Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 11:22:38 PM EDT
First off, ahahahahaha..... "Oregon should be in a BCS bowl"... "Oregon is the best one loss team"... Well Oregon just got beat by UNRANKED and a very shitty OU team. Who has OU beaten... No one! Should have been more than 3 points... anyway, this further proves the Pac-10 is a bunch of west coast scrubs. #6 is not supposed to lose like that to an unranked team. No matter how you want to spin it. It's just like the Cal disgrace of last year.

Excuses below:
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally don't give a shit, one way or another.....don't care for Oregon, but consider this situation happens all the time. A highly ranked opponent, but a low-profile program, get saddled with a crappy team in a crappy bowl, and plays poorly.

Happened to Cal, happens all the time if you go back through the bowl histories.

Look at PSU, ranked #3, beats OSU, and gets stuck with Florida State, ranked #22.

OSU, loses 2 games, gets highly ranked Notre Dame in a high-profile bowl.

If you were PSU, wouldn't you feel you got a crappy deal? And, just watch they'll probably come out and play lackluster and get beat by FSU.

But, put PSU against a good team, and they might play as if they had something to prove.

It's the dynamics of bowl games. If OU was ranked #5, do you think Oregon would have played the exact same game?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It was Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was Bush's fault.

+1

He keeps messin' stuff up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I personally don't give a shit, one way or another.....don't care for Oregon, but consider this situation happens all the time. A highly ranked opponent, but a low-profile program, get saddled with a crappy team in a crappy bowl, and plays poorly.

Happened to Cal, happens all the time if you go back through the bowl histories.

Look at PSU, ranked #3, beats OSU, and gets stuck with Florida State, ranked #22.

If you were PSU, wouldn't you feel you got a crappy deal? And, just watch they'll probably come out and play lackluster and get beat by FSU.

But, put PSU against a good team, and they might play as if they had something to prove.

It's the dynamics of bowl games. If OU was ranked #5, do you think Oregon would have played the exact same game?

i think that's an Oregon excuse... exactly what this thread is for.

ETA: Cal, whined like little bitches and had their asses handed to them by Texas Tech... That was a fun day too. It just shows they didn't deserve BCS consideration. imo
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
PSU WILL DOMINATE!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I predict 27 pages minus 26... I have yet to see the rabid UO fans on this site and really hope there are none. I for one am pleased to have UO done for the year. Now I don't have to see these 250+ lb cow bitches in their green and gold outfits squeeze their fat asses out of an SUV as I drive past Fivebucks.

Besides, UO is a freekin liberal school in a town full of eco-terrorist and unshaven stinking hippies.

Now I feel better....GO OIT OWLS!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I predict 27 pages minus 26... I have yet to see the rabid UO fans on this site and really hope there are none. I for one am pleased to have UO done for the year. Now I don't have to see these 250+ lb cow bitches in their green and gold outfits squeeze their fat asses out of an SUV as I drive past Fivebucks.

Besides, UO is a freekin liberal school in a town full of eco-terrorist and unshaven stinking hippies.

OIT? Shit is that even a real school? What the hell do they teach there? Goat herding 101?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
You'd of thought they would have learned their lesson after the raping Texas Tech gave Cal last year.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:00:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First off, ahahahahaha..... "Oregon should be in a BCS bowl"... "Oregon is the best one loss team"... Well Oregon just got beat by UNRANKED #23 in the BCS and a very shitty OU team. Who has OU beaten... No one! Should have been more than 3 points... anyway, this further proves the Pac-10 is a bunch of west coast scrubs. #6 is not supposed to lose like that to an unranked team. No matter how you want to spin it. It's just like the Cal disgrace of last year.

Excuses below:

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think that's an Oregon excuse... exactly what this thread is for.

ETA: Cal, whined like little bitches and had their asses handed to them by Texas Tech... That was a fun day too. It just shows they didn't deserve BCS consideration. imo

Not an excuse, I'm not an Oregon fan.

Just a reality. College teams play all over the map, emotionally......anyone can see that.

Bowl games are all about motivation, always have been. A team with a chip on its shoulder will outplay a better opponent whose head isn't in the game.

That's why I despise the "invitation" system of bowl games. It excludes good teams that aren't "elite" schools, because there's no money to be made by hosting a bowl game between Northwestern and Fresno State, even tho in a given year those teams might be ranked neck and neck, higher than two teams who get a better bowl because of their profile. What ends up happening is the PSU/FSU debacle, when in reality the #3 team should play the #4 or #5 team and on down the list. If it worked that way, the bowl games would be more competitive, I think.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Speak it Brother Swingset!!

The whole bowl system should be scrapped.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#12]
That's good news, as I was tired of hearing about the Oregon-BCS crap.  Get out of the Pac-10, play some real competition (or at least a conference shampionship), and you can play in a BCS game.  Is actually pretty simple!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#13]
What really sucks is that the BCS is now coming up with matchups it was trying to avoid in the first place.

Remember the old system? Winner of Pac10 plays winner of Big10 in the Rose Bowl? It made for really shitty matchups having conferences locked in like that. Now the big conferences have all bought their guaranteed ticket to the BCS. We're back to the same BS as before the BCS. The BCS could have easily been a 7 vs. 8, 5 vs. 6, 3 vs. 4 and 1 vs. 2 deal.

I don't think a specific conference should be guaranteed a spot in the BCS if that conference is shitty to begin with that year.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OIT? Shit is that even a real school? What the hell do they teach there? Goat herding 101?

I am simply going to laugh at your ignorance...please laugh with me? Well you're from Oregon so I am assuming you know it's Oregon Institute of Technology. BTW I could not care less of any college sports team but my major is in Manufacturing Engineering...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top