Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 5:44:23 PM EDT
Right now I am smoking pork ribs from a pig that my son in-law and I killed, gutted
and butchered.

I had to brush the snow off the smoker, but you guys from the South
won't hold that against me right?

I've always thought I was born in the wrong "place".

I have made good friends with people from the South and have great respect for them and
get good laughs.

They keep asking me to "Come on down" but I can't leave the Grandchildren

Send me some Southern love, or something less gay like a recipe that cooks dead things, catches
fish or makes me a better hunter

GM

PS: I'm getting good at this "smoking" shit,watch out boys

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
From the idea of the thread, shouldn't you be a "Southerner trapped in a Yankee's body"?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG, that's a fate worse than death!

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind a little snow down here every now and then.  It's been about 6 or 8 years since we had a good snow in Birmingham.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
From the idea of the thread, shouldn't you be a "Southerner trapped in a Yankee's body"?

You are right, I ment to fix that and forgot.  

GM
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to break it to ya....But, being southern no longer has to do with geography. example: only a few parts of Florida are still southern, thanks to the cubans.......southern is a cuture that bridges many peoples. Be it, food, religion, government....

I've met "southerners" all over this country. There are tons of them in Pennsylvainia...go figure...

-HS
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Say  12 Yee Haws and you'll be forgin son

Oh yeah, quit callin it pop.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
How are the chitlins......you did make chitlins, didn't you?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hate to break it to ya....But, being southern no longer has to do with geography. example: only a few parts of Florida are still southern, thanks to the cubans.......southern is a cuture that bridges many peoples. Be it, food, religion, government....

I've met "southerners" all over this country. There are tons of them in Pennsylvainia...go figure...

-HS

HillBillySasquatch,

That is the conclusion I am coming to.

I guess for a "wolf" the home range is shrinking every where.  Only pet dogs allowed in most places anymore.

GM
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

-HS

It's been said that to drive to Pittsburgh from Philadelphia, you have to go through Alabama.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]
As a redneck....posting from Alabama.....sitting in a trailer.......at the end of a dirt road.....with a singing deer mounted on the wall, I must say, that it's all a state of mind ! ! ! !

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OMG, that's a fate worse than death!

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind a little snow down here every now and then.  It's been about 6 or 8 years since we had a good snow in Birmingham.

We got snow on Christmas day. God was so thoughtful, he sent it pre-melted.
I could have worn shorts two days ago.

Mmmm, ribs....

I was raised on Sesame Street, it took me a long time to lose the Northern accent...a lot of people still accuse me of being a Yankee, but I've never been out of Lee County any longer than a week!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Nah, your just a rural northerner.

A real southerner would be smoking whatever he found in the middle of the road that day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#14]
You think you are confused, I live about one mile from the Mason-Dixson line. If I am at the top of the hill and the brakes fail I'll be wet and in the South. Great Grandma used to sit on her porch and argue with her sister about the war. That was the Civil war, she had a corn cob pipe and a jug of 'shine next to her rocker. My mother in law dips snuff and the wifes aunt crew levi garrett.  I have hunted and killed and cooked just about any kind of critter. And have been know to get a few road kill deer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#15]
You'll come to your senses soon.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#16]
GM,,

doin the same as we speak also,, got my smoker going,,,  2 whole slabs dry rubbed and a  chicken soaking up heat till the coals are the tempi want fer the ribs,,,,,,,,

PICS MAN WE NEED pics,,, ill get some fer you
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Come on down. And bring the ribs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yea, I got that problem too..  

Dangit..  another 160 miles south and I woulda been home free
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#19]

sorry no snow yet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top