yellow lights and seeing alot of people run
the "tagged" lights.
{including friends whom I am
riding with at the time} I wonder how often they
are enforced.Maybe in problem areas
it is frowned on more.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
all you have to do to avoid tickets at camera lights is dip your tag in clear coat.  the reflection blocks it from being read.

James
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Or stop before killing someone?
View Quote

Obviously you didn't read the article. he addresses that very argument in the article.
Are you going to register all of  your guns when they ask for them? since your not a criminal, you have nothing to fear. that's the same arguement the anti's make, and now you are too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Here in the Sydney area the Police use various  speed cams, fixed, and mobile too. Some mobile radars can detect 6 lanes of traffic from both directions, and get this from 600 metres too. In shorrt you're busted. All at th same time. double demerit points on holidays to control the road toll. speed kills, and these measures have been taken to save lives, especially on our roads. They are shocking things, and very un-modern in most places.

Red light cams, 'big brother' cams in parks, streets etc. All to deter us law abiders, and to keep the scum of the earth at bay. It works a bit, and if it is just doing that, its worth it.

As for the speed cams and red light cams. They do their job too. All main roads are monitered by the RTA, and all vehs which pass by are recorded by rego numbers.  

The road trains etc, are especially targeted as truckies can only drive fora certain period, and the cams moniter speed etc, too.

Almost sounds like a policed state, but it works. The only ones worried are the guilty bastards.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 1:38:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Fair enough, and thanks for the comments. I don't like the idea of cams in parks and streets, but the conditions that have been brought on in those areas sort of warrants it.

You see the Ethnic and Asian gangs have infiltrated these areas, like rats on a bananna boat, and are as thick as flys on a corpse, and with lack of man power, the police have settled for this. The voilence is shocking, and is un-Australian! You are right, it is an invasion, and could be used for sinister purposes too. You are not wrong, but spend one night  (or day) in those areas, and you may see things different. You might wish for a flame thrower or worse (a few daisy cutters).

For traffic control, you just gotta see our roads. I really have a bad taste about the whole camera thing, but was just telling you the way it is here. You can't modernise roads in areas which are 200 yrs old. Narrow shocking streets, and the highways area what your were 35yrs ago.

Those street cams have since recorded drug deals, murders and assaults. The bastards have been caught, and are now in gaol.

Its really sad here, and the constant influx of these so called 'new' Australians has forced our gov't to fight back anyway they can.
Gotta go, (my Mrs is 'barking' its dinner time here on Sun night.

Cheers and beers
1feal1
Sydney
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Here in the Sydney area the Police use various  speed cams, fixed, and mobile too. Some mobile radars can detect 6 lanes of traffic from both directions, and get this from 600 metres too. In shorrt you're busted. All at th same time. double demerit points on holidays to control the road toll. speed kills, and these measures have been taken to save lives, especially on our roads. They are shocking things, and very un-modern in most places.

Red light cams, 'big brother' cams in parks, streets etc. All to deter us law abiders, and to keep the scum of the earth at bay. It works a bit, and if it is just doing that, its worth it.

As for the speed cams and red light cams. They do their job too. All main roads are monitered by the RTA, and all vehs which pass by are recorded by rego numbers.  

The road trains etc, are especially targeted as truckies can only drive fora certain period, and the cams moniter speed etc, too.

Almost sounds like a policed state, but it works. The only ones worried are the guilty bastards.
View Quote

Actually it is a police state. Big Brother is watching. here in the US, some of us guard our liberty very jealously. They are trying to force their tyranny upon us, but I'm, and I hope others, are trying to stop. If speed kills, how come I don't die everytime I go over the speed limit? And that speed limit is determined not by science, but by politics. The price for some safety is giving up my liberty and that I will not do. because I will end up with neither. Speed enforcement is not about safety, it is about revenue. If they were worried about safety there would be a cop on every street, or an equivalent device, making sure that noone exceeds the speed limit. instead, they arbitrarily enforce the law, probably when they need money. The ideal law, would be one that only in an accident would speed come into a factor, and then charges/fines could be levied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top