys, ect. and it was cruel the way they slaughtered them. That is not the way it is supposed to be done.

I have been contemplating on becoming a vegetarian. After watching that, I think I will. At least until I can get my own farm and raise my own animals the right way.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#24]
19 i see, i wonder what he will do when he reaches tha age of reason? People like this should be lucky i dont know where they live.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I watched the videos on the peta website and that is definetly the wrong way to raise chickens, cows, pigs, turkeys, ect. and it was cruel the way they slaughtered them. That is not the way it is supposed to be done.

I have been contemplating on becoming a vegetarian. After watching that, I think I will. At least until I can get my own farm and raise my own animals the right way.

Whos troll account is this?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I think you are lost, you should wonder over to the DU
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#28]

ASSMONKEY!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rule to live by:  90% of the people you come across are colosally, irreparably stupid.

and ugly
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

1st post. Leave douchebag
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#31]

"People don't believe me at first when I tell them my name, but it never fails to spark a discussion,"

Yep, which would start with me saying, "You're a loser, and now I'm in the mood for some KFC. See ya!"

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Troll!

PS: PETA Boogerer
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Me too, I am in total agreement.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Dude, you are talking about food, who cares how they raise it?

i do. and tend to think of it as a general respect for life.

but then again im not one of those people that whoops it up, high fives, and does a dance whenever i shoot an animal. so maybe i just don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i do. and tend to think of it as a general respect for life.but then again im not one of those people that whoops it up, high fives, and does a dance whenever i shoot an animal. so may be i just don't get it.

So you get to eat meat and think that is was not raised right, or treated fair?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:29:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember that when you mow the lawn
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but then again im not one of those people that whoops it up, high fives, and does a dance whenever i shoot an animal. so maybe i just don't get it.

Dude, you are going to eat it, it is nothing but food, do you feel sorry for bread when you eat it too?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I have respect for life. As humans, we are caretakers of the animals put on the Earth by God. They should be treated fairly and slaughtered in a humane way.

Most of the meat raised in not done properly. I have family members that raise there own animals and they do it properly.

Just becuase I believe that this whole industry is in the wrong doesnt make me a troll.

I am an NRA and GOA member.

Here is some interesting reading for you Christian folks. Not that I believe everything I read or see.

http://www.christianveg.com/wwje.htm

I also do not hunt for trophies, whatever I kill I eat.

by the way, thanks for the warm welcome.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Dude, you are going to eat it, it is nothing but food, do you feel sorry for bread when you eat it too?

no, but i appreciate when the baker doesn't piss in the dough.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have respect for life. As humans, we are caretakers of the animals put on the Earth by God. They should be treated fairly and slaughtered in a humane way.

Most of the meat raised in not done properly. I have family members that raise there own animals and they do it properly.

Just becuase I believe that this whole industry is in the wrong doesnt make me a troll.

I am an NRA and GOA member.

Here is some interesting reading for you Christian folks. Not that I believe everything I read or see.

http://www.christianveg.com/wwje.htm

I also do not hunt for trophies, whatever I kill I eat.

by the way, thanks for the warm welcome.

I am going to eat you, I will raise your fairly and treat you like a family pet but one day i will kill you and feed you to my family. I hunt for trophies, so what, i still eat the meat, do you even hunt, if you do you need to stop talking, either you eat meat or you dont. We dont hunt for food,we do it because we like to kill, anybody that tells you different is on crack.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#43]

I hunt for trophies but I also eat everything I take out of the field....except for coons, sorry they dont taste that good, but I tried one once and coyote....not tasty either...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry to revive a dead thread. . . but I think we should all sign up to get active.

Mostly I just want the stickers as a novelty item and as free target pasters, the posters would make great target backers (turn the around so you don' have to look at whatever graphic is on there), the leaflets. . . well I guess if you have hamsters or birds or something you could line their cages with them.  

I think this is a win win situation. . . they get a fake name and real address. . . and send you lots of junk at their expense. . . I'm all for it. . .

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#45]
edit, snopesed myself.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

+1.

WTF, over?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Animals ≠ People
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Silly troll! Vegetables aren't food! They're what food eats!

GT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I agree, we do have a responsibility to to treat animals humanely and ethically. But we also have a GREATER responsibility to mankind.

PETA is against ALL use of animals by humans.  They put out these videos to make you think that this kind of treatment is the NORM and not the EXCEPTION.

If they're in favor of the humane killing of animals why did they sue KFC for what they alleged Pilgrim's Pride did?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Here in "Happy Valley" the Peta people staged a protest not too long ago. It actually attracted piles of people who came to eat at the place to counter the protesters. Several people went out and just ate their chicken infront of the bunny huggers to piss them off. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top