Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:24:50 PM EDT
I want to be able to go buy some software at Best Buy that I can feed into my puter to easilly store and download my digital photos. I've got the expensive "Adobe Photoshop Elements 4" software, but the wife and I gave up on it after we each spent about 30 minutes or more jacking with it. ( if I wanted to read a 197 page instruction book I'D HAVE STAYED IN SCHOOL AND STUDIED TO BE A BRAIN SURGEON!)  

I've made good use of the Cannon Zoom Browser software for the last 3 years and liked it,  but it's crashed twice on me already causing me to lose a lot of good photos.

What software are you guys using  that I don't have to be a computer wizard?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Photoshop everyday for work, if you want to give it another try I'd be happy to give you some tips. Though it's not made for downloading photos, it's for editing & such.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using Photoshop CS2. I didn't find it to be that hard to use. There are a lot of functions I'm sure I'm not using, but for what I need it works great. Get one of the "for dummies" books or the likes. They give great over views of the program. Plus, you can't beat the power of Photoshop if you know how to use it properly. (That's probably why they charge $600 for it )

Kris
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Adobe Photoshop CS2 for editing.

Photodex CompuPic Pro for viewing/resizing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
CS2
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Photoshop Elements for scanning pictures.

I use ACDSee for viewing/modifying.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
acdsee might work for you
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Just to clarify what I'm trying to accomplish;

I'm not looking for a means to enhance photos as much as I just want to be able to easilly use them in classifieds or post them on my threads in the forums, or use them quickly as E mail attachments. I realize I will still likely have to use photobucket or some other service to do this as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Right now, nothing. We installed the Kodak stuff that came with the wifes digital camera, but it overwrote something in the computers software so that any pic on the drive had to be opened with the Kodak program. We couldn't figure out how to selectively install portions of the program to avoid that, even after talking to one of our computer guru friends, so we uninstalled the software.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just to clarify what I'm trying to accomplish;

I'm not looking for a means to enhance photos as much as I just want to be able to easilly use them in classifieds or post them on my threads in the forums, or use them quickly as E mail attachments. I realize I will still likely have to use photobucket or some other service to do this as well.

Then I would second NoVaGator's recommendation that you try acdsee.  You also might want to try the free Picasa software from Google.  It is designed for people like you who don't want to make a career out of their photo software.  Some of my friends use it and report that it is easy to use for organizing photos and performing simple editing such as cropping, resizing, adjusting brightness, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top