Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:58:27 PM EDT
Normally, I am not a big fan of American Airlines - since they took over TWA, and have gutted St. Louis as a hub, and pretty much turned us into a minor regional airport (plus, they screwed a lot of the former TWA employees).

However, I have to give them credit.

Last week, flying down to Orlando for Christmas with the in-laws, we noticed a lot of U.S. servicemen in the airport, clearly back from Iraq.  When we boarded the plane, first class was mostly empty.  The American crew let the service personal board the plane first, and pick any first class seat they wanted.  And during the flight, the crew bent over backwards to spoil the soldiers.  

At the end of the flight, the flight crew thanked them for their service to the country over the P.A.

Very classy.  I might write them a letter.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Write the letter.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Write the letter.

+1. Good to see it. Maybe email FOX News about it too, see if they would put it on the air.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
They've been doing that for over a year now.    I also read an article where stewardesses serving on AA flights coming back from Iraq were bringing along a square piece of lawn on the flights over to pick up troops, putting it at the entry way of the plane so the troops can step on American soil when boarding the plane.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, but when are they going to put flight adendents in the lavatories to "service" our service men on their way home.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yea, but when are they going to put flight adendents in the lavatories to "service" our service men on their way home.

have you seen the flight attendants lately?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey just close your eyes and think of angelina Jolie
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't call 'em "Hags and Fags" for nothing.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#8]
As a employee of AA I take great pride with helping out the "boys"

If you want, I'll get you a good address to write a letter

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I am so FAWKING glad the liberals won't be able to turn our servicemen into "babykillers" like they did the Vietnam vets.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top