Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 9:22:18 AM EDT
My neice is 27 and getting married.  I should be happy and throw big party.  I will not attend wedding or anything else to do with this event.

I am so sad instead, it actually hurts.

She is marrying a Mexican.  He has done jail time for illegal drug distribution.  He has stolen her school money.  What is worse is he has twice beaten her into the hospital, once she was unconsicious upon arrival.  His mother says "you will get used to the beatings", his father said "you have beat her every so often to keep them in there place".  The groom works in a pottery store, the bride works for Southwest as a stewardess.

I would like to see her happy but I fear soon she will be dead.  

I want to remember her as a happy girl, not as a poster child for domestic violence.  

It hurts to have the child you cared for choosing a life of masochism.

I hope the groom gets involved in a "drug deal gone bad".  Would probably save my neices life.  Where are the gangbangers when you need them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW this wont last too long....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#2]
bad things happen to bad people, if you know what I mean
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a shame it's not legal to do what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing good will come of this. They only get more violent.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
There is nothing you can do, you say one word and all of a sudden you are the evil racist.

She knows better, what does she expect?

I am just curious why did she fall for this scum bag?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
That is what sucks...you simply cannot underestimate the power of people who want to hurt themselves.  No matter how much you care for them or how hard you try to protect them, they will only see the light on their own schedule...and maybe never.    Battered wife syndrome...

One other thing, is there really anything wrong with her marrying a Mexican?  It's the moral fiber/character of a person, not their race.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is nothing you can do, you say one word and all of a sudden you are the evil racist.

She knows better, what does she expect?

I am just curious why did she fall for this scum bag?

Are you kidding?  Did you read the quotes from the parents?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Shitty situation, if it were my neice, I would have a nice face to face with him just to lay out the ground rules. If EVER hear of you harming even a hair on her head, you will not like our next "face to face"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't be mad at her. The legally retarded need loving too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I vote for a pre-emptive strike. Somebody in that relationship is going to end up seriously injured. Which one would you want it to be?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My neice is 27 and getting married.  I should be happy and throw big party.  I will not attend wedding or anything else to do with this event.

I am so sad instead, it actually hurts.

She is marrying a Mexican.  He has done jail time for illegal drug distribution.  He has stolen her school money.  What is worse is he has twice beaten her into the hospital, once she was unconsicious upon arrival.  His mother says "you will get used to the beatings", his father said "you have beat her every so often to keep them in there place".  The groom works in a pottery store, the bride works for Southwest as a stewardess.

I would like to see her happy but I fear soon she will be dead.  

I want to remember her as a happy girl, not as a poster child for domestic violence.  

It hurts to have the child you cared for choosing a life of masochism.

I hope the groom gets involved in a "drug deal gone bad".  Would probably save my neices life.  Where are the gangbangers when you need them.

This may sound cold but its all "Third Bucket" stuff. NOT your control and nothing you can really do about it short of legal issues. Ive seen it and wondered WTF are this women thinking? Some smarten up and some dont. Lets hope she smartens up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me be the first to cast a vote for:

SSS
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, as a father of two daughters I'm having trouble coming up with a civil post.

First, somebody who beats a woman to keep her in her place is NOT a man.

Secondly, there is no reason for someone to "get used to" beatings as a normal part of wedded bliss.

She is making the biggest mistake of her life.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

SSS

Yup
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Call imagration.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#16]
What the hell is up with her parents?  Don't they know any of this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Why was this fuckstain allowed to keep breathing after the first beating, or theft?  Doesn't your family care for each other? Goddamn! What have men become?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#18]
You have 4 options, as I see them. The first 3, you can never let your niece know you did, or she will hate you for life. She obviously loves him, God knows why.

1. Organize his murder, whether a simple SSS or a public hanging. Highly illegal, definitely immoral, and will most likely get your ass in jail for a long, long time. I very highly recommend that you do not even consider this.

2. Put the fear of God into him, or, more precisely, the fear of you. Tell him that if he harms one hair on his head, ever, he will spend many hours wishing that either he or you were never born. Make sure he knows how serious you are. This is of questionable legality (probably illegal, falling under assault or violent threatening), and holds the danger that his buddies will harm or kill you or your family to teach you not to threaten him.

3. Get him arrested when there is evidence that he's violent against her. Make sure it's an anonymous tip, so your niece doesn't end up hating you, and make sure that your state will continue prosecution if she doesn't want to charge him (some states will do that, some states won't). This is the only path I recommend.

and then there's

4. You can just let it be. You can let him beat her to injury or death, and just hope that she sees where she went wrong and manages to escape him. No matter what, this leads to misery and agony for you and yours.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Shitty situation, if it were my neice, I would have a nice face to face with him just to lay out the ground rules. If EVER hear of you harming even a hair on her head, you will not like our next "face to face"

That should have already happened seeing she's already been beaten to the point of needing to go to the hospital twice.

I've played the hero many times, helping out my wife's friends that have been in simular situations and I've grown sick of it. Whats the point of kicking some guy's ass (and going to jail for it) when the stupid bitch will just go right back to him? Some people just aren't happy unless they are being abused.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#20]
My depressing story is the girl I was supposed to marry ended up dumping me and moving in with a guy just like that.

Still got the blues. Pray for her man, that's about all you can do.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've played the hero many times, helping out my wife's friends that have been in simular situations and I've grown sick of it. Whats the point of kicking some guy's ass (and going to jail for it) when the stupid bitch will just go right back to him? Some people just aren't happy unless they are being abused.

Good posting, it blows but it is true, she is not being forced to marry this guy she wants to.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Call immigration.

This one might just be a win-win.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

SSS

What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

SLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAP

+2
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Okay, I am going put my two cent in the ring.

My daughter just married a Mexican too. He is an outstanding fellow and I am proud to have him as a SIL. In fact, I took him to the range and introduced him to my range buddy's. He spent some time in the Army so he can't be all bad.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing with the Mexicans as to the beatings. My SIL's mother left his father for being a brute. How many generations is he removed from being an illegal?

As far as your situation, I would vote for a serious face to face. It's about all you can do until he screws up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
She's a grown woman, able to make her own choices.  Obviously she's a mental case.  Sorry, but there's nothing you can reasonably do.  I can only imagine how hard it must be.  Again--sorry.  

+1
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I would have a face to face with him and let him know in no uncertain terms what will happen if his behaviour continues, plus keep an eye out for other Illegal activity and drop anonymous tips the the Police
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#28]
She is making the biggest mistake of her life. Very said indeed! Don't know what else to say.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
She's a grown woman, able to make her own choices.  Obviously she's a mental case.  Sorry, but there's nothing you can reasonably do.  I can only imagine how hard it must be.  Again--sorry.  

There is really nothing you can do in a positive manner exept participate to show her that you support her no matter what.

Sometimes loved ones with issues need and crave this kind of support.

Sometimes non-participation from family members will thrust them deeper into enemy territory.

Sounds like a lot of her self destructive and inmature actions and decisions are based on low self-esteem and a unhealthy need to be the center of attention.

At age twenty-seven she has probably been experiancing inadaquacey issues like this for years.

This is nothing new for many young women going through this sort of personnal crisis.

Might I suggest if you love her go to the wedding and show some family support for her and gain all the intell you can about the husband ,inlaws and their family friends.

Ease-drop on their conversations,ID what vehicles belong to who in parking lot and read names and addreses in wedding regestry and transcribe, for this information may become valuable at a latter date.

Take camera with plenty of film and photo ID every last one of them and attach your notes after the film has been developed.

Believe me I know this will be a very diffucult thing to do.

This kind of support for a recipe for disaster completley goes against the typical male attitude.

This however will be for her and not them!

But latter on when things go wrong and she sees the error of her ways she may very well turn to you to help her get away from these sociopathic idiots and you will be better prepared to deal with it knowing the general lay-out.

I have delt with somthing like this in my own family and do understand your frustration and feelings of helplessness.

It will take time and effort but humbling yourself to help loved ones always pays off in spades my friend and that is true treasure that no one can take away.

The successfull outcome of this deliemma may very well rest in your hands.

If it bothers you a great deal then by all means get involved.

People do come to their senses everyday with the help from people they love.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#30]
first thing..... erase this post and ask everyone that contributes to do so also. second, play baseball with his knee caps.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Buy her like 9mm Kahr with a card that says "Third strike and he's out"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Peices of Shit come in all colors, Nationalities have nothing to do with it.  

The fact that he is flag pole with a big red flag she has already seen makes her seem "not right in the head".  

She must be thinking something will change, hopefully this lesson will not cost her her life, by death or time.  

If it were me, I would tell him what I thought of him, 'them', and the fact that she is still going to marry him.  What do I care if they hate me?  Some people are just dumb.  (I speak from experience, but not because I knew ahead of time!) Dumb can be repaired, dead can't.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry to here it.  Hopefully she wises up before something bad happens.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#35]

I now you wont do it, but take him for a walk down by the pier and talk to him. Knock him out When he awakens from his nap he will notice the nice water walking shoes you made for him. Let him try them out, and FAGETABOUTIT

Cement shoes is a slang term adopted by the American Mafia crime world for a method of execution that involves weighting down a victim and throwing him or her into the water to drown. It has become adopted in the US as a humorous term representating any exotic threat from criminals.

Cement shoes traditionally involves a victim placing each foot into the two spaces of a cinderblock, which is then filled with wet cement. When the cement hardens, the victim is thrown into a river, lake or even the ocean.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Why was this fuckstain allowed to keep breathing after the first beating, or theft?  Doesn't your family care for each other? Goddamn! What have men become?

+10,000,000
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#38]
It has happened before, the wife of a wife beater somehow enrages him
so much that he gets access to a gun or knife and
brutally kills her and anyone else nearby, including relatives.

This will sound cold and harsh:

Expect to have a phone call from a detective at 4 AM.

Do your damndest to get rid of this vermin.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#39]
She is a grown woman and will make her own bad mistakes, but I would still beat that little fuckers ass into the hospital for laying hands on family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top