Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 8:31:16 AM EDT
I keep getting this virus alert,

it says it an ADWARE type and the file is ddcyy.dll.
My anti-virus software can't delete or clean it. And the message keeps popping up. How do I fix this?

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're 100% sure it's a virus file, just change the extension to .abc or something that will make it not work.  I had a virus on AIM and that was the only way to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you try deleting it in safe mode?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you try deleting it in safe mode?

no, I didn't try that.(not too computer literate)

thanks

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
try adaware and spybot?

try zone alarm security suite? they have a free download trial free trial
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#6]
found this not sure if it the same
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#7]
If you ever want to know what any file on any OS ever does--if you think it's a virus or not--you can just enter it in Google and search:
www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=ddcyy.dll+&btnG=Search
If it's a regular program or OS file there will likely be some info about it, and if it is a virus, trojan or spyware, there will be info as well--uhnless you happen to luck out and catch it very early on.  
~~~~~~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top