Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 7:38:57 AM EDT
I couldn't find the trailer, but if anyone can post it , please do.
Anyway some info...

www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, it being directed by Guillermo del Toro, one of my favorite directors. Might be pretty decent.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, Hollyweird has a bad way of turning good movie ideas/good games into shit spectaculary movies.

I fear Halo will end up in the same fashion, even with Bungie watching closely.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]
anybody see "doom"? how was that?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It was ok. They fucked up the entire plot though. It wasn't about hell or demons. It was about a virus or extra chromosome that mutated people. Think Resident Evil.

My biggest question is... WHY in the flying fuck does hollywood have to fuck up and change the story of a book or game so much when they translate it to the big screen. I understand minor changes, but when you change the entire freaking premise, it's not really the same thing now is it?

It reminds me of the movie Starship Troopers. They had a script and idea for a film called "Bug Hunt." When they realized the similarities between Starship Troopers, they bought the rights to the name for a movie and altered "Bug Hunt" to make it slightly resemble the ST universe, even though the entire freaking premise changed (no powered suits, no high tech intelligent bugs, no other aliens).

Granted, there's no telling how HALO will turn out yet, but I think everybody should just assume that they'll fuck it up (as usual).
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Joaquin: Way too early for any trailers.  The movie is scheduled for 2007 release, and they are in the preliminary stages of making this movie.  You probably won't get any trailer material until the movie is finish shooting and in post-production.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was ok. They fucked up the entire plot though. It wasn't about hell or demons. It was about a virus or extra chromosome that mutated people. Think Resident Evil.

My biggest question is... WHY in the flying fuck does hollywood have to fuck and change the story of a book or game so much when they translate it to the big screen. I understand minor changes, but when you change the entire freaking premise, it's not really the same thing now is it?

Hmm.  Resident Evil without Milla Jovovovich?  I think I'll pass.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#9]
This movie will suck hard.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

But will it suck harder than the game?  I say yes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof that there is one in every crowd.

You are the only person I've ever heard that said that Halo sucked.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof that there is one in every crowd.

You are the only person I've ever heard that said that Halo sucked.

Sorry, with the exception of the Resident Evil series I only like games that are half-way believable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top