Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 11:31:12 AM EDT
which one to join if you where to join.
reasons would be helpfull.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Tough question.  Costco is one of the biggest anti-gun companies around.  They give millions of dollars each year to Democrat politicians and such.  However, they have really good meats.  My folks belong to them.  I wouldn't give them a dime, but that's me.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
woo hoo I got the first vote.  Sam's Club sucks , I really regret going with them. We are probably getting a Costco in Toledo soon, I will be going there.       maxx
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#3]
BJ's.

gotta love the name
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tough question.  Costco is one of the biggest anti-gun companies around.  They give millions of dollars each year to Democrat politicians and such.  However, they have really good meats.  My folks belong to them.  I wouldn't give them a dime, but that's me.  MJD

+1.

Do you have BJs near you?  We're members there, it's better than Costco in a lot of ways.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Sams is all there is around here, or at least near by.

they do have cheap movies, usually a couple of bucks less than Wal-Mart, I like the 5 pound bags of cheese and huge cans of chip dip and the oversize bags of chips and getting great deals for my daughter on bulk baby formula and dipers.  

Never been to a Costco or a BJ's Wholesale.

Off Topic,

I just remembered a line from I love the 90's when a guy said that he first saw BJ's Wholesale and he said wow, I have been paying full price all of these years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sam's Club sucks , I really regret going with them.

Why?  Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#8]
man, i belong to costco and sam's. as said above, costco is one of the most libtard anti 2a orgs around while sam's is part of wally world and at the opposite end of the political spectrum. having said that, i gotta say that costco usually has higher quality stuff and better prices...they're also tagged as the best by consumer reports.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BJ's.

gotta love the name

+1  I go to BJ's because my bank is inside and it is next door to Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Sam's Club for me.  

Sam's carries a Winchester safe while Costco carries Sentry (made in China) safes.  

Costco owners are anti-gun and big supporters of liberal politicians.  This may or may not make a difference to some folks.  

I suggest you go to both stores and compare selection and prices on things that you would normally buy and go from there.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

Do you have BJs near you?  We're members there, it's better than Costco in a lot of ways.

Yeah, it's right across the street from the Costco.  Might have to check it out for a trial run.  Costco's return policy is excellent.  You can take back just about anything except cigarettes.  You can even return gasoline (even if it's burned up).  MJD
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

Yeah, it's right across the street from the Costco.  Might have to check it out for a trial run.  Costco's return policy is excellent.  You can take back just about anything except cigarettes.  You can even return gasoline (even if it's burned up).  MJD

BJ's does NOT check your membership ID when entering to shop.
BJ's takes ANY credit card.
Both HUGE perks different from the other places..at least when I was a member at the other places.

I have never returned anything.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Sam's Club = 3rd world market. Dirty and it smells like curry. Durkah Durkah!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

Both HUGE perks from the other places..at least when I was a member.

Sold!  MJD
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Sams club here.

got some bread and marked down cookies there today
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Sams is the sweat on the back of the Nutsack under Costco.  Sams hires the people who COSTCO passes over.  The bottom of the bucket.  The customers service is reflected in this hiring practice.

Anyone who like Sams over Costco probably has a Shotgun for home defense too!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#17]
neither. I don't like clubs of this nature
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sams is the sweat on the back of the Nutsack under Costco.

Sams is better.

But BJ's is 87 times better than both.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Costco, hands down.  For a while, I shopped at both.

Better selection, higher quality goods.  More snack making people.  The food at the front is pretty good - pizza, hot dogs, ice cream and dirt cheap.

Locally, the Costco shop is cleaner and better lit.

The membership is about 10 bucks more per year, but this is pretty small in the big scheme of things.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
bj's is ghetto!

you know, all this might just depend on the areas too. the sam's where i live is in a heavily working class/hispanic area while the costco's up in an upscale area.

either way, they're both better than blowjobs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#21]
going to try sams club they sent me a free 1 day pass,but i still will have to pay a 10% more for going.

do they have good selection on bulk meats?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#22]
All we have here is a Sams.  My family has access to both and like's Costco much better.  Didn't know about their anti-gun positions though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't really do either anymore.  I am a member at sams though (It doesn't cost me anything).

I don't hardly go into sams either.. prices are not that great.  I've seen many things in Sams that if you were to walk next door to walmart, you could get it cheaper!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#24]
samsisallwegots
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sams is the sweat on the back of the Nutsack under Costco.  Sams hires the people who COSTCO passes over.  The bottom of the bucket.  The customers service is reflected in this hiring practice.

So how many years have you worked for Sams Club?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd have to go with Sam's since I've never even seen a Costco.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
BJ's.

gotta love the name

+1000
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#28]
None will not pay someone, to buy there wares.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Neither !!! I don't buy enough of there stuff to justify the member ship fee.  A big negative for both of them is there terrible hours of operation. I think they both open at 10 am... Hell I can just run to wally world it's open from  7am to 11 pm almost every day.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#30]
The Price Club aka Costco usually has a 1000 people in the store no matter what time you go.  The BJ's a mile or 2 away has maybe 50 people in the store.  Exact same merchandise for most items.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Neither !!! I don't buy enough of there stuff to justify the member ship fee.  A big negative for both of them is there terrible hours of operation. I think they both open at 10 am... Hell I can just run to wally world it's open from  7am to 11 pm almost every day.....

Sam's Club opens at 7 for Business members

(no crowds either before regular hours)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

+1

They are one of the biggest left wing kommie pinko companies in America. Wal-Mart, no matter what their other policies, is one of the most RKBA companies in America today.

Most of the shit both of the sell is from China, so thats a draw.

I will take pro-RKBA over a pos libtard company on where I spend my hard earned cash.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#33]
www.buyblue.org/directory/78 Sam's Club all the way!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Both HUGE perks different from the other places..at least when I was a member at the other places.

I've returned stuff at BJ's - no hassles.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

None will not pay someone, to buy there wares.

Let's try this - "None.   I will not pay someone to buy their wares"

Took me a little while to figure this one out.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Smas Club didnt havy anything good marked down today
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top