Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 7:33:26 AM EDT
Is the war coming to a end? are Iraqi troops doing a better job of taking over?  Is it just political to show that we have some sort of exit plan?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#1]

I walked along the avenue.
I never thought I’d meet a girl like you;
Meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawny eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Exit plan is the same as always… finish the job.

This “new plan” to draw down troops contrary to the Democrats squalling and press lying has been in the works for six plus months. The Pentagon started publicly talking in JUNE about the PLAN to draw down in 2006 as the Iraqis became more able to take control.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Exit plan is the same as always… finish the job.

This “new plan” to draw down troops contrary to the Democrats squalling and press lying has been in the works for six plus months. The Pentagon started publicly talking in JUNE about the PLAN to draw down in 2006 as the Iraqis became more able to take control.

I am suprised to hear that a couple IBCT's had their deployments cancelled?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I walked along the avenue.
I never thought I’d meet a girl like you;
Meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawny eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

LOL

Iran
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
As posted above, what you're seeing is exactly what the Pentagon and Bush have been planning all along, a reduction in the numer of in country troops. By no means is it a pullout.  My little bro just got orders to go back, they ship in June. Sucks for him because he was almost set to ETS in June, had everything but a transportation date stamped.  1st CAV starts moving in June and should be at full strength by Oct. I think he said. 2 yr deployment.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
fox news reported the whole 3rd id is coming home between january and feb of next year.
I guess this is to shut up them anti war pussies
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
fox news reported the whole 3rd id is coming home between january and feb of next year.

Ft Stewart will be happy to have them back!

Probably going to send a bunch of National Guardsmen to fill the gap though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Since we're in Iraq anyway, we should pull out our combat troops through Iran and Syria. It will be like doing several chores in the same trip.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
i dunno what the plan for pullout was but this year my xmass present was being told to stand down from a pending deployment.

it ain't that i don't want to go back, i just don't want to go back so soon, just got back earlier this year. iraq cost me my marriage, and i've been out of the states since the end of 2001, so i'd like to spend some quality time here before i have to go anywhere again.

just for the record im with 1st bct of 1ID at riley.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i dunno what the plan for pullout was but this year my xmass present was being told to stand down from a pending deployment.

it ain't that i don't want to go back, i just don't want to go back so soon, just got back earlier this year. iraq cost me my marriage, and i've been out of the states since the end of 2001, so i'd like to spend some quality time here before i have to go anywhere again.

just for the record im with 1st bct of 1ID at riley.

That really sucks I hate to hear about it but it seems to happen all too often.

Was it just being away for so long that did it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats what is going to be bad our they going to replace them with guardsman or not be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard they were adding 2 new Army divisions maybe that will make the deployments shorter?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Or maybe to get those guys (and gals) home to their families where they can be safe and resume normal lives again, since they will soon be no longer needed in Iraq.

Some of you people act like every fucking soldier wants to be in Iraq. How about giving them some respect and not speaking for them.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I read they're decreasing troops by 1 or 2 thousand in afghan also though. If anything I thought they'd deploy more there as I read in stratfor's book, "america's secret war", that the u.s. intends a 3rd phase of the war on terror with bigger operations into pakistan to hunt down the taliban. They said it would already be going on but with troops overdeployed in iraq the u.s.didn't have the troops to do more in afghan.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4th ID is taking over command.

And they are decreasing troops because elections are over.  We had over 160k here for the elections.  Now that elections are over, we dont need as many people for security and whatnot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Why are folks getting to come home?  There's a little more left to do so keep it on till it's done but...

My thanks to all who serve and all who lend support to those that serve.  Y'all kick butt.

You ROCK!!!!

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Strategery.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I read they're decreasing troops by 1 or 2 thousand in afghan also though. If anything I thought they'd deploy more there as I read in stratfor's book, "america's secret war", that the u.s. intends a 3rd phase of the war on terror with bigger operations into pakistan to hunt down the taliban. They said it would already be going on but with troops overdeployed in iraq the u.s.didn't have the troops to do more in afghan.

I don’t believe the US military ever wanted or does now want more troops in the Afghan Mountains it is a bitch to support large operations in those mountains. Better to keep it manageable.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:10:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
whats the reason for pulling troops out of Iraq?  

Is the war coming to a end? are Iraqi troops doing a better job of taking over?  Is it just political to show that we have some sort of exit plan?

fear. pure, naked, gut-wrenching fear.

rummy and bush took a look at the polls and watched cnn and immediately voided their bowels.

i think they've made the decision to cut and run and will be supported by the republicans in congress. it's vietnam all over again. win incountry, lose at home. we never had enough people there to do the job right in the first place and bush lost focus. i think what they're gonna do is start pulling guys out throughout '06 leaving the iraqis to sink or swim. after the nov elections, who knows...whatever, a lot of iraqis are going to die.

i hope rumsfeld burns in hell.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#20]
granted, but it seems they were referring to infantry, most of whom were deployed to iraq, and that it was because of a lack of infantry that they couldn't really go after the taliban they way they'd prefer to. At least that's what it suggested. Also granted a lot of infantry in iraq are mech which are basically useless in the mountains of afghan.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I remember hearing a while back that they were planning a redeployment for around 2006, including sending some guys home, and making the rest more concentrated in 4 or so bases rather then patrolling all over the country.

Perfectly normal phase of operations. We let the Iraqis take more control as their military improves and their political process stabilizes. Exactly what we've been planning to to all along. This isn't a pullout, a surrender, or a sop to the anti-war whackos.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#22]
No reason?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top