Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 8:49:16 AM EDT
Sucks!!

Sounds like a woman singing, every whining song.

The radio plays this shit all day long. It's driving me nuts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I must agree in full.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Lead singer had his testicles removed to obtain that whiney-assed pitch.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lead singer had his testicles removed smashed with a hammer to obtain that whiney-assed pitch.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#5]
GOD...no kidding.  My wife listens to that whiny bitch-boy constantly.  It's like having a cheese grater taken to my sack.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you remember the band Perfect Stranger?  Whining is not as bad as it gets; Perfect Stranger's lead had less than optimum pitch control.  Sounded like a 15 year old boy.

Is that a Deep Purple rip off?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, Rascal Flats sucks - as does nearly every neo-country act out there!  I'm even gettin' sick of Toby!! I thought he would try to be "normal" but he's gettin' weird too.  I really miss the rockin' country from the late 70s through late 80s. I'm glad to see Steve Earle is back in the limelight again.

I'll stick with classic rock bands for the most part, but some of the new stuff isn't too bad. I just wish the really good artists were given proper air play. Sheett... Alice Cooper's Dirty Diamonds cd (2005) is awesome, and I never heard one song from it on the radio. Cheap Trick's Special One (2003) cd was pretty good and I never heard that on the radio either. U2 sucks donkey shit, but they get airplay like it was 1985!  Cheap Trick has a new album coming out in February 2006 - lets see if it gets any air play.

ETA - DEEP PURPLE Website

Deep Purple - NOW

Deep Purple - Then
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, I agree. Can't stand the twirps.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you remember the band Perfect Stranger?  Whining is not as bad as it gets; Perfect Stranger's lead had less than optimum pitch control.  Sounded like a 15 year old boy.

I have to confess ignorance here. Never heard Deep Purple.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw them in concert.

I enjoyed the warm up - Blake Shelton - FAR more
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Say what you want about that guy, but I bet he gets more cootchie than any 20 arfcommers put together.
That is, if he's "into" cootchie. I have my doubts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Who?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUH????[
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Say what you want about that guy, but I bet he gets more cootchie than any 20 arfcommers put together.

I think he likes mangina.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw them in NH a few years ago and there was more of the hottest trim running around there than I have prolly ever seen before in one place.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you probably have but just didnt know that it was deep purple
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'll date myself, but................

I went to a Deep Purple concert many years ago, and the back-up band was a trio in worn blue jeans and white t-shirts that played the loudest, edgiest, and most piercing blues/rock sounds I had ever heard.

Absolutely incredible!

ZZ-Top
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll date myself, but................

I went to a Deep Purple concert many years ago, and the back-up band was a trio in worn blue jeans and white t-shirts that played the loudest, edgiest, and most piercing blues/rock sounds I had ever heard.

Absolutely incredible!

ZZ-Top

HAH! My sister saw ZZ Top open for Humble Pie.

Rascal Flatts sings the kind of soccer mom music that today's listener must want.
Me,I'd like to MASH THEIR FREAKIN' HEADS FLATT WITH A FREAKIN' BOULDER!!!!
That is all.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The cootchie that he had here in Columbus is nothing to brag about, believe me. His old girlfriend owns a couple of bars on the north end. She's fairly fugly, but she's nice.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I actually remember that......dude couldn't speak right either, so the song came out "you have the wight to wemain siwent" -- kinda like Elmer Fudd tryin' to sing....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Country started going down hill when groups and singers started acting like the Backstreet Boys
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#22]
That dude makes my ears bleed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top