Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 4:32:53 AM EDT
Over the past month I have read articles from two gun control states, New York and Massachusetts.  Stating that the reason their gun control laws are not working is that guns are coming in from states with laxer gun laws. Know liberals in other states want to control our gun rights. Most liberals blame others when their plans don’t work. Gun laws aren’t working in my state because of Texas, Maine, or some other state. When will they wake up and admit gun laws don’t work! It’s not my fault crime has failed to go down after we banned handguns it’s the other states fault. Just watch they are going to push some laws making it illegal for you to transport your guns across state lines. Ignoring the fact that states with conceal and carry permits have lower crime rates then they do.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]
that's not a new trend but is sop for the gun grabbers. i think it's kinda played out with regular folks...i hope...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
liberals what can you do?  can't live with them, can't eat 'em for dinner (too sour)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Liberal way of life>>>   It's always someone elses fault.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
This is nothing new.  For years the big city mayors in Chicago and D.C. have been arguing that gun crime in their cities is all the fault of guns being imported from the surrounding suburbs.  New York City has been arguing for years that there is a "gun pipeline" from the southern states (particularly, Georgia) into New York City.
We are hearing this shit here in SE PA now.  Mayor Street and his cronies in Philly are trying to argue that the increasing rates of gun related murder and mayhem in Philly are due to guns being imported into town from the surrounding counties.  And we've been hearing this same bullshit from New Jersey/Camden, etc.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Over the past month I have read articles from two gun control states, New York and Massachusetts.  Stating that the reason their gun control laws are not working is that guns are coming in from states with laxer gun laws.

It's the same excuse the Communists used in the Soviet Union for years. "Our glorious and righteous plans are being prevented from succeeding by those who don't think as we do".

ckmorley
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Over the past month I have read articles from two gun control states, New York and Massachusetts.  Stating that the reason their gun control laws are not working is that guns are coming in from states with laxer gun laws. Know liberals in other states want to control our gun rights. Most liberals blame others when their plans don’t work. Gun laws aren’t working in my state because of Texas, Maine, or some other state. When will they wake up and admit gun laws don’t work! It’s not my fault crime has failed to go down after we banned handguns it’s the other states fault. Just watch they are going to push some laws making it illegal for you to transport your guns across state lines. Ignoring the fact that states with conceal and carry permits have lower crime rates then they do.

Might want to add Canada to your list
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:05:23 AM EDT
[#7]
So if you can buy all the guns you want in Alabama, why isn't the murder rate in Alabama higher than New York City?
In NYC, to get a gun you have to smuggle one in, etc. Since it is harder to get a gun in NYC, the rate should be lower, right?

Maybe the mayors need to look at their stupid welfare policies that allow plenty of people to have all day to plan crimes, do drugs, and drink their days away. I think that is the leading cause of gun violence.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The liberal gun control people have not read the US constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed--unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms" James Madison, The Federalist Papers

""The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed" Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers.

The men who crafted the Bill of Rights included a codified, permanent acknowledgement of the right Thomas Jefferson articulated in the Declartion of Independence to "...alter or to abolish it(the existing government) and to institute new Government..."

At the onset of the Revolution, citizen militia outnumbered Colonial 'Regulars' more than two to one, and of the 200,000-plus individuals that fought in the War, more than half were simply men grabbing their rifle and heading out the door.  During Revolutionary times, it should be noted that while 'quality' may have varied, the citizen militia possessed the same design of firearm that the Redcoats had.  Were the Colonials armed with sowords, the British whould have shot them to pieces.

England and Australia are island nations.  There is no nearby place for illegal guns to come from.  Yet in both countries violent crime has gone UP since their gun bans.

"An armed society is a polite society.  Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." RA Heinlein. Beyond This Horizon.1942.

If there is one enemy of the people, one enemy which has in the last century murdered hundreds of millions of its own citizens, it is the state.  The founding fathers knew this and that is why they wrote the 2nd ammendment.  If anyone has any doubt as to its necessity, let him count the number of Soviet citizens killed by their state or the number of Chinese citizens killed by their own government.  The list of such crimes goes on.  Those who wish to take away the people's right to own arms, wish to enslave the people.  Liberals believe that the nanny state will take care of us.  We would do much better taking care of ourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top