Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2005 10:00:50 AM EDT
moron uses an AIRSOFT pistol to try his hand at armed robbery, at Lews smokeshop in IDAHO,...owner gets the plastic gun stuffed into his gut. story ends with robber dead at the seen with ten rounds in him! Edit to ad:

Authorities said the suspect entered the store wearing a gray ski mask around 7:50 p.m. Monday and shoved what appeared to be a gun into the belly of the clerk behind the store counter. According to the sheriff's office, the clerk then reached down like he was picking up a bag and reached for a gun instead. The clerk then fired the weapon at the suspect, hitting him ten times.

Captain Ben Wolfinger said investigators spent the rest Monday night processing the crime scene. The suspect's gun used in the attempted robbery turned out to be an Airsoft pellet gun.

The suspect has been identified as 47-year-old Joseph Collony Hatchie of Otis Orchards, Washington. According to the sheriff's office, Hatchy did not have a criminal record.

The sheriff's office did not reveal the name of the clerk involved in the shooting. To see the entire press conference with Captain Ben Wolfinger, click on the Video-On-Demand link on the right side of this story.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]
"...Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. The fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun. (withdraws his gun) And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off."
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds like he didn't have much time to think about it or regret his actions! that's one for the good guys!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]

The suspect has been identified as 47-year-old Joseph Collony Hatchie of Otis Orchards, Washington. According to the sheriff's office, Hatchy did not have a criminal record.

Which means he'd never been caught.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I love happy endings
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't fuck with smokers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't fuck with smokers.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Funny, Airsoft Atlanta at at the top of the page while I type this.. hah!

Anyway, I'll bet the mental midget's last thought was, "$#!+, this was stu....."
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"...Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. The fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun. (withdraws his gun) And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off."

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
img425.imageshack.us/img425/6384/airsoft64zz3wd.jpg

It is a damned good thing that weapon is airsoft cause that fucker broke several of the 5 rules.

1 Never point the muzzle at anything you are not willing to destroy. Yep he got that one

2 Be sure of your target and what is behind it.  Wow that guy is a real genious

3 Keep your finger off of the trigger until ready to fire.  Ding ding ding We have a winner.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I love happy endings

+87
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmmmm,  if you intend to start a gunfight, you might want to consider bringing a gun to the event.

"Quick impression for ya.  Gimme your mon....BANG, AW FUCK I'M DEAD."
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#14]
For once, we can all point to this happy happy story and say:

"Airsoft has served at least one useful purpose, it assisted an armed citizen in reducing the criminal element by 1."

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#15]
NICE shooting!  

Ten hits.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Makes me feel all warm and squishy inside, thinking about the "OH SHIT" face that guy must have had.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#17]
This reminds me of the story I once heard about a guy who tried to rob a gunstore at knifepoint.

The results were predictable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
NICE shooting!  

Ten hits.  

Ya think the shooter knew it was airsoft???  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#19]
His airsoft tact vest didn't stop the bullets?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Which means he'd never been caught.

Or.....he just saw "Fun with Dick and Jane", and thought it would be a good idea!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#21]
The clerk was wrong to shoot him! He should have given him the money instead of killing him! He was simply trying to make a living. It's Bush's fault people like him can't find jobs. If there were no guns, there would be world peace, no world hunger, zero pollution, and we would have found the secret to interstellar space travel.  

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!! BAN AIRSOFT!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Somewhere up thier Darwin is smiling.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I can see it now *sticks gun in mans belly* Give me the money!

*shop keeper grins evily* here... BANG BANGNBANGBANG... Ya filthy animal
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I can see it now *sticks gun in mans belly* Give me the money!

*shop keeper grins evily* here... BANG BANGNBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG... Keep the ChangeYa filthy animal

Fixed it for ya.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Don't fuck with smokers.

*Hack*Hack*wheeze* "...ain't going to bother *cough*  chasing you....."
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Another smoking related death.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I just hope that each of the first nine rounds caused the asshole excruciating pain, and only the tenth one put his lights out. He got what he had coming.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted: Ya think the shooter knew it was airsoft???  
I hope so! Business should have an airsoft gun handy to plant on crooks that attempt to rob them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Someone needs to buy that man a few Hi-caps
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted: Ya think the shooter knew it was airsoft???  
I hope so! Business should have an airsoft gun handy to plant on crooks that attempt to rob them.

An "airsoft throw down piece"!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted: I hope so! Business should have an airsoft gun handy to plant on crooks that attempt to rob them.
An "airsoft throw down piece"!!  

Exactly!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#32]
6:00 news shows familiy claiming excessive force.

Ha Ha
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#33]
About the time the clerk was pointing his GUN at the perp the perp be thinking 'DAMN, I HOPE HIS BATTERY IS DEAD !  WHAT'S THAT LOUD NOISE !!!!!!'

rj
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Ski mask, toy gun, DRT. Good shootin'.

"Look pal, I just made a deposit, only got 10"

"10 bucks?"

"No bitch, ten rounds and they are all yours!"

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Good Shoot.

Bad airsofter,
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Darwin 1
Dirtbag 0

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Now that's just a damn shame.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Of course the cleark is clearly the bad guy........I'm sure there was a airsoft pistol under the counter also and he just grabbed the wrong one. Costly mistake.
In my state of maryland they would crucify the clerk in court for defending his own life. We have a duty to "cut and run" in this shitty/looney state. He took the perps right to earn a living as armed robbery was his only skill. The perp was saving for a real gun, but could only afford airsoft in the meantime. Poor idiot.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

that was the best part in "Snatch"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
6:00 news shows familiy claiming excessive force.

Ha Ha

Of course.  

Lawsuit at eleven.  

They will, of course, be wailing about how he was such a good boy and never got into any trouble.  Blah blah blah.  fuck'em.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Somewhere up thier Darwin is smiling.

Can we ger a photochopper of this with a smile?  Maybe a caption of "Got another one!"

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:07:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted: Of course.   Lawsuit at eleven.
They can't sue the clerk because the clerk has no money. And if they sue the store, the owners will just close down that branch and put it somewhere else. Whoever takes over the space will also be armed based on feedback from the previous storeowner.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:18:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Wonder if the bright orange tip clued the clerk in that the gun was an Airsoft?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#46]
There was no orange tip on the gun,...i saw it on the news and it looked to me like a semi auto 45                          and in todays news....:Having weapon at business can easily backfire on employee

POST FALLS -- Having a gun behind the counter may have protected a smoke shop clerk during an armed robbery attempt on Monday night and the case could be a deterrent to those contemplating the crime.

But some police officials still recommend not having a firearm at most businesses.

"This situation appears to have worked in (the clerk's) favor, but in many cases across the U.S. it doesn't happen that way," said Post Falls Police Lt. Scot Haug, who teaches a defensive tactics and use of force course at North Idaho College.

"You always want to discourage a shootout."

Having a weapon at a business can easily backfire on the employee, Haug said.

"What can happen is that the weapon could be turned around and used on them or bystanders can be at risk," he said. "In some types of business settings, having a firearm can cause more problems than benefits. Overall, we'd recommend not having a gun involved in these situations, but it's certainly up to the business and well within their right to have it there."

Robbery suspect Joseph Kalani Hatchie, 47, Otis Orchards, Wash., entered Lew's Smoke Shop in State Line on Monday with an unloaded air pistol. He grabbed the male clerk behind the counter, stuck the pistol into his belly and demanded money, the clerk told Kootenai County sheriff's investigators.

When the clerk reached under the counter for a bag, he came up with his own .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol and shot Hatchie 10 times. Hatchie died at the scene. The clerk's name has not been released because no charges have been filed.

Haug said he's not surprised that the clerk had a gun, especially since the smoke shop has been robbed several times in the past. If the clerk felt his life was threatened, Haug does not blame the clerk for taking the action.

It may have been one of those cases where it was justifiable to have a gun at work.

"I'm not taking a side of whether it was right or wrong, and I'm certainly not criticizing this incident," Haug said.

But he said in most cases police would rather see citizens be good witnesses until police arrive on scene.

"We need them to be a good set of eyes so that when we arrive they have a good description of the suspect," Haug said. "Generally, we'd rather not see the public take action to try to stop this type of crime."

The key on whether to allow an employee to have a gun at work is training, Haug said.

"If anyone is carrying a weapon, proper training, when to use it and when not to, is paramount," he said. "We wouldn't want to see anyone packing a gun to work without training."

Haug said weapons at businesses aren't rare or illegal.

"We know of several businesses that keep guns behind the counter," he said. "When you start looking at the crime history at a business, you have a better understanding of why the employee or business owner are taking precautions."

Haug, like Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Ben Wolfinger, said it wasn't unusual nor surprising for the clerk to shoot Hatchie 10 times.

"With a semi-automatic, you can fire off 10 rounds in a matter a couple seconds," he said. "Before that perceived threat stops, the gun can be empty."

He said people have to put themselves in the clerk's shoes.

"When you go into survival mode, your intent is to stop the threat," Haug said. "And if you stop (firing) prematurely, that threat could come back."

Haug said the case could be a deterrent for those thinking of committing such a crime.

"It certainly would be for me," he said. "I'd think twice before robbing a store. We'll never know the effects for sure, but it should send a message that this kind of stuff happens."

Neither the owner of the smoke shop nor Hatchie's family could be reached for comment.

Kootenai County Prosecutor Bill Douglas will decide whether the shooting was justifiable. The investigation will be presented to him late this week or early next week at the earliest.

Even though the clerk is technically considered a suspect, he was not taken into custody.

The air pistol Hatchie had looks identical to a Walther P-9 semi-automatic, and even has the Walther name on it. It shoots 6-mm plastic pellets.

According to a KXLY TV report, Hatchie was a husband and father of six. Both he and his wife had been laid off from their jobs and were given an eviction notice, the report stated.

Hatchie does not have a criminal record, making the case "rather unique," Wolfinger said.

The sheriff's office released no new details on the case on Wednesday.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
There was no orange tip on the gun,...i saw it on the news and it looked to me like a semi auto 45                          and in todays news....:Having weapon at business can easily backfire on employee

POST FALLS -- Having a gun behind the counter may have protected a smoke shop clerk during an armed robbery attempt on Monday night and the case could be a deterrent to those contemplating the crime.

But some police officials still recommend not having a firearm at most businesses.

"This situation appears to have worked in (the clerk's) favor, but in many cases across the U.S. it doesn't happen that way," said Post Falls Police Lt. Scot Haug, who teaches a defensive tactics and use of force course at North Idaho College.

"You always want to discourage a shootout."

Having a weapon at a business can easily backfire on the employee, Haug said.

"What can happen is that the weapon could be turned around and used on them or bystanders can be at risk," he said. "In some types of business settings, having a firearm can cause more problems than benefits. Overall, we'd recommend not having a gun involved in these situations, but it's certainly up to the business and well within their right to have it there."

Robbery suspect Joseph Kalani Hatchie, 47, Otis Orchards, Wash., entered Lew's Smoke Shop in State Line on Monday with an unloaded air pistol. He grabbed the male clerk behind the counter, stuck the pistol into his belly and demanded money, the clerk told Kootenai County sheriff's investigators.

When the clerk reached under the counter for a bag, he came up with his own .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol and shot Hatchie 10 times. Hatchie died at the scene. The clerk's name has not been released because no charges have been filed.

Haug said he's not surprised that the clerk had a gun, especially since the smoke shop has been robbed several times in the past. If the clerk felt his life was threatened, Haug does not blame the clerk for taking the action.

It may have been one of those cases where it was justifiable to have a gun at work.

"I'm not taking a side of whether it was right or wrong, and I'm certainly not criticizing this incident," Haug said.

But he said in most cases police would rather see citizens be good witnesses until police arrive on scene.

"We need them to be a good set of eyes so that when we arrive they have a good description of the suspect," Haug said. "Generally, we'd rather not see the public take action to try to stop this type of crime."

The key on whether to allow an employee to have a gun at work is training, Haug said.

"If anyone is carrying a weapon, proper training, when to use it and when not to, is paramount," he said. "We wouldn't want to see anyone packing a gun to work without training."

Haug said weapons at businesses aren't rare or illegal.

"We know of several businesses that keep guns behind the counter," he said. "When you start looking at the crime history at a business, you have a better understanding of why the employee or business owner are taking precautions."

Haug, like Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Ben Wolfinger, said it wasn't unusual nor surprising for the clerk to shoot Hatchie 10 times.

"With a semi-automatic, you can fire off 10 rounds in a matter a couple seconds," he said. "Before that perceived threat stops, the gun can be empty."

He said people have to put themselves in the clerk's shoes.

"When you go into survival mode, your intent is to stop the threat," Haug said. "And if you stop (firing) prematurely, that threat could come back."

Haug said the case could be a deterrent for those thinking of committing such a crime.

"It certainly would be for me," he said. "I'd think twice before robbing a store. We'll never know the effects for sure, but it should send a message that this kind of stuff happens."

Neither the owner of the smoke shop nor Hatchie's family could be reached for comment.

Kootenai County Prosecutor Bill Douglas will decide whether the shooting was justifiable. The investigation will be presented to him late this week or early next week at the earliest.

Even though the clerk is technically considered a suspect, he was not taken into custody.

The air pistol Hatchie had looks identical to a Walther P-9 semi-automatic, and even has the Walther name on it. It shoots 6-mm plastic pellets.

According to a KXLY TV report, Hatchie was a husband and father of six. Both he and his wife had been laid off from their jobs and were given an eviction notice, the report stated.

Hatchie does not have a criminal record, making the case "rather unique," Wolfinger said.

The sheriff's office released no new details on the case on Wednesday.

I love how the Libtards ALWAYS pull this BS after a favorable shooting, expecting us to believe being a sheeple is safer than being a wolf

Im SO tired of this sheeeit
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#49]

This is one of the few things he said that made sense.

Do ya think?

Somebody send this guy Lott's book on guns and crime.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#50]
I LOVE elitist LEOs.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top