Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 6:17:32 PM EDT
Might want to keep the crooks from knowing what you got.

Break down all the boxes of high dollar stuff. Destroy any tags reciepts etc.. and put the garbage out the morning of pickup. Just use your head and dont advertise or leave opportunity.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw everyone here putting thiers out today.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My father used to do the same thing when we were growing up.  Cut up all the boxes and stuff them in garbage bags.  But then again he was a LEO, and was always on the lookout.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Gone monday
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
already done
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.

Filled the dumpster.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a nice bonfire last night  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, it was funny in the complex Tuesday morning, all the TV boxes, computer boxes, etc. Target rich enviroment for the bad guys. Luckily the illegal aliens who are the yard crew worked on Monday.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My father used to do the same thing when we were growing up.  Cut up all the boxes and stuff them in garbage bags.  But then again he was a LEO, and was always on the lookout.

Great minds think alike.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Have I put out my Christmas garbage yet?  

No, my wife's family didn't come over this year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Went to put my garbage in my cans in the alley, garbage can was missing, found it sitting outside the neighbors back door filled to the brim along with thier 3 garbage cans filled as well. I wanted to dump their garbage on their back door but my wife is less aggressive, I guess we will wait until the cans are emptied so we can fill them up with our refuse. What is up with people, I'd expect this from the "undocumented workers" that live on either side of me, instead it was the white trash that work for city maintenance that live across the alley.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Might want to keep the crooks from knowing what you got.

Break down all the boxes of high dollar stuff. Destroy any tags reciepts etc.. and put the garbage out the morning of pickup. Just use your head and dont advertise or leave opportunity.

The boxes are broken down and set out for recycling. The wrapping paper is traditionally burned, but we have a new county law that prohibits burning anything, so from now on we'll have to set it out with the trash or set it out with the newspaper for recycling.

Garbage day for us is Monday, but because of the hoiliday and working a  double shift, I forgot to set it out today when they did late pick ups. The can can wait an extra week. No rush.

There were no "high dollar items". We spent all of $800 on Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I put the high-dollar boxes next to the neighbor's cans
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Went to put my garbage in my cans in the alley, garbage can was missing, found it sitting outside the neighbors back door filled to the brim along with thier 3 garbage cans filled as well. I wanted to dump their garbage on their back door but my wife is less aggressive, I guess we will wait until the cans are emptied so we can fill them up with our refuse. What is up with people, I'd expect this from the "undocumented workers" that live on either side of me, instead it was the white trash that work for city maintenance that live across the alley.

We had this issue last year, and before I consulted the better (calmer) half, I went ahead and returned the neighbor's property in the middle of their driveway.

She seemed concerned that they might take issue with my behavior.  

Turned out that I never heard word one about it, and my trash can never went missing again.

Sometimes the cro-mag method REALLY IS best.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#15]
If you're the new owner of a fireplace (especially a used fireplace with a few years on it) DO NOT burn your wrapping paper in your fireplace. My chimney sweep said he keeps his truck gassed up and ready to go around Christmas due to chimney fires from this. The little pieces of paper catch on fire, lift off and hit the sides of the chimney, igniting creosote deposits.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, drug all the boxes and bags out this evening. No worries unless the crooks want to steal toys from my 15 month old, then I'LL DRAW DOWN ON THEM!

On a side note about the neighbor stealing trashcans, last year when the hurricanes were pushing up through Fla, we had real bad winds & rain. The wind carried my empty 95 gal rolling container down the street a couple houses. Later that night, I met a neighbor for the first time (lived here for over 5 years) and were talking about the damages. He admits to me that he thought his wife may have taken my trash can as she thought it was theirs. I told him that it was mine and I had found theirs earlier that afternoon, behind his house, destroyed. I was walking behind the houses to find the rest of my vinyl siding that blew off. He replied that he would bring it back down to me the next morning. After a few days went by and no trash can returned, I called my trash company, informed them what had happened, no problem, we'll deliver you a new one the next day and bill the neighbor for a destroyed, then stolen trash can. The thing that pisses me off is that he admitted to me his wife took it and promised to bring it back the next day and didn't.

To top it off, and this should be no suprise, he is a friggin' lawyer!

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Sadly no.  But I'm not too worried about it unless someone wants to rip me off for a My Little Pony or some Imaginex.  Just wait till they break in for that Pony!  I'll put up a fight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top