Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 12:44:58 PM EDT

To clarify, The USE OF FIREWORKS has been banned. SO OKies, dont lite them up this New Years eve.

Until further notice, there goes New Years Eve celibrations....

I tell you what, we are over a foot behind in rain, no significant rainfall in over 50 days.

Fires burning all over, a few close to me.

Great, more carless jerks tossing cigs out thier car windows....Thansk Guys.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Move to N.M, they are legal there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Move to N.M, they are legal there.

They are legel here to, BUT since we are under a RED FLAG FIRE ALERT, they are now banned until further notice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

People DIED.   Homes destroyed.

let's keep some perspective here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Driving from West Texas back to East Texas Tuesday, starting around Weatherford all the way to Terrell, there must of been 20 fires. They were either ongoing or still smoldering.

It is freaking dry.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Just use tracers

FREE

Quoted:

I tell you what, we are over a foot behind in rain, no significant rainfall in over 50 days.

Fires burning all over, a few close to me.

Great, more carless jerks tossing cigs out thier car windows....Thansk Guys.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People DIED.   Homes destroyed.

let's keep some perspective here.

I have plenty of perspective here, thank you, seeing as how I am living right in the middle of this shit.

UPDATE Yes 1 person has died, a elderly man who had a apparent heart atack News just reported the man dies of thermal burns and smoke inhalation. while trying to put out a fire with a garden hose.

The Town of Wewoka was evacuated, lost about 9 houses, Seminole has lost about the same IIRC.UPDATE More than 60 homes and 30,000 acres burned.

Right now the hot spot seems to be in the OKC area.

Fire trucks about 10 minutes ago drove by the house with lights and sirens, Garr Corner was on fire the night before last.

Yes, I have perspecitve, Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just use tracers

FREE

Cant, as of right now.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top