Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:03:11 PM EDT
Yesterday I was supposed to go shooting with my brother and stepdad. My brother asked me to see my Glock 22 (he has one to) cause I have the finger grooves and thumb rest shaved off. I dropped the mag, and cleared the chamber and handed it to him, pointed down, slide locked open. He's 29 but has an 18 year old GF and wanted to look bad ass so he dropped the slide and proceeded to throw it in the air and grab it by the muzzle  sweeping me and his GF. I went OFF. He just goes "It's not loaded" I went off again, and in very loud unmistakable terms told him he was fucking retarded and knew firearm safety better than that and he needed to grow the fuck up. I told him to give me my gun back, he actually stuck the fucking muzzle against his head and yelled "IT'S NOT FUCKING LOADED NUMBNUTS, NOTHING IS GONNA HAPPEN" This got a response from me that would have done Chesty Puller proud. I told him to get the fuck out of my site and thanks, cause I just lost my favorite shooting partner, I'd never be around him again if he had access to firearms.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
such language
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Apparently even though his gf sits around telling him he's to damned cocky and acts stupid sometimes, he thinks it's his job to show his ass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Must be in the raisins.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
She cute?

-K
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I was going to say something about him being 29 with an 18 year old girlfriend...but I guess his actions defined his maturity level.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont worry no one goes shooting with me either
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
And then he pulled the trigger and BAM?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
She cute?

-K

She's fucking beautiful lol.  But she's only like 5'2 n 90 lbs soaking wet.  So the looks end at the chin.

Quoted:
I was going to say something about him being 29 with an 18 year old girlfriend...but I guess his actions defined his maturity level.

She's never been around guns and even called him stupid.  It's sad that she's 11 years younger than him and more mature.  Of course we are talking about someone that was gonna be an army ranger and bought the Glock cause his ranger buddy told him that the Army doesn't provide side arms.  Just M-16A2s
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell Dusty, I'll come shoot with ya sometime.  I'll even promise not to point a weapon at ya.

Hate to hear that though.  Maybe he'll straighten up and decide he acted like a moron.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Dusty,

Nah, don't count him out yet. Let what you said "stew" around in his knoggen for a while. I'm sure he'll figure out that you were right.

Also, while you had every right to be angry, and to point that out to him, ask yourself this: "What could I have done to handle THAT better"?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I would have done the exact same thing.

I have a very good friend that I invited to the gun range with me a couple of weeks ago. He brought a new black powder rifle of his to sight it in. I was swept by the muzzle twice and both times I yelled at him, he apologized but claimed it was a black powder gun and not to worry.

Needless to say, he won't be invited to shoot with me anymore and it's too bad because I was looking forward to hanging out with him more and getting him to join the club.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#14]
man that sucks, I can't believe he did that. You did the right thing, he might end up doing something else like a dumbass and shoot u
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dusty,

Nah, don't count him out yet. Let what you said "stew" around in his knoggen for a while. I'm sure he'll figure out that you were right.

Also, while you had every right to be angry, and to point that out to him, ask yourself this: "What could I have done to handle THAT better"?

If letting it stew would work on him with anything, he wouldn't be 29 and have no retirement, no future except as an underpaid equipment operator, a truck that wasn't falling apart and on it's third motor in less than 140k miles an interior that's falling apart and a $3000 set of rims.  After the other day I honestly think there is no possible way I'm related to him.  Honestly in retrospect I would have handled it louder and knocked him out the instant he pointed the gun at himself.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]
edit.  read Dusty's second post more carefully.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

^87th
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Gun safety is absolute. Loaded, unloaded, doesn't matter.

I think if you had dropped a few more F-bombs, you might have convinced him.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't blame ya; nothing pisses me off like being "swept".
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm sure there's alot of dumbasses who wished somebody had yelled at them before their accident instead of after.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Only thing that will convince him is shooting himself.  Some of you may remember that I actually had to draw down on him once.  He was crawling through my living room window at 4 am drunk.  He came VERY close to becoming worm dirt that night.  He didn't learn his lesson then, he never will I don't think.  What can I say, I have a dirty mouth when I get pissed off.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only thing that will convince him is shooting himself.  Some of you may remember that I actually had to draw down on him once.  He was crawling through my living room window at 4 am drunk.  He came VERY close to becoming worm dirt that night.  He didn't learn his lesson then, he never will I don't think.  

Darwin says....    

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I can't say I blame you.

What he did was stupid, and, I would've told him so in no uncertain terms.

Trigger or muzzle control, simple mistakes can be corrected by firm, but,
semi-pleasant language, but, what he did was wrong on many different levels.

#1-  Unsafe.  Completely.  Catastophicly unsafe.
#2-  Lack of respect for your property.  Just on the respect issue alone, I'd tell him to take a hike.

I'd consider taking him back if he asks you, but, you need to have a serious, no BS
discussion on what will be, and, won't be tolerated.

Make it clear, in no uncertain terms, one violation, and, he can take a hike for good.

You used strong language, but, I think that's the only thing you could've done at the time.

Don't worry.

I shoot alone most of the time.

But then again, I don't like people.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I work in a gunstore 5 days a week. I am muzzle swept so often that I really dont care anymore. When I hand the weapon to the customer, I clear it. I watch it when they have it, it remains clear, then I clear it before I put it back in the case...

Being muzzle swept is just a fact of life. Trigger discipline is more important, IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work in a gunstore 5 days a week. I am muzzle swept so often that I really dont care anymore. When I hand the weapon to the customer, I clear it. I watch it when they have it, it remains clear, then I clear it before I put it back in the case...

Being muzzle swept is just a fact of life. Trigger discipline is more important, IMHO.

i was in a gunstore waiting to talk to the guy as he was showing a girl a glock 19.  she starts talking to her friend and waving it around in her other hand as she used her rather complex body language.

then she got a call on her cell phone and sat there talking on the phone with her arm pressed into her but the gun pointed at me.  the guy at the counter and me both kept looking at each other , wondering what to do.  i finally took the muzzle end of the gun and turned it away from me in her hand,  she didnt even notice!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah what he did was stupid and immature, but it is also stupid and immature to freak out on someone.  You are not a drill instructor, learn to  treat people with respect.  Calmly tell him what he did wrong and if he proceeds to act like an idiot then tell him where to stick it.  There is no need for all that bullshit, and IMO you are lucky you didn't get your ass kicked.  Learn restraint......

edited...I think both of you need to grow the fuck up and stop trying to show off your testerone level for the girl
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah what he did was stupid and immature, but it is also stupid and immature to freak out on someone.  You are not a drill instructor, learn to  treat people with respect.  Calmly tell him that what he did wrong and if he proceeds to act like an idiot then tell him where to stick it.  There is no need for all that bullshit, and IMO you are lucky you didn't get your ass kicked.  Learn restraint......

Interesting point of order....

If we are gonna expect people to handle all guns as if they are loaded, then we should act like anyone with a gun has a LOADED gun.....

....which would include NOT screaming and cursing angrily at them, or in any way pissing them off.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Ho...

leee...

Shit!

What a frickin Moron.

Even I(with an extremely limited firearms knowledge) know you don't do that.

1)You always treat a gun like it's loaded
2)You never point it at anyone
3)You never cover the muzzle hole with anything that you're not prepared to destroy
4)You never throw it in the air.

I'm sure there's more.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Yeah what he did was stupid and immature, but it is also stupid and immature to freak out on someone.  You are not a drill instructor, learn to  treat people with respect.  Calmly tell him that what he did wrong and if he proceeds to act like an idiot then tell him where to stick it.  There is no need for all that bullshit, and IMO you are lucky you didn't get your ass kicked.  Learn restraint......

edited...I think both of you need to grow the fuck up and stop trying to show off your testerone level for the girl

If you only knew how much I showed,  as soon as I saw him point it at himself my first instinct was to knock him out to protect him.  Stupid hurts, he's proven it many times.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Something similar happened to me at the gunstore last week, Lady kept slamming shut the slide and dry firing right at me she must have muzzle swept me 6 times, in less than a minute she even dry fired the damned thing pointed at me.  After the 6th time, I responded, that if she even pointed that muzzle at me one more time she was going to be staring down the barrel of my loaded carry weapon.  They were not happy with me, but hopefully she thought about what the hell she was doing after I left.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yeah what he did was stupid and immature, but it is also stupid and immature to freak out on someone.  You are not a drill instructor, learn to  treat people with respect.  Calmly tell him what he did wrong and if he proceeds to act like an idiot then tell him where to stick it.  There is no need for all that bullshit, and IMO you are lucky you didn't get your ass kicked.  Learn restraint......

I disagree.  He did the right thing and used the correct language.  I would have used worse & I would never let a fucktard like that be around me with a gun in his hand..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top