Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 6:29:38 PM EDT
Long story short...

Grilfriend's friend comes to the house 20 minutes ago boasting of her latest get-rich-quick "occupation".  Girlfriend is ready to invest.  I go to the site, read up on it, and shoot it down due to it's very close resemblance to years-old pyramid schemes.  Not to mention the sheer number of variables your hypothetical return depends on.

Anybody doing/done it in the past?  I need some facts as she often blaims me of being over-analytical and somewhat pessimistic.  

I think the program's transparency is quite apparent, but she'll leave me alone if I can produce a few facts.

Thanks for the help ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
hello?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn thing doesn't make any sense at all to me.  How the hell does she expect to earn any money?  The only thing I can figure out is that yo have to pay them $6 every 12 days to "upgrade" your level.  Sounds like Scientology to me
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Just take a look at their Terms and conditions.  http://www.12dailypro.com/terms.php

It's a pyramid scam through and through.  

Here is some sage advice.  If you cannot find IRL contact information on a business' website (names, adresses, a phone #), they don't want people to be able to find them when they figure out that they've been scammed.  Click on the "Contact information" button and see where it gets you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Ohhh, and check out their forum:  http://forums.12dailypro.com/smf/

"IMPORTANT NOTE:  Forum registration is temporarily disabled due to attacks from a mass spammer.  We will open registration again once we put a verification system in place."

It sounds like they have some disgruntled clients.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damn thing doesn't make any sense at all to me.  How the hell does she expect to earn any money?  The only thing I can figure out is that yo have to pay them $6 every 12 days to "upgrade" your level.  Sounds like Scientology to me

that's pretty good...

Actually, the way I understood it was that a "unit" costs $6.  They don't define the minimum required unit purchase for an "upgrade" which must be done every 12 days or you face account cancellation and consquently loss of your investment and earnings.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ohhh, and check out their forum:  http://forums.12dailypro.com/smf/

"IMPORTANT NOTE:  Forum registration is temporarily disabled due to attacks from a mass spammer.  We will open registration again once we put a verification system in place."

It sounds like they have some disgruntled clients.

thanks on both accounts.  

I didn't think to check out the "contact us" info as I didn't want to add any fuel to the fire.  

She isn't ignorant, just very eager...she can be persuaded with logic, but she gets tired from hearing it from me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
How does it go? If it sounds too good to be true . . . .
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Grilfriend's friend comes to the house 20 minutes ago boasting of her latest get-rich-quick "occupation".

The only people who will get rich quick are the people who started it.  They will get rich off of other people's desire to get rich quick.  Take the same money and put it into the lottery.  At least it's possible to win at that game.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Grilfriend's friend comes to the house 20 minutes ago boasting of her latest get-rich-quick "occupation".

The only people who will get rich quick are the people who started it.  They will get rich off of other people's desire to get rich quick.  Take the same money and put it into the lottery.  At least it's possible to win at that game.

and such is a pyramid scheme...

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.  I'll bet that if you checked the join date of the people claiming to be making money on their forum, there aren't any noobs around.

I actually clicked on the contact info button because I was expecting it to be based in Utah.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#12]
my cousin( i feel like i am talking shit behind his back) told me about this business. he knew i was in amway several years ago(i am ready for the onslaught). when he was explaining it to me, i couldnt see how any money was being generated. at least in amway you moved products and kept a percentage of the profit on those products. in this dailypro, yes, i am going to say it, "thing", it appears that the sole source of money comes from the people who buy into the business- no product or service bringing any money in from the outside- just the set amount of money brought in by the members switching hands. my cuz told me he invested like 900.00 or so, and was expecting a check for about 400.00 in less than a week. he told me "you cant even expect that kind of return in the stock market". now my cuz is an intelligent guy, but unless there is something that he sees that i dont, well then simple math is gonna be this guys undoing.

p.s.   tony, if you somehow come upon this thru google or some other way, please know that i didnt mean this in any way to be disrespectful. oh,you wanna fight? you wanna pull that ninja shit? better think up something better than a glass of Tang this time around, seeing i will be wearing my tactical wind,sun,dust goggles!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#13]
well, looks like she thought I was full of shit because she just "invested 200 bucks in this.

what a crock of shit
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#14]
rob78, sorry you couldn't convince her she is getting conned. CNOW is right, if there is not some type of consideration, ie goods or services exchanged for the money, then it is most likely a pyramid scheme.  My Mom was on this kick a few years back and she lost a few hundered trying different get rich quick schemes, despite my attempts to warn here to pocket here money.  These scams all depend on recruitment of new suckers to join and send in money higher up the pyramd. Eventually the recruits stop joining and the money dries up leaving the early starters with the money.  BTW they are illegal in the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top