Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 4:37:02 AM EDT
Does anybody have a link to information regarding how the Officer is supposed to park his vehicle?

All states or just GA, would be nice.  Especially with locality regulations.

The other night I was on my way home on a four lane, semi-divided surface street and it was dark.  I passed a business  on the right and in the driveway was a Cherokee County Sheriff.  The nose of his car was ~1ft from the travel lanes and he had no lights on at all, just the reflective letters on the side of the car.  He was in the open, but with the lighting in the area, simply made him invisible.  His buddy was in the gore on the left hand side of the lanes I was traveling in.  HIS lights on the rear of the car were not on.

This second car is my big issue, as people use the left lane to turn left and go straight and the right lane is for right turning traffic.  it would be VERY easy for someone to get distracted by the cop over on the right, and slam right into the ass end of the cop on the left.

As far as I was aware there are line of sight limitations on distance, to prevent entrapment (eg, no cop hiding behind the bushes) and also lighting restrictions, so the police car does not create a hazardous situation, like an unlit barrier in the roadway.  

Whatta think?  any real info out there?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well a traffic hazard is a traffic hazard regardless of who is causing it. As far as entrapment it does not apply. Because not advertising who you are and what your doing does not cause an otherwise lawful person to break the law.

I used to like the left hand turn lane on our 2 lane divided hwy. You sit there with your turn signal on and shoot oncoming traffic until someone is behind you to turn. Most times it took just a little over your normal wait to turn before you got a nice 20 over.

operator out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top