Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:02:09 PM EDT
I've heard that Brownell's offers a discount to C&R FFL holders.  Does MidwayUSA do the same?  How do the discounts work?  Are they fixed percentages off the regular posted prices (and, if so, what is the percentage), or are they varying discounts depending on the individual item?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They're not a fixed percentage and vary by product. Some discounts are very substantial and have more than paid for my C&R.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They're not a fixed percentage and vary by product. Some discounts are very substantial and have more than paid for my C&R.

yes
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I've been thinking about applying for a C&R and was wondering if the discounts are just a token benefit or actually substantial savings.  I guess I'll have to just get a C&R and see for myself.

Can anyone give me feel for the discounts they offer on optics like Aimpoint and Leupold?  If your FFL dealer agreement with Midway/Brownells prevents you from disclosing that information but you are willing to IM me, I assure you that I will not reveal the information.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You can figure out the Brownell's discount in the regular printed catalog (not online) if you know the secret code. Look for a series of letters and numbers like this:

AG77B42 = The discount price is $77.42 (the AG & B are irrelevant letters)

...but some items offer no discount. Why? Who knows. Usually it's gunsmithing tools and the like. These items are coded as:

GH00N00 = The 0's in the price mean that there is no doscount.

For Midway, you just need to log in to their website with your FFL account (C&R or otherwise) and the discount prices show up.

As someone already said, the discounts are variable, sometimes big and sometimes not much. I typically shop the two against eachother, but with the C&R discount I do get, I virtually NEVER buy from anywhere other than these two stores.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Midway's discounts are quite good.

I just ordered 1,000 rounds of wolf .223 for $104, for example. Reloading supplies and equipment are very good too.

Also, they carry DPMS uppers and parts, which is a decent discount.

It's VERY worth the $30 and small hassle to get those discounts.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Wilson Combat 47D mags for less than $21 ( M1911)  Retail $25+   ( brownells C&R discount)

Midway has complete DPMS uppers with about a $100 discount.

Yes it is definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks.  I've been thinking about applying for a C&R and was wondering if the discounts are just a token benefit or actually substantial savings.  I guess I'll have to just get a C&R and see for myself.

Can anyone give me feel for the discounts they offer on optics like Aimpoint and Leupold?  If your FFL dealer agreement with Midway/Brownells prevents you from disclosing that information but you are willing to IM me, I assure you that I will not reveal the information.

Brownell's doesn't offer too many Leupold products, but here is an example from Midway:

Leupold Mark 4 Long Range Tactical M1 Scope 30mm Tube 4.5-14x 50mm Side Focus Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle Matte
Product #: 263910
Dealer Price: $864.80
Retail Price: $1,049.99

I'd say the ~$30 fee every 3 years for the C&R is worth it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top