Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 8:08:55 PM EDT
Im still trying to find some shoes.  I hate trying to quess my size or remember it from last time I tried them on.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?  You don't know your own shoe size?  How old are you?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/two_way_shoe_stretcher_large.html

As long as you get the shoe in the store within a ball park, it'll do the small details.

BTW: Red Wing Boots last forever, so you don't need to go to the stores as often. I've had mine for 4 years, no issues.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Have your woman go with you.  Simple enough.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Current shoes are Danners in 9.5, if I get some shoes in 9.5 I cant get them on unless I try like hell then they arent comfortable to wear, others 9.5 is too damn loose.

Last time I shopped for shoes was 2002 also
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have a woman?

I didnt know that....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im still trying to find some shoes.  I hate trying to quess my size or remember it from last time I tried them on.

Maybe you could check inside one of your current pairs of shoes to see what size THEY are and go from there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Current shoes are Danners in 9.5, if I get some shoes in 9.5 I cant get them on unless I try like hell then they arent comfortable to wear, others 9.5 is too damn loose.

Last time I shopped for shoes was 2002 also

There's your problem.  Your feet keep growing then shrinking.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kill yourself now.

Cant gotta get rid of this stuff first.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at the tag on the shoes you're wearing.  Usually it says what size it is ...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#11]
... Dang bro, I've never "met" anyone so miserable when it come to life's daily chores.

... Sure, I don't like "shoe shopping" either, but by damn - when it's time, I go at it with Gusto! I don't have any poorly fitting shoes (and I have the quintessential lousy foot-size 12½ for those that suffer the same affliction).

... But dayum dude, make the best of it or go spend the money somewhere where you wish to!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Remember that thread about the guy asking about ground beef being used for hamburghers?

Yeah... this thread is it's brother...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
... Dang bro, I've never "met" anyone so miserable when it come to life's daily chores.

... Sure, I don't like "shoe shopping" either, but by damn - when it's time, I go at it with Gusto! I don't have any poorly fitting shoes (and I have the quintessential lousy foot-size 12½ for those that suffer the same affliction).

... But dayum dude, make the best of it or go spend the money somewhere where you wish to!

Well Im going to have to order stuff since everything local I seen falls into, overprices somkind of psort I dont care about shoes, Timberlands which are the new "thung wear" here, and not much else.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I do too.  I have flat feet in size 13 so finding comfortable shoes is most important.

It generally takes me about 3 months of making the rounds to all of the shoe stores before I find something suitable.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe these are more your speed.  Maybe you could try a bowling alley and fit yourself.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a woman?

I didnt know that....

Uhhh, go get one.  Maybe your mom?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a woman?

I didnt know that....

Uhhh, go get one.  Maybe your mom?

She wants to drag me into the places I dont care to go, like normal.

Last woman doesnt answer when I call, so I gave up on that as of 8pm today
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#18]
you think it sucks? try having size 13/14 feet (what size shoe I get varies on the manufacturer).  The only way to get my size in the style (assuming they actually make that style is the larger sizes) I want is to order from zappos.com

ETA: Aside from that problem I actually enjoy getting new shoes, problem is I'm afraid to scuff them up.  In november I bought some new DCs and Pumas, but havn't worn them outside yet since the weathers been lousy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Alright, twist my arm.  I'll take you out to buy some shoes.....
Geez, guys can't do anything.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Taxman, being a Georgia boy, surely you know you don't need any shoes.  Any southerner worth his salt has calloused feet and don't need no stinkin' shoes.

Lawdog (barefoot and free in Dixie)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got big feet for a gal.  Shoe shopping is hell!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
you think it sucks? try having size 13/14 feet (what size shoe I get varies on the manufacturer).  The only way to get my size in the style (assuming they actually make that style is the larger sizes) I want is to order from zappos.com

ETA: Aside from that problem I actually enjoy getting new shoes, problem is I'm afraid to scuff them up.  In november I bought some new DCs and Pumas, but havn't worn them outside yet since the weathers been lousy.

Hello!  You wear a size 13/14?  Just Im me your phone number!
J/k  well, maybe...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ok, I'll tell my size if you tell yours?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wear an 11.  Most local stores only carry up to a 10.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Dont be cheap and buy some Redwings.  If ya take care of them they'll last 1 1/2 to 2 years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wear an 11.  Most local stores only carry up to a 10.

Alright, you beat me, I only wear a 10.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/k  well, maybe...

you don't need my number, isn't everything bigger in TX?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/k  well, maybe...

Show me exactly where to find it.  Maybe I should just go to a gunshow?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/k  well, maybe...

Show me exactly where to find it.  Maybe I should just go to a gunshow?

I don't know where to go in TX, I'm a CT boy born and raised.  Its just what every Texan I've ever met said, with the exception of a girl from austin I met who retracted her opinion quickly after spending some time in CT with me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#30]
11 EE. Difficult to find 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I wear a size 12 in Nike, an 11 1/2 to a 12 in Reebok.  Reeboks are wider, but Nike's have better arch support.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#32]
i used to sell shoes...  one thing i hated was when adults came in and asked me to measure their feet.  how can you not know what size shoe you need???

ask for the same size you have right now.  if it's too tight or too loose, go with one half a size bigger or smaller.

btw, if you need the salesperson to measure your feet, please make sure your feet don't smell like shit.  i had a few people who came very close to making me throw up
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
11 EE. Difficult to find 90% of the time.

Try wearing 14 EEEE.  Almost no shoe store carries shoes that size.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Just tape a pair of shoe boxes to your feet, or maybe use nails.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I find it funny that this thread has a LOT of female members posting in it.  Oh, wait, the title had something about "shoes" so that makes sense I guess
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a pair of New Balance running shoes (12.5 4E) and they are a little too narrow.

Wide feet suck.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:32:18 AM EDT
[#37]
The steel on my boots are showing,I think it's time I went shoe shopping.I need some boots that are steel toed and have good traction on ice.

the steel part is easy,it's the traction I have trouble with.Besides crampons,does anyone know of a boot that won't slip or slide when on ice ?

Personally,i don't think they exist.

Taxman,you seem like a cool guy,just take it easy around this time of year.If buying shoes are stressing you out,I can't imagine what you must be like during tax time*

*Assuming since your name is Taxman,you do peoples taxes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

They say if you come all the out of the closet, it's easier to try on the shoes.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top