Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2001 9:03:16 PM EDT
If you have high blood pressure don't look at this website. It makes me wish bayonet charges weren't obsolete.

[url]http://www.plp.org/[/url]

Link Posted: 8/4/2001 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It made me laugh.  These people are just plain entertaining.  Progressive Labor Party!? HAHAHA
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
BP is 116/78
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Art,

What kind of car do you run. I used to pit on a TA/F. Lots of fun, we ran a Donovan with M&B heads and intake. Old time gear but we ran hard.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing that fast !!

Just an expensive hobby for me...
Haven't raced much since I got married 2 yrs ago...

Got a Pro-Street '70 Camaro.
BBC w/NOS...
Last I ran it was Sept '00.
Went 8.46 @ 159.85...
(w/DOT tires & mufflers)
I'll probably bring it out again next Spring to play a little...
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
8.40's at 160 is humping it up for a sreet car, especially running mufflers and DOT's. Do they make you were a fire suit and run with a chute?

Are you running a ProShot type system plumbed into the manifold or a carb plate? Running laughing gas is the way to go with a sreet car. No blower to wear out or blow up, no turbo to seize up, no tuning problems, just flip a switch and go.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
8.40's at 160 is humping it up for a sreet car, especially running mufflers and DOT's. Do they make you were a fire suit and run with a chute?

Are you running a ProShot type system plumbed into the manifold or a carb plate? Running laughing gas is the way to go with a sreet car. No blower to wear out or blow up, no turbo to seize up, no tuning problems, just flip a switch and go.
View Quote

I wear a full face Simpson helmet and the fire proof stuff is mandatory...
(Jacket, pants & gloves)
Also 'gotta wear the neck collar.
It gets really FRIGGIN hot in the summer...
In addition to that stuff, an "NHRA certified" full rollcage is mandatory, along with a 5-point restraint system, window net and yes, a parachute...
Actually, all that gear really makes you feel safe. Too bad it costs so damn much...

The NOS system I was using last Fall, was only a "plate" system...
Good for about 350 HP.
Over the Winter, I sold the plate system and replaced it with a "Fogger" system...
Good for 500 HP...
Right now it's only jetted at 240 HP. I haven't run the Fogger yet, But, I wanna slowly work my way up to the 500 Horse jets to see if the car will stay hooked.
It should go 8.30's, and maybe even squeek into the 8.20's on a cool day...
I can't afford it this year anymore, so it'll have to wait 'till spring...

(edited for speeling)
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Height 182.5cm
Weight 97kg
Age 41
Blood Pressure 130/70
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top