Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 9:25:40 AM EDT
I use jobrelatedstuff at work.

But I am just wondering, if the company is keeping tabs, would they just see that I went to jobrelatedstuff, or that I went to jobrelatedstuff 468 times just today?

Log every post click, and every post view?
Or just the fact that I was connected to the site for such and such hours?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I log every click.. Then a program gives me a time frame based how many clicks per min.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Can be either one.  Depends on the product used.

If you have to worry about it you probably shouldn't be here dude.  Website isn't worth a job.
(If you are really concerned and not just curious that is)

My department doesn't care unless you aren't getting the expected work done.  Other departments are Nazis on it and yes we can provide a report that shows EVERY action they took on the web.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I log every click as well so I would see that you had 468 clicks on this site.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]
curious

But maybe I should limit my usage a bit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]
We're getting an internut Keyosk soon!

I'm sure I'll be screwed!  So I'm enjoying what little time I have left!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]
When I got called into the boss's office I was shown my internet usage and every click to JobRelatedStuff was logged making it the number one site I visited.  I was told to reduce my internet usage which I did....but I also now remote into my home computer and surf the net remotely and completely avoid being logged at all.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]
The program used at my work is VERY detailed.  

www.spectorsoft.com/products/SpectorPro_Windows/index.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When I got called into the boss's office I was shown my internet usage and every click to JobRelatedStuff was logged making it the number one site I visited.  I was told to reduce my internet usage which I did....but I also now remote into my home computer and surf the net remotely and completely avoid being logged at all.  

My IE usage shows up, my Firefox useage does not.  Being the firewall admin and having your own home proxy server has it's perks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I use JRS at work, too. If anybody asks, just tell them "for all your office needs"

-plus I'm the IT system guy here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I work in our IT department.  We use WebSense to monitor ALL Internet traffic.  It can block some websites that have content the company objects to.  Right now, the only things it is set to automatically block are "adult  content" and music download sites.

It can, however, be set to block other types of content, including firearms sites and political sites.  But so far, the company just doesn't care....

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top